Author Topic: I Missed the Stealth Fighter Scene... T_T  (Read 1136 times)

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
I Missed the Stealth Fighter Scene... T_T
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:54:58 pm »
The first two times I played Chrono Cross, I remember seeing a still scene in which stealth fighters were attacking Terra Tower/Dinopolis about the same time when I was visiting Chronopolis.

But, this time around, when I visited Chronopolis, I didn't see that scene!

I'm at Terra Tower now, facing the 'Taurs, and eventually the Lunar Dragon, and I'm wondering if I missed that scene, or whether it's coming up later.

Can someone confirm this for me?

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: I Missed the Stealth Fighter Scene... T_T
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:54:22 pm »
Quote from: Zenning
The first two times I played Chrono Cross, I remember seeing a still scene in which stealth fighters were attacking Terra Tower/Dinopolis about the same time when I was visiting Chronopolis.

But, this time around, when I visited Chronopolis, I didn't see that scene!

I'm at Terra Tower now, facing the 'Taurs, and eventually the Lunar Dragon, and I'm wondering if I missed that scene, or whether it's coming up later.

Can someone confirm this for me?

stealth fighter? are you sure it wasnt lunar dragon?

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 03:01:25 pm »
You've never seen this scene before?

There's a still scene which depicts stealth fighters swarming Terra Tower; they are those upside-down "V" shaped things with jet emissions coming clearly out of them.

It's not a FMV, just a still, non-moving image, that has text imposed over it as someone is talking.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 03:52:02 pm »
Quote from: Zenning
You've never seen this scene before?

There's a still scene which depicts stealth fighters swarming Terra Tower; they are those upside-down "V" shaped things with jet emissions coming clearly out of them.

It's not a FMV, just a still, non-moving image, that has text imposed over it as someone is talking.

oh yah i thought you ment something elese.... isnt that desplayed when talking in the library in terra tower?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 04:26:55 pm »
I used to have an image of it. If someone can get another screenshot, thank you. Oh, and if you do get to that point in the game on an emulator, and can get the SS...Take a screen as soon as it starts, and take one as soon as it is done panning. Take more if you can so you can get the background without the text over it. I already did this once, but it appears the image is gone. Thankfully, I still have the pics of the Dead Sea and Terra Tower.

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 05:30:26 pm »
I think you get that as you are talking to Belthasar in Terra Tower.

At least that where I remember it. >_>

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 05:59:35 pm »
YES, I finally saw the scene in Terra Tower, when Belthasar talks to us.

Strange, I didn't remember about the pseudo Viper Manor scene in Terra Tower. And, it didn't look as cool as when I first saw it; I remember seeing more stealth fighters than were actually in the picture...still a cool scene, though.

(If anyone has PC desktop wallpaper images of Terra Tower, or the stealth fighters' attack on the Terra Tower, that'd be just great. The scene we see of Terra Tower floating of the Reptite city looks cool, too).

Although, why was such a scene there, and why was Belthasar in Terra Tower, for that matter? If you visit Viper Manor just right before going to Terra Tower, you see that Belthasar is still there!

Also, what was the face on the under side of the tower that speaks to you when you pass under it?

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 11:30:39 pm »
Heh, I asked that very same question in locations section of the discussion area.

Um, is it possible to miss that scene? For me, you had to go through all that before you could proceed.

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 01:01:36 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
Heh, I asked that very same question in locations section of the discussion area.

Um, is it possible to miss that scene? For me, you had to go through all that before you could proceed.

Yes; a door to the side leads off to the pseudo Viper Manor scene.

Then, you return back to the scene from which you accessed the non-existent room, and the door that lead to it has disappeared, and a new door is appeared at the top of the screen in its stead.