Author Topic: Lynx in Home World  (Read 4033 times)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 12:40:12 pm »
Now, next question!

I have the blessings of all 6 Dragon Gods, I have all the characters I've met, but... From what I know, Steena in Home World should give me the Dragon Tear, or I should find it (Tear of Hate + Tear of Love?) from Fort Dragonia. However, there's nothing in Fort Dragonia, except Draggy. And Steena in Another World doesn't have the Dragon Tear, while I can't access her tower in Home World.

Help! I don't want to face the nightmare of Chrono Trigger. It took me months to complete, because I couldn't go further at some points. I want to complete Chrono Cross this year...  :lol: (Yeah, I know, I'm too bad for RPG player.)

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 04:30:31 pm »
From what I remember, go to Steena in Home World (I think it's home) and she'll give you the dragon tear.  Then take it to Fort Dragonia in Another and go to where you and Lynx had switched bodies.  You'll get your old body back and the Tear of Love.  That is, if you do have the blessings of all 6 dragons.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 03:53:58 pm »
Thanks for the tip, but I found what was wrong: I didn't show that key item exactly in front of Direa, so nothing happened.

Anyway, when I found what was wrong, I went to Fort Dragonia, to the Sea of Eden, to Chronopolis and to Terra Tower. However, it seems that I'll stay there forever, because that Gravitor thing ****s me every time I get near. I think I'll start the game over and steal a Black Plate or something...  :cry:

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 05:41:32 pm »
Hmm...I never really had any trouble with any of the Terra bosses. Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but have you tried in what is in my mind the flawless strategy of two people healing, one person attacking? You probably know that strategy already, though it took me a while in CC to get fully adjusted to that concept.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 06:17:47 pm »
Quote from: fxar99
I think I'll start the game over and steal a Black Plate or something...  :cry:

No! Never just start over! Or you'll end up like me! :shock:

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 06:30:05 pm »
Aren't your "start overs" forced, though?

And yes, what a horrible fate indeed to end up like Nightmare  :lol: .

I kid.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 06:39:51 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Hmm...I never really had any trouble with any of the Terra bosses. Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but have you tried in what is in my mind the flawless strategy of two people healing, one person attacking? You probably know that strategy already, though it took me a while in CC to get fully adjusted to that concept.

Well, I thought I had a good team - I defeated Fate with the first time, in 7 minutes without losing - this is not a joke. But Gravitor kills Serge with his first attack (you know, OmegaBlack or something, causing about 600-800 damage, I don't remember). Then, he kills Kid with a few other attacks, before she even manages to load elements. Viper is the only one who resists, but he can't do anything alone...  :cry: Sigh...

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 06:42:37 pm »
I believe you about FATE....she was a joke.

Hmm...so every time you fight him, he gets the drop? I just fought him on my New Game +, and I went first...curious. Well, the only thing I can suggest is possibly trying to pull of a diminish element before he attacks (I.e I suggest Grobyc in your party - It generally helps if one person is not affected too badly by the spells.)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 06:52:36 pm »
About Fate... I finally downloaded a walkthrough from GamesFAQ. I read that the battle with Fate was the hardest of all in the game. How couldn't I believe it? When Fate attacked me, my computer rebooted (****ing plug-ins!). But, anyway, when the battle began, I was so scared that I released Ultra Novas and Saints and stuff... :P

About Black characters, I'll try... A serious problem is that I don't have many Black Elements - imagine that I defeated the white Terra boss with physical attacks (Serge's weapon is better than his elements  :lol: ). I hope I manage to do something...

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 06:56:27 pm »
Yeah...almost all of Chrono Cross's GameFAQs faqs are complete BS when it comes to enemy stats/info.

Just curious, did you defeat Dario?

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2005, 07:00:48 pm »
Dario... Hmmm... No. I think it's an optional battle or something, right? I didn't even fight the Black Dragon  :lol: .

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 07:09:32 pm »
Wait...how do you have Kid if you didn't beat Dario? I thought it was nescessary to beat Dario, get the Mastermune, and take it to Kid to revive her.

I never fought the black dragon until my third playthrough...kept missing it >_>.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2005, 07:18:34 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Wait...how do you have Kid if you didn't beat Dario? I thought it was nescessary to beat Dario, get the Mastermune, and take it to Kid to revive her.

You can use the Chrono Cross

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2005, 08:09:32 pm »
Yes, it's the Lucca's Orphanage sidequest. It features Kid as ...kid being saved by Serge. It's very touching...

I was probably lucky that I fought some silly Lavaboys instead of fighting Dario, right?  :lol:

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 08:22:28 pm »
I suggest you do fight Dario...If you win, you get the mastermune which would help alot (I assume you're using the stone swallow.) Although, getting down from Terra tower and up again would be a bitch I can imagine.