Author Topic: Vehicles: Epoch and Blackbird  (Read 9155 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Vehicles: Epoch and Blackbird
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 10:32:33 pm »
Don't underestimate me with the game script... I never lie:

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 10:33:30 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Don't underestimate me with the game script :P

Basically it's saying that the spiritual energy gets amplified to allow Epoch to travel time.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 10:38:49 pm »
Well I'll be darned. I stand corrected. What an odd way to make time travel work...

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 12:24:16 am »
Robo seems to be a big source of info for the Compendium. Who else could have come up with the Entity theory?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 12:49:46 am »
1) Yet another thing I never really took literally. He says "as if"...I take it as meaning he's trying to compare the energy he's seeing/reading to something of equal (or in this case, it seems, lesser) value...

2) I think you could have just quoted it...Or is it not in the Compendium's script?

3) Edit button>Double post

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 06:48:32 am »
That was an accident :P

Well, we can definitely see that the power that he is trying to explain, be it the sum of all human energy, or whatever, is extraordinarily powerful. Most of the time, I always thought it was hope and the will for the future to change by Crono and co. and all the humans that they've ever met.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 01:41:47 pm »
Where are you getting this from? If it had ANYONE's spiritual energy and vitality, it would be the sum of the whole two people on the Epoch besides Robo. I think that's supposed to be an artistic passage, not a revelation of the storyline.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 01:19:12 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
It always seemed to me that the Epoch was made out of Dreamstone (What else can penetrate Lavos and unite it's energy with the user's vitality?)

While that makes sense (as I doubt ordinary materials would have the power to destroy Lavos's outer form, my question is where would he get the dreamstone in 2300 A.D? Was it carted over with him when he was gated...?

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2005, 03:33:56 am »
Hm...I don't know. Maybe getting Melchior a piece of Dreamstone for Melchior had a butterfly effect that made it available for Belthasar. Or maybe he already made the parts using Dreamstone before he got gated, and the Epoch followed him.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 04:23:25 am »
The latter seems to make more sense, as I don't see how giving the dreamstone to Melchoir to reforge the Masamune could have caused Belthasar to also acquire enough dreamstone to make the Epoch out of.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 10:15:08 am »
No evidence... And Dreamstone is out. Where the hell would Belthasar get dreamstone when even Melchior only had one tiny rock to fix the Masamune.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 02:01:46 pm »
Butterfly Effect. One minor change totally fuxx0rs up the future in ways you can't ever