Author Topic: A theory about both Glenns of the Chrono world.  (Read 5117 times)

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
A theory about both Glenns of the Chrono world.
« on: September 27, 2005, 01:01:08 am »
Disclaimer: I don't not really believe my own theory(That bad... :oops:), I might use it for a fanfiction, but this theory will not leave me alone unless I post it here(Not really.).

I am sorry if this theory has take too much of your time, and it might not be such of a theory.

Pardon, the grammar, I don't have a grammar checker. The spelling, I think is good. Forgive some of the words that are used in this theory, I am not much of a theory thinker, that tried to make it looked good.

Mods, Forgive me if I post this in the wrong part of the forums.

Onward to the theory!

Now, Everyone knows that Glenn from Chrono Cross isn't the same person as Chrono Trigger, and I am with almost everyone in thinking there isn't almost any way for Glenn to be the same person in Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger. I didn't just contradict myself, did I?

The theory of how Glennes can be the same. ....Don't kill me?

One word: Reincarnation!

Now... I think, the Reincarnation of someone isn't suppose to remember its past, Right? And suppose to almost live the same life? or is that Incarnation?

So...Taking that into meaning or whatever, It would be suppose that Glenn from Chrono Cross won't KNOW that he is the reincarnation of Frog/Glenn...

So... in a  sense, Glenn from Chrono Cross is(or could be.) Glenn from Chrono Trigger. :P

My own Counter argument:
1. They not the same person!
2. ....They used different legendary swords.
3. Not the same hair color or length.
4. Glenn from Chrono Cross can use two swords?

I am really bad at counter-argument.

The counter-counter agreement.
1. You don't know.
2. Um, I will get back to this, I think.
3. Who saids they have to THE same hair color/length?
4. True.

Then again, I never really read into Reincarnation and I did this for the heck of it

that or I wanna a think of a really silly theory.

I really shouldn't have read those thread in Analysis part of this forums... I think.

No wait, I had this idea before then, Nevermind that sentence above.

This is why I should not try to think of a theory, It likely to be insane.

That all for the theory, and I might add more to it.

It is good for being my first theory of Chrono series.

*Bows* Thank you for taking the time to read this theory.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

edit: ....Fear the small theory. >_>

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 05:26:31 am »
It seems as if that were true there would be some hint to it...I mean, there really is no credit to such a theory other than they share a common name, and in CC it's stated that Glenn is simply named after a hero from legend (our pal Frog Glenn from CT obviously).

Discoman

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 07:57:11 am »
Well i guess they realised how the character was alike and named him Glenn.
 1. They're both Knights.
 2. They both lost someone close to them after venturing for a Holy Sword.
 3. Both have a crush on Royalty.
 4. Both weild Holy Swords.
 5. Has the double tech X-Strike with the main character.
 It's probably considering that they really never mentioned him and wanted a character like him in the game.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 08:12:52 am »
Well, it's like how people said that Serge is reincarnated from Janus, and that was why Schala heard him over others. There has been nothing to disprove this, but people think it'd doubtful, but can't explain why he's the chosen one by Schala.

Well, basically, there are 2 types of reincarnations.

1) This is the karma reincarnation. From what you did in your past life, it will affect what you will be in your next life, or the determination of what would happen. For instance, you kill a person in your past life, you may become a human but you will suffer pain and loss and be hurt and never have good things in life, and possibly die young. If you were really good in life to everyone and yourself, you can get reincarnated as someone rich and have a happy life or something similar like live as a rare tiger that gets all the attention etc.

2) This is the spirit reincarnation. Your spirit from your past life does not change, and in every reincarnation, you are born to a couple who have all the DNA qualities to remake you into something close to your old self. That's almost how God does his trick, matching up people to create YOU as he wants you :)

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 06:41:50 pm »
V_Translanka: True.

....Wait! May I ask when they say that he was name after a hero?

I missed it. >_>

Zaperking: Very interesting.

Well, if Glenn was reincarnation of the other Glenn, #2 would seem more likely. :P

Now, if somehow this theory(Riiiight.) is right... I think I might blink and then cheer. >_>

Wrong: No skin off of my back.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 06:46:22 pm »
I tend to lean more on the SE trend that in their RPG series, there must be one signature name that gets passed on through each game (Cid, Bicks, Wedge etc.)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 07:20:52 pm »
Even after all this, you fail to address how the two Glenns share the same name.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 07:36:12 pm »
Aura, I'm not sure what you mean...It seems that they share the name like a man named Steve shares a name with all the other Steves in the world (If I'm understanding your statement correctly.)

