Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!  (Read 1334 times)

DeweyisOverrated

  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • *
  • Posts: 576
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« on: September 16, 2005, 02:27:07 am »
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

Read the demos and watch the video at the end.  This thing is amazing.

Remember back int he day when you ahd to make a long jump with Mario, and you would tilt the controller all the way to the side, thinking that would actualyl work?  Well now it does, but to a more extreme degree.

This thing picks up movement in 3 freaking dimensions.  It can be a tennis racket, baseball bat, fishign pole, etc etc.  Anything.  You move it in that direction/way, it moves in that direction/way.  I can't wait for Mario Party on this thing.

Now I can actualyl control where my gun goes.  I can stick my arm out and see the gun go more outwards on the freaking TV.  I'm sorry, I can not WAIT for this thing to come out.  Nintendo was right.  I could give two craps about graphics at this point.

saridon

  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • *
  • Posts: 720
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 02:42:16 am »
wow the controller looks like it might take some getting use to it being a remote and it seems to be a controller that will preform badly with terms of fluid controlability with button pressing on alot of games but since thats just from looking at it you cant really tell, though i might be wrong there cause i forgot holding it sideways might be the way its ment to be held for those games.

knowing Nintendo and how long they have been around for, it is probally a very practical controler and works well but it might throw of some people based on the way it looks, maby after i watch the video the way in which its used propally will show how good of a controller it is.

but as for features its pretty freakin impressive

V_Translanka

  • Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • *
  • Posts: 8340
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:40:26 am »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Now I can actualyl control where my gun goes. I can stick my arm out and see the gun go more outwards on the freaking TV.


I'd rather have a gun controller (ala the old Nintendo's Zapper :lol:) than another ugly Nintendo controller...

Hadriel

  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • *
  • Posts: 1044
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 12:21:09 pm »
And this, ladies, is why Nintendo is the best game company ever and thoroughly owns Sony and Microsoft.

SilentMartyr

  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • *
  • Posts: 1373
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 10:33:08 pm »
Has anyone thought the potential for Chrono? SE is already on board with this controller. And the series has always been about being different. I dunno, I just can't shake the feeling that this controller will be the birth of a new Chrono game. Mark my words people...

CronoVolta

  • Porrean (+50)
  • *
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 10:11:34 pm »
Nintendo already has a add-on shell planned for it that you attach the remote to so you can play the classic games comfortably and it will still have the motion sensing abilites! This makes me wonder if there's any point in just using the remote by itself. Probably for some of the new games.
You can see right here. This is just a mock up though.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

Also there is an extra attachment that they made for it that you hold in left hand to so say in a FPS you can move forward and left and back and you aim your gun with the remote just as well as a mouse can on the pc! Think of the possiblities!!

BlueThunder

  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • *
  • Posts: 447
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 05:54:44 pm »
That is weird

SilentMartyr

  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • *
  • Posts: 1373
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 04:53:54 pm »
Quote from: CronoVolta
Nintendo already has a add-on shell planned for it that you attach the remote to so you can play the classic games comfortably and it will still have the motion sensing abilites! This makes me wonder if there's any point in just using the remote by itself. Probably for some of the new games.
You can see right here. This is just a mock up though.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

Also there is an extra attachment that they made for it that you hold in left hand to so say in a FPS you can move forward and left and back and you aim your gun with the remote just as well as a mouse can on the pc! Think of the possiblities!!


The shell is really only designed for multiplatform releases like Splinter Cell.

Eriol

  • Guardian (+100)
  • *
  • Posts: 113
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 05:19:42 pm »
Quote from: CronoVolta
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

Warning!  This is NOT Nintendo's Image.  IGN created it!  The article clearly says that they made this mock-up, not Nintendo.  The article DOES say some type of "near-conventional" controller acessory will happen, but doesn't give images, etc.  That image is IGN's.

Kazuki

  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • *
  • Posts: 948
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 05:43:26 pm »
Quote from: Eriol
Quote from: CronoVolta
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

Warning!  This is NOT Nintendo's Image.  IGN created it!  The article clearly says that they made this mock-up, not Nintendo.  The article DOES say some type of "near-conventional" controller acessory will happen, but doesn't give images, etc.  That image is IGN's.


Go figure...Anyways, I think it'd be a bit much if they really were making a controller that remote-esque.

Eriol

  • Guardian (+100)
  • *
  • Posts: 113
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 06:01:34 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Go figure...Anyways, I think it'd be a bit much if they really were making a controller that remote-esque.

Oh the "controller-like" images are bang-on nintendo's, and they let the media handle and play some demos with it.  I was referring to the "remote + shell" image only.  That's IGN's.

Kazuki

  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • *
  • Posts: 948
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 06:04:44 pm »
Er, whoops. I didn't fully understand you sorry >_>.

CronoVolta

  • Porrean (+50)
  • *
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 06:34:25 pm »
Yea I should have made it clearer when I said it was just a mock-up that it was IGN's mock-up. Sorry for the confusion.

V_Translanka

  • Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • *
  • Posts: 8340
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 04:14:33 am »
I think it's obvious that Nintendo will need another controller...that is, unless they decide to go the 'only first party games' route...Which is almost all of what Nintendo is about lately anyhow...I couldn't imagine many developers wanting to make games for that controller...Didn't they learn from N64 & Gamecube's mistakes?

Hadriel

  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • *
  • Posts: 1044
    • View Profile
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 05:11:07 am »
Read the article.  You can use the GameCube controller with the Revo.  It wasn't because of the controller that few developers made games for the GC; it was the optical disk format they used.