Author Topic: Most Embarassing Moment in Chrono Gaming...  (Read 6277 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Most Embarassing Moment in Chrono Gaming...
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2005, 07:15:05 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
What? Are you saying that the first boss in Chrono Cross will defeat me if I don't stock up on elements or something... :? ?

Well, maybe, if you took to much damage during round 1.

DoomSickle

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Insane and happily so
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2005, 09:07:58 pm »
It took me forever to beat the Pentapus... -_-"
That, and fighting my way through Ozzie, Slash, and Flea in Magus's Lair, only to be wiped out by a RolyBomber. That sucked.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 03:16:41 pm »
Quote from: DoomSickle
It took me forever to beat the Pentapus... -_-"
That, and fighting my way through Ozzie, Slash, and Flea in Magus's Lair, only to be wiped out by a RolyBomber. That sucked.

Heh. That is too bad. I always avoided those stupid things.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 05:39:10 pm »
For me, it was the first real fight vs the 3 blue imps...I was kicking Gatos aßß until i had 1 hp(wanted to gain techs and levels and stuff), i went on with the game and...these imps pwnd me...
Another embrassing moment is...I don't get CC working  :oops:

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 02:52:07 am »
For me It was not realizing what the Power Meal did in CT, I thought the description "Heals ?" meant that the effect was unknown. :shock:
Another one I hope somebody else has done was to go all the way through CC and never knowing about double techs(Didn't read the manual, I was so excited when I bought it, I didn't bother reading it till after i beat it.)And seeing as there are so few....

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 08:51:04 pm »
Um...what *does* the power meal do? Er, I never found that out myself  :shock: .

I knew there *were* double techs, but I didn't use them til my second playthrough, so I'm sort of on the same page with you >_>.

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2005, 03:38:21 am »
Oh yeah it heals "?" status, ya know when your techs are locked. But coudn't you just use a heal to get rid of that? Dunno  :?  dont remember ever getting my techs locked except for the battles with rubble and the boss orb. And when that happens u cant use item either.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2005, 09:16:13 am »
Doesn't  it randomly heal HP, MP or both?

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2005, 12:52:29 pm »
lol Like I said I dunno what It does, I was just to lazy or didn't care to use it. I just assumed since the description was "Heals ?" I thought it meant tech lock since u get a ? over ur head.

drone

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2005, 01:00:19 pm »
i, too, died when facing yakra the first time i ever played the game .. but that was really only because i wasn't properly prepared for anything, and the concept of healing my members had been pushed to the side in my mind for some reason.

oh, and when you had to play that stupid roulette game with fargo for the first time before you could see the sage? i thought you WERE supposed to win at that point, so i spent 3 hours of my life trying to beat him--i finally checked gamefaqs for any "hints", but instead found that you ARE required to lose, and do something else, before moving on in the game. i felt like a complete dolt. :-[

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2005, 03:38:20 am »
Another one was facing Magus, first battle the very first time I played CT, I was kinda ignorant about save points being before bosses sometimes and I just kept going on my merry way when i realized I hadnt saved it or healed properly when I entered the battle.lol He wiped me out with geyser on the first round. My friend was watching so i have to say that was pretty embarrasing.

Discoman

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2005, 12:03:27 pm »
Getting stuck on Gairia for like a week, stopped playing. Then one day started playing again and took him out on the first try. Then i go into the dead sea and get stuck on Miguel. As said before I stopped playing, then one day re-arranged my elelments and party and took him down with ease. After I got the Dragon plates the game got extremely easy.
  In CT losing to the thing in Arris Dome... the robot thing.... Losing to Yarka and forgetting to heal. Beating the game on an emulator then not being able to do New Game+ (Oddly I've done it before).

Elvis_Maximus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2005, 06:31:56 pm »
Quote from: kennyj2003
lol Like I said I dunno what It does, I was just to lazy or didn't care to use it. I just assumed since the description was "Heals ?" I thought it meant tech lock since u get a ? over ur head.

I'm pretty sure thats what it does, but I've only used one once...

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2005, 02:40:17 am »
Quote from: drone
i, too, died when facing yakra the first time i ever played the game .. but that was really only because i wasn't properly prepared for anything, and the concept of healing my members had been pushed to the side in my mind for some reason.

oh, and when you had to play that stupid roulette game with fargo for the first time before you could see the sage? i thought you WERE supposed to win at that point, so i spent 3 hours of my life trying to beat him--i finally checked gamefaqs for any "hints", but instead found that you ARE required to lose, and do something else, before moving on in the game. i felt like a complete dolt. :-[
Yeah you gotta love those battles and events that seem like you gotta beat them but can't. I remember in Radiata Stories, theres a battle that seems possible to win, and I had used almost every item in my inventory to stay alive, just to find out you have to lose. The very first battle in the game is the same way. :?

RudyRoughknight

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2005, 03:36:57 am »
Hmm embarrasing moments eh? Ahh calling Chrono Trigger a failed attempt at a decent game and then actually playing it and becoming a very big fan of it. Now I own the original cartridge, Chrono Cross, rom of Radical Dreamers, and tons of CT and CC stuff.