Author Topic: Lynx in Home World  (Read 4032 times)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« on: September 17, 2005, 05:23:28 pm »
I'm with Lynx in Home World and have recruited a few characters. What must I do next?

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:54:53 pm »
I'm not exactly sure how detailed of a reply you want, so for now I recommend a trip to Viper Manor. If you've done that already, then head for Marbule.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:08:43 pm »
You need to get the boat from Norris in Viper Manor, if memory serves...

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 04:28:21 am »
Sorry, didn't use many details. I have Norris (from Viper Manor) and also Starky, Radius and other guys, the boat and have visited Fort Dragonia in Home World (but found nothing special). I've been to Marbule and other towns but still nothing special happens. What now?

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 04:33:20 am »
Ah, ok. I think I know where you are.

Have you been to Marbule and spent the night there? If not, do so, and things pretty much take themselves off from there

(If you don't know where to go after the sequence, you go to the S.S. Zelbess. But you need to stay the night in Marbule first.)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 07:32:02 am »
Huh? Marbule is the town of the demi-humans, right? Is there an inn or something to spend the night? Anyway, I'll try. Thanks  :D

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 02:43:20 pm »
im on my second run of the game sincei bought it years ago; i just got past that point. The town marbule there is a room at the very begining where you can take a nap. Further in town Toma's Decendant will mention fargo's ship and the "sage" so just find his ship and try an find the sage.

after you do some gambeling which you cant win cause fargo is a fuggin cheater go to the magic show twice to become kittie cats and then go to the inn. go get decatted and confront fargo you now have access to the area of the ship where the sage is.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 07:31:33 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki

Have you been to Marbule and spent the night there? If not, do so, and things pretty much take themselves off from there

(If you don't know where to go after the sequence, you go to the S.S. Zelbess. But you need to stay the night in Marbule first.)

That the stuff you forgot to do Kazuki? :lol:

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 08:08:00 pm »
Quote from: nightmare975
Quote from: Kazuki

That the stuff you forgot to do Kazuki? :lol:

...no. What are you talking about? I never forgot to stay the night in Marbule...

And anyways, I'm in the middle of my second playthrough and am NOT missing the Black Dragon this time (I assume that's what you're referring too =P.)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 02:38:45 pm »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
im on my second run of the game sincei bought it years ago; i just got past that point. The town marbule there is a room at the very begining where you can take a nap. Further in town Toma's Decendant will mention fargo's ship and the "sage" so just find his ship and try an find the sage.

after you do some gambeling which you cant win cause fargo is a fuggin cheater go to the magic show twice to become kittie cats and then go to the inn. go get decatted and confront fargo you now have access to the area of the ship where the sage is.

I already passed this point. Thanks for writing all this anyway...

Now, the next question - not necessary yet, but I'm curious. If the (1) Red Dragon is in Pyre Mountain, the (2) Black Dragon in Marbule (that was the most tough :D), the (3) Blue Dragon at the Isle where the fairies live, the (4) Earth Dragon north, inside the moving sand, the (5) Sky Dragon on the top of his island, is the (6) Green Dragon in any of the islands around, or do I have to do something else before I manage to find him?  :shock:  I suspect he is in the Dead Sea or something... So, please, answer me with this:
A - He is hiding normally like the other dragons.
B - He is in the Dead Sea or Fort Dragonia or another special place.
C - He doesn't exist or there is a special quest before finding him.
Don't tell me what's going to happen after finding him, though :P

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 03:19:21 pm »
You have to go to the Hydra Marshes. It isn't there, but you have to go there first.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 03:43:40 pm »
Thanks!  :lol:

I hope I haven't completed 50% of the game yet. Damn, it's much, much better than Trigger (flame, flame!)...  :D

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 04:48:16 pm »
Flame? Not at all! I applaud your uniqueness  :D . I don't know if I enjoyed it more than Chrono Trigger though...possibly about the same. They're both great games.

I think you may be at the 50-60% mark, since Disk 2 isn't long at all, but I don't know where you are specifically, so....

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 01:42:13 pm »
Yeah, Trigger had a very easy to understand but still complicated enough plot which made it great. Cross has a style that makes you feel it is a dream (and the music creates a nice atmosphere) which is closer to the style I like.  :)

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lynx in Home World
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 10:59:37 pm »
Quote from: fxar99
Yeah, Trigger had a very easy to understand but still complicated enough plot which made it great. Cross has a style that makes you feel it is a dream (and the music creates a nice atmosphere) which is closer to the style I like.  :)

I agree that the setting does give a successful, enigmatic, and dreamlike quality.