Author Topic: Should I play FF7?  (Read 20461 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2005, 02:27:36 am »
Oh right...I knew your damn lists were too big for me to notice every single RPG series every produced was on them...>_>

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2005, 06:10:34 pm »
Quote from: Me Seemingly A While Ago
Ok ok, so are there any truly bad games out there that I like?

I just remembered one game in particular that most people would find really really shitty that for whatever reason I absolutely enjoy playing, possibly because it's easy and relaxed:

Mickey's Ultimate Challenge (Genesis; I know there's a SNES one, but the one I played was...yeah)

^_^

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2005, 06:13:44 am »
Oh yeah who doesn't love an obscure Sega version of a Disney game?

:roll:

I prefered Adventures In the Magic Kingdom on NES myself...:wink: Space Mountain took me forever to master...

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2005, 07:02:26 am »
But who doesnt love an obscure Square version of a disney game?
 :roll:
Kingdom Hearts was a discrace. It was too childish, like the ones before the current Kameo screenshots, with all the fairies and shit. Oh darkness and light and bullcrap. At least at the time FFX was out and we had death and destruction  :twisted:

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2005, 07:35:20 am »
I personally never saw the appeal of Kingdom Hearts as well...not much into the whole, "Disney" thing. Yet, I know a ton of people loved the game, so it might be worth a look.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:49 am »
I mean, you can have fun with it...in a new Crash Bandicoot kinda way. The story doesnt involve you at all. To make Square universe (the square universe? Random characters in a colisseum and aeris) and disney universe combine, what do they do? They make it a universe where they are all in different planets! Nice work square. I ber square were like, we'll make the game, you come up with the story. But i guess it WAS a game meant for kids...

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2005, 02:30:37 pm »
...looks like all you who played and didn't enjoy Kingdom Hearts missed the storyline. It was a typical Square storyline, and it involved Disney. And it made Disney look not-stupid! It was awesome! And the gameplay was excellent, the graphics were quality, the music was fine...I honestly had NO problems with Kingdom Hearts...except the Gummi Ship...that was stupid.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2005, 04:57:23 pm »
Since when is Kingdom Hearts obscure? Seems like someone just wanted to bash it and couldn't find a proper outlet...:P

Oh yeah, and the E rating is for Everyone. :wink:

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2005, 05:48:14 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
...looks like all you who played and didn't enjoy Kingdom Hearts missed the storyline. It was a typical Square storyline, and it involved Disney. And it made Disney look not-stupid! It was awesome! And the gameplay was excellent, the graphics were quality, the music was fine...I honestly had NO problems with Kingdom Hearts...except the Gummi Ship...that was stupid.

I completely agree.  Kingdom Hearts was great.  Can't wait till KH2.  If I had to take anything away from Kingdom Hearts, is how most of the "Disney" mini-storys within the game sometimes don't connect with the overall storyline good enough.  Still a great game and great story though.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Should I play FF7?
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2005, 03:34:19 am »
KH2 looks crap. Look at Deep Dive, now look at the current footage. The KH storyline? Give me a break. Darkness has engulfed the world. They go to different towns. There are evil people. And because Sora is "chosen" he must kill them. Where is the references of human nature? Where are the choices? It was a disney game. Not a square one. The only good, beautiful part was when Riku gets trapped in Kingdom Hearts. I try and cleanse mickey from my brain.