Author Topic: Vehicles: Epoch and Blackbird  (Read 9153 times)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Vehicles: Epoch and Blackbird
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 04:29:31 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if there was dreamestone involved in the process, as it seems to be a crucial mineral when non Lavoid magic is involved. But I seriously doubt that there is any substantial amount of it in the machine.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 05:21:04 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
My gut reaction is that if the Epoch were made out of Dreamstone, someone would have said so at some point. Epoch's an important ship, and Dreamstone's an important stone. But in the English version of Chrono Trigger, anyhow, there is no such mention of a relationship between the two.

I agree fully.  It seems like it would have been mentioned somewhere if it was the case.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 06:47:56 pm »
The Dreamstone could be the power source, and since the Epoch seems to have some AI, the Dreamstone draws on it's dreams of functioning and thusly act as an infinite energy source :O

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2005, 07:49:41 pm »
Still, the question remains: Where would he get the dreamstone? When he's gated, it doesn't show him carrying a quantity that would appear big enough to power a machine that can travel through time...

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2005, 03:05:20 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Still, the question remains: Where would he get the dreamstone? When he's gated, it doesn't show him carrying a quantity that would appear big enough to power a machine that can travel through time...

Neither is the Nu that is with him, or the Epoch itself.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2005, 06:37:30 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

Doesn't he create the epoch in the Keeper's Dome after he's gated? Maybe I missed some evidence that he had it (at least partially) built in 12000 B.C.

About the Nu...um...they're mysterious? Er...the Entity did it! >_>. Seriously, though I don't know. Don't they exist in some form in every time period? I don't remember them in 600-1000 A.D., but my memory is probably faulty...

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2005, 06:39:44 pm »
There was a Nu in the Blue Pyramid in 1000 AD

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2005, 09:14:58 pm »
Yeah, I was gona say that.
The Nu says that it's waited like 10,000Years of Belthasar at the blue pyramid and that it'd be with him shortly. It's as if it's immortal in the pyramid or something.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2005, 02:32:16 am »
Well, we really don't know what Nu's are.  It could be a robot of some sort, so age really has no bearing on them.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2005, 05:43:05 am »
Well if it has a scratch point, then it's definitely organic. It's just the 2300AD Nu that has like that thing installed into it cuz of Belthasar.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2005, 01:58:00 pm »
Hmm, the scratch spot is a good point.  I just kind of always assumed they were mechanical due to the switch on its belly.

I guess some sort of cyborg thing?

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2005, 02:59:48 pm »

Doesn't he create the epoch in the Keeper's Dome after he's gated? Maybe I missed some evidence that he had it (at least partially) built in 12000 B.C.

Dalton recognizes Epoch after the fall, he says something along the lines of "That looks like the machine Belthasar was working on. You don't deserve such a toy! It will be my personal chariot!"

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2005, 06:30:00 pm »
That robotic Nu was obviously special. Perhaps Belthasar made it into a robot because the substance Nu's are made of are more reliable and immortal that metal.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2005, 08:59:45 pm »
Dalton recognizes Epoch after the fall, he says something along the lines of "That looks like the machine Belthasar was working on. You don't deserve such a toy! It will be my personal chariot!"

That's a very good point. It probably establishes decisively that the Epoch was created in part or in full back in the Dark Ages of Zeal.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 05:58:16 am »
Quote from: Lord J esq

That's a very good point. It probably establishes decisively that the Epoch was created in part or in full back in the Dark Ages of Zeal.

The Epoch from 2,300 AD could be a different model that Belthasar built from scratch though.