Author Topic: Fan Chrono Stories  (Read 533 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Fan Chrono Stories
« on: September 29, 2005, 07:17:46 am »
Dont get me wrong. The stories fans come up with are superb, and i love them. But my message also goes to Squeenix. As much as i want a Chrono sequel, i just feel that nothing stands up to Chrono Trigger. This may sound stupid, but i dont mind people changing any final fantasy storylines, but with chrono trigger it makes my spine tingle. thats why when i heard of chrono cross, i was like, "oh no!" But its good, everythings good, but i dont know, when people talk about magus and what happens to him im like "no, shutup!" maybe thats why square didnt put magus in cc. i dunno. comments?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Fan Chrono Stories
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 04:58:19 pm »
Feelings/Attitudes based on nostalgia alone are stupid.

Daniel Krispin

Fan Chrono Stories
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 07:30:54 pm »
Well, considering I wrote what is probably amongst the five longest Chrono fanfictions on the net, I'd have to disagree. But that's just me.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Fan Chrono Stories
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 07:38:05 pm »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Well, considering I wrote what is probably amongst the five longest Chrono fanfictions on the net, I'd have to disagree. But that's just me.

All right...my curiosity has got the better of me. Link!

Daniel Krispin

Fan Chrono Stories
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 07:29:42 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
Quote from: Daniel Krispin

All right...my curiosity has got the better of me. Link!

Well, that was just a guess based on ff.net. It's second longest there, so I extrapolated - 190,000 words, essentially. It's at http://www.geocities.com/twilight_of_fate/ which is better than the version of ff.net, seeing as geocities allows me the use of my favoured BookAntiqua font over TimesRoman (the letters are just a little smoother feeling and not so harsh as TR).

Honestly, though, I don't think you'd like it much. It's a little too 'me' if you know what I mean. Too religious, and all that sort of thing; I really cannot recommend you reading any of it, as I think it would just be a waste of your time. Furthermore, I can't convey the Chrono feel nearly so well as someone like ZeaLitY can, for example. Personally, I consider it to have simply been a practice for actual writing. As a story, it's rather flawed.