Author Topic: CT Style Sprites of Anime Characters  (Read 1269 times)

Ann O. Nymous

CT Style Sprites of Anime Characters
« on: September 14, 2005, 02:08:32 am »
Nearly every popular game series out there has fan-made sprites of characters in the style of the series.  There's Mega Man style Final Fantasy characters and Sonic-style DBZ Characters for example.  However, when it comes to Chrono Trigger, most of the custom sprites I've seen have been either recolors or additional poses.  I'd like to see if spriting talent could be pushed a little further and so I thought what if there were CT-style sprites of anime characters.  I thought one of the easiest places to start was the Dragonball universe (DB, DBZ) for obvious reasons.  But I soon found I had a problem.  I am terrible at spriting.  Still, I thought this might be an interesting idea.  What do all of you think?

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
An Attempt
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:44:33 pm »
Despite my horrible spriting skills, I think I do have a sample of what the project description would be.  I did not stick solely to DBZ because I was interested in making Chrono Trigger style Sailor Moon characters.

Bu I guess no one's interested.  Moving on...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 07:33:15 pm by Nangbaby »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 08:55:18 pm »
Oo you said your spriting skills are horrible? HA your a god compared to me -.-

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 10:38:29 pm »
...those are actually quite good.

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 01:35:09 am »
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I didn't even think I got any responses to it.  Thanks for the compliments.  I think these sprites are still substandard myself.

In addition, I have reogranized the sprites I've edited so it's a bit clearer than the last file, thus making it look more like a proper sprite sheet.  Most of these sprites are scaled down as far as colors are concerned so that they only have 15 colors...at least I hope I did.

Anyone want to add their attempts?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 07:46:18 am »
still very nice.  I would attempt to do something like that but i'll prolly screw it up ¬.¬''