Author Topic: A theory about both Glenns of the Chrono world.  (Read 5140 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
A theory about both Glenns of the Chrono world.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2005, 04:53:14 am »
Fargo seemed like he knew it all. He even knew he was Nikki's father, just didn't care much anymore because he lost Zelbess. Same with Marcy. He probably knew, just didn't care.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2005, 05:48:08 am »
Just a random thought after not playing CC for...well...a long time now...But is it mentioned that Fargo is Marcy's father? I mean, we know that Marcy & Nikki are sister and brother and that they share the same mother...but do they necessarilly share the same father???

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2005, 06:23:30 am »
Yeah, Irenes talked to Fargo about it. She said something like "don't you even remember your own daughter? Luccia took her in when Zelbess passed away, and you didn't want to see your own daughter because she reminded you of her" something to that extent.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2005, 10:47:23 am »
I just played throught that part last night on my third playthrough and yeah...the conversation between Nikki and Fargo reveals that to be the case. Fargo also owns the dresser that Nikki's mother used to own, with the scratchs that Nikki made or something like that.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2005, 11:50:07 am »
Yeah. I bet he tried putting on her make up and stuff, then his father caught him and he fell and his nails scratched the cabinet. Besides the point that he was in his moms clothing and Fargo gave him a beating XD

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 03:22:58 pm »
i really think that Fargo and Nikki were just a waste of memory on the disc, just the story anyways, nothing really major happens with either of them, and Nikki is just kinda weird.  I mean, how did Marcy end up where she's at, and Nikki go off and be a cross dressing rock star, who can't do any good moves but suck.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 05:25:33 pm »
I like Nikki, he like shoots people with his guitar. That is pretty badass.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 02:20:11 pm »
yeah, too bad he looks like whinier, more gay version of Marylin Manson, and who the hell would chose him in any battle when you could have Guile?  Or even after that, i would never use someone who looks like they have gender confusion and whose techs basically suck.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 04:40:25 pm »
I found him in my first playthrough, thats why.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 06:19:57 pm »
I always chose Guile, plot wise anyway because he still reminds me of Magus.

Anyone notice that in Chronopolis when the Radical Dreamers stuff comes on, Kid says that those people were her crew? In other words - Serge and Guiles..

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2005, 06:46:23 pm »
Magil actually... not Guile(s). :)

Me... I pick Pierre for the first time through. >_>(I was trying to use him with every boss battle I could use him in... and I MADE IT! *Grin*)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2005, 10:52:10 pm »
With the Time Shifter, GrandFinale is one of the more awesome looking Techs in the game. Talk about a performance!

But honestly, how can you complain about the power of any of the characters Techs when you can pick the suckiest character of the lot (you decide) and still breeze through it?

Lin_Zhen_Quan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.happydragon.tk
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 03:16:02 am »
reincarnation doesnt work like that. just coz you were a knight one time doesnt mean you'll be a knight in your next life. Reincarnation doesnt neccessesarily mean you'll be human again. Glenn could have reincarnated into an actual frog and then after that maybe one of the random encounters along the way. OMG you killed Glenn! If you think about reincarnation more religiously than logical or scientifically than Glenn being a good person despite his circumstances in CT would  have reincarnated into a higher form rather than the same thing. Frog/Glenn maybe The time devourer or Dragon. Who knows? Even though that is very unlikely.

Remember its a japanese game and it religious connections are more earth and universal worship rather than karma or god like.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2006, 08:40:19 am »
Quote from: Lin_Zhen_Quan
reincarnation doesnt work like that. just coz you were a knight one time doesnt mean you'll be a knight in your next life. Reincarnation doesnt neccessesarily mean you'll be human again. Glenn could have reincarnated into an actual frog and then after that maybe one of the random encounters along the way. OMG you killed Glenn! If you think about reincarnation more religiously than logical or scientifically than Glenn being a good person despite his circumstances in CT would  have reincarnated into a higher form rather than the same thing. Frog/Glenn maybe The time devourer or Dragon. Who knows? Even though that is very unlikely.

Remember its a japanese game and it religious connections are more earth and universal worship rather than karma or god like.

Anime/Japanese game reincarnation laws are different. Usually, when one is reincarnated, they are reincarnated closely in looks and do something that they may have done in their former life, hence they get more power that way. eg (Inuyasha - Kikyo and Kagome.)

Dissonance

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2006, 03:45:50 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
I always thought (and still do) that CC's Glenn is just Square's way of showing: "See, there IS a Chrono Connection!" so they could keep you intrested. I mean, you see a green haired knight called Glenn, what would you think of first? That's what: "OMG! IS THAT FROG?!"

Agreed!  Just as the promotional screenshots showed a OMG IS THAT GUARDIA CASTLE (the Viper Manor's moonlit walk across the brdge) OMG IS THAT 65 MILLION BC (Gaia's Navel, complete with lil' Ayla) OMG IS THAT 2300 AD (the Dead Sea) and OMG IS THAT BALTHASAR (yep :P )