Poll

When did you fully comprehend Chrono Cross?

First playthrough
7 (21.2%)
Second playthrough
7 (21.2%)
Third playthrough or more
4 (12.1%)
After I read the Condensed Plot Summary
7 (21.2%)
I still haven't fully memorized it yet
8 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: September 17, 2005, 01:17:18 pm

Author Topic: 05/09/24 - When did you fully comprehend Chrono Cross?  (Read 3619 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
05/09/24 - When did you fully comprehend Chrono Cross?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 11:14:17 pm »
Quote from: nightmare975
Quote from: Kazuki
I WAS at the point where you fight the black dragon (4 other relics) on my second playthrough, but I messed up and took the relic from the sleeping dragon again...eliminating the main point of this file (being able to forge with rainbow.) >_>

Has the thought of just reseting the game ever come across your mind?

Ok, I'm going to ask you nicely to stop insulting my intelligence  :? . Of course I'm restarting from the last place I saved (right after the Dead Sea bit).

And a playthrough should be a full run through the game, or a file with intentions to do that, in my opinion.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 11:34:37 pm »
Quote from: nightmare975
I WAS at the point where you fight the black dragon (4 other relics) on my second playthrough, but I messed up and took the relic from the sleeping dragon again...eliminating the main point of this file (being able to forge with rainbow.) >_>

Has the thought of just reseting the game ever come across your mind?

Ok, I'm going to ask you nicely to stop insulting my intelligence  :? . Of course I'm restarting from the last place I saved (right after the Dead Sea bit).

And a playthrough should be a full run through the game, or a file with intentions to do that, in my opinion.

I'm sorry that you feel that I insulted your intellegence, I really didn't mean to. Just be glad that you at least beat the game once!

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 02:32:02 am »
What's to understand?  Its the most convoluted Rescue-The-Princess game ever coded.  ‘Nuff said. :P

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 08:01:15 am »
"Thank you Serge, but our Princess is in another dimension!"  :P .

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 10:07:48 am »
I comprehended it from first game. And I don't like most peoples opinions and theories on CC because most aren't based on Game Evidence >.>

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 02:14:09 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
I comprehended it from first game. And I don't like most peoples opinions and theories on CC because most aren't based on Game Evidence >.>

What do you mean Kid and Magus didn't go dimension-hopping back in time to found the X-Men and stop the Nazis from getting the Bomb?

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 03:09:14 pm »

W-W-W-What??? I took the relic from the black dragon without fighting him at all. I hope it is random, so that I won't have to fight him later.  :?

Hey, hasn't anybody really understood Chrono Cross? Hey, then I shouldn't feel bad for not understanding it either  :D

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 03:38:50 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
Quote from: Zaperking

What do you mean Kid and Magus didn't go dimension-hopping back in time to found the X-Men and stop the Nazis from getting the Bomb?

I smell international cover up!

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 04:46:50 pm »
i had to read the ultimania guide and even then i had questions, that's basically why i started going to forums.

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 06:04:44 pm »
Quote from: fxar99

W-W-W-What??? I took the relic from the black dragon without fighting him at all. I hope it is random, so that I won't have to fight him later.  :?

Hey, hasn't anybody really understood Chrono Cross? Hey, then I shouldn't feel bad for not understanding it either  :D

If you take the black relic from him when he's sleeping, than you don't have to fight him, but you can't get the Master Hammer or whatever it's called that's required to make rainbow (Spectra/Prism and all that jazz) items.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 10:14:07 am »
fully I`d say only in the second playthrough...