Also, I don't see how a theory can be, "wrong," as it is NOT hard fact/data. Some theories can be stranger, and some that are considered "wrong" probably are not paying enough attention to the in game evidence, but I don't believe a theory is, "incorrect."

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 07:36:19 pm »
I always thought (and still do) that CC's Glenn is just Square's way of showing: "See, there IS a Chrono Connection!" so they could keep you intrested. I mean, you see a green haired knight called Glenn, what would you think of first? That's what: "OMG! IS THAT FROG?!"

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 07:43:24 pm »
Kazuki: True to that.

Any theory can work, until the hard cold facts kill it. :P

Aqua: Are you taking to me?

Hm, Let's me see..

Garai thought it would be a good idea to name his son after a hero and he couldn't possible know that his son is the reincarnation of the hero?  :lol:

That was bad. >_>

....Remind me, next time I post a theory. Do a better job defending it or make a theory that isn't as this weird or whatnot theory.

I don't think I have to defend much if I ever get to posting some ideas why ZOAH wears that helmet.... or what he look like under it. >_>.... maybe.

Legend of the Past: Aye... I think when I saw Glenn, I was thinking.... Cool! ^_^

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 08:31:02 pm »
We may have one instance of reincarnation in the series, the Zealian woman with the Seed of Life and Fiona.
Quote from: Dragoness
I don't think I have to defend much if I ever get to posting some ideas why ZOAH wears that helmet.... or what he look like under it. >_>.... maybe.

Zoah is obviously the illegitimate son Zippa had with Radius, since the Devas are the sons and daughter of the former Devas:
Garai > Dario
Zappa > Karsh
Fargo > Marcy
Radius > Zoah.
 :roll:

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 08:57:16 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
We may have one instance of reincarnation in the series, the Zealian woman with the Seed of Life and Fiona.
Quote from: Dragoness

Zoah is obviously the illegitimate son Zippa had with Radius, since the Devas are the sons and daughter of the former Devas:
Garai > Dario
Zappa > Karsh
Fargo > Marcy
Radius > Zoah.
 :roll:

*blink* I would not have thought that... Hm. That might be reincarnation.

Being that I never really thought that Fiona could be a reincarnation.

O_o....So, That why he wear the helmet. He look like Zippa and Radius...O_o

They must have been drunk like heck. :P

Just joking! :P ....That would be interesting if Radius was ZOAH's father... and bloody weiiiiird. >_>

Though, I didn't think of Fargo as a Deva. :P

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 12:28:31 am »
Fargo was most likely a Diva, since he has connections with General Viper, Radius etc.

Also, I always did think Fiona was the reincarnation of that Zealian Woman. Her wish finally came true. She would be born in a time where there are forests, but her dream would not finish there. She would have to grow the trees in her next life, and thanks to the help of Robo, it happened. So maybe she got reincarnated into a nun in 1000AD? :)

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 01:31:46 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Fargo was most likely a Diva, since he has connections with General Viper, Radius etc.

Of what era? The new generation belongs to Marcy, Zoah, Karsh, and Dario, wheras the old was Viper, Radius, Zappa, and Garai. There is no room there for him to be a Deva, unless he was temporary, or something to that effect (or, maybe, the postions of Deva are not limited to four.) I've always felt that, seeing as he's a pirate (or, at least the one that has a grievance with Viper), that's where the issue lies. Viper is Lord of El Nido, and as such the power and law of the waters there. Fargo is a pirate who works contrary to the law, and likely had run-ins with Viper's dragoons who attempted to stop his piracy, perhaps even with Viper himself in that regard. That is what I always thought his connection was, and whence the hatred stems.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 02:56:03 am »
General Viper controls what is seen to be El Nido, and that's not including Marbalue, Gildov and Arni. He basically only controls Termina and his own manor and the Dragoons.

Besides, Fargo turned into a pirate only in one dimension. And that was probably cuz he did it for the thrill, cuz Zelbless still died.

And since Fargo is from the mainland too, he definately wouldn't have come to El Nido without any reason, which is why I speculate that he was a Deva, and Viper was not. Viper is the general of everything, not a deva himself.