Author Topic: Doors in the future  (Read 4556 times)

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2005, 02:08:45 pm »
A medicine bag, eh?  Why the hell does sqaure do that?  They always screw up translations and make people have threads like this.

Maybe since Lavos reigned over 2300 A.D., he somehow created the doors with his knowledge of Zeal to hide the treasures he thought may help some adventurer destroy him? Just a thought.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 06:03:49 pm »
Absolutely not. Assuming for the sake of arguement that Lavos is even intelligent enough for that, he would either not bother because he's too cocky to think his own "creations" can stand a chance against him, he's make a much more sophisticated way of guarding them, like hurtling them into another dimension, or he'd destroy them outright.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 06:25:16 pm »
Lavos doesn't do Zealian technology... Since he destroyed it without looking at it.. Except for possibly the Ocean Palace/Black Omen, that had no sealed doors.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Doors in the future
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 10:55:16 pm »
Quote from: SolidSnake_8608
Why the hell does sqaure do that? They always screw up translations and make people have threads like this.

Actually, I remember from reading one of the interviews (somewhere on the Compendium, good luck sifting through 'em!) where they said that the CC translation we got was tweeked because it didn't make as much sense in the Japanese version. Basically, we got a version of CC that actually makes MORE sense than the Japanese version (with the minor exception of the dual Devourer of Times that is).

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 12:23:13 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Quote from: SolidSnake_8608
Why the hell does sqaure do that? They always screw up translations and make people have threads like this.

Actually, I remember from reading one of the interviews (somewhere on the Compendium, good luck sifting through 'em!) where they said that the CC translation we got was tweeked because it didn't make as much sense in the Japanese version. Basically, we got a version of CC that actually makes MORE sense than the Japanese version (with the minor exception of the dual Devourer of Times that is).

yah its like how the japanese title for the up comming DBZ game sounds more english then the american version(jap:sparking us:budokai tenkaichi)

jeese to think how confueing the sea of eden stuff was in the japanese version

Lin_Zhen_Quan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.happydragon.tk
Doors in the future
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2006, 03:09:53 am »
doesnt that mean that you have to be high on some drugs to travel between dimensions???

I guess the US release was to keep it G-Rated?

Well atleast we now know the real benifits of being high on drugs.

I personally havent had any experience with recreational drugs and dont intend to.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2006, 06:43:10 pm »
WTF? No one mentioned drugs at all!

Lin_Zhen_Quan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.happydragon.tk
Doors in the future
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 01:29:06 am »
astral pendant allows travel between dimensions, if it was a medicine bag that did.Then i think you can figure it out.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 07:10:43 pm »
If you can cross dimensions with drugs, you have bigger problems than being high. Especially with the two different worlds being subtlely seperate at best.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2006, 11:03:07 pm »
Quote from: Lin_Zhen_Quan
doesnt that mean that you have to be high on some drugs to travel between dimensions???

I guess the US release was to keep it G-Rated?

Well atleast we now know the real benifits of being high on drugs.

I personally havent had any experience with recreational drugs and dont intend to.

Technically it wasn't G-Rated...ESRB gave it teen, which could mean that some minor drug/alcohol references could be included.

However, I think you're insane to say that they ingest substances to travel dimensions. Last time I checked a *pendant* =/= drugs.