Author Topic: Adult Swim lost its class?  (Read 2233 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Adult Swim lost its class?
« on: December 13, 2003, 01:32:02 am »
This week I began staying up to watch Adult Swim due to the rotation of Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, and Big O (my new anime interest). I noticed that as usual, the opening of Inuyasha was missing; however, something else caught my attention: Big O's credits were shortened. Fearing the worst, I watched Cowboy Bebop and was horrified to observe the absence of the commercial intro/outros, as well as the compact new credits. If I did not own the Bebop DVDs, I would be enraged at this moment. Adding to the loss of class is the new heavy-handed marketing, which permeates the programming. The comments in between commercials are also progressively becoming more ... well, the commentators are becoming more of an ass each day.

I'll continuing watching for Big O. I'm hooked; it's intriguing...

By the way, anyone here have Morrowind?

D_H_Magus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 01:45:12 am »
i also noticed these things, although i was not as pissed as you seem to be. i don't like the shortened credits, but the thing that comes up between commercials doesn't bother me too much.

and i have morrowind for the xbox.

Drumguy074

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 02:56:27 am »
I have noticed that Cartoon Network's anime quality has started going completely down hill.  They've started showing some gay little gundam show in the afternoon, and they don't seem to show Dragonball Z at all any more.  They don't even show Cowboy Bebop all the time any more.

flea plus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 03:19:57 am »
Plus they took off lupin the 3rd :( .Was just starting to get into that.But  trigun's good.flcl was good but I did not know what was going on.

Green Dream

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 12:58:02 am »
Come on.  Adult swim is for Sealab, Aqua teen, and the Brak Show.  So many good quotes out of those shows...  ...like mine.

I also loved it when Carl's body was made out of thousands of eyeballs or when that TV falls on Braks head when he's outside, but you had to see them.

Cowboy bebop is very well done though.  And Big O was an interesting concept.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 01:08:57 am »
I saw the Cowboy Bebop movie, it was pretty interesting. Got the autograph of the guy who created at E3 last year. I watch it at some point.

BunnyFighter877

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=RandomReels778
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 05:07:49 am »
i dont watch big O because at first i saw the comercial for it and it seemed like some gundam rip-off(which i also hate) because of the giant fightin machine thingies. i DO want to watch big O just to see what its like and observe it fully before i judge it(i did watch gundam BTW and didnt really like it, giant fighting machines just arent my thing)

i do watch cowboy bebop from time to time and trigun, but i dont care for trigun as much because the story of it seems very repetitive(DBZ anyone?), what with some uber powerful thing trying to control people and do stuff while sending out his minions to their certain doom.......i just dont get it

my favorite anime on cartoon network though would have to be either case closed(though i missed tonights episode *sob*) or the new .hack(ya know, the one from the manga) but it kind of makes me mad that they changed mireille's name to miray(I LOVED HER ORIGINAL NAME) and orca's name to OCA *sticks finger in mouth*

Ramsus

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 05:51:56 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
I saw the Cowboy Bebop movie, it was pretty interesting. Got the autograph of the guy who created at E3 last year. I watch it at some point.

You were at E3 last year?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 03:05:36 pm »
Quote from: Ramsus
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer

You were at E3 last year?

That was the last E3, actually, this past May. But, yes, I did go last year. I've been to the last 2 E3s.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 12:57:57 am »
Yes, Radical Dreamer is the subject of much envy and loathing.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 07:39:18 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Yes, Radical Dreamer is the subject of much envy and loathing.

I also went to the "Dear Friends" concert.

As for that postcard, I'm probably gonna sell it on ebay at some point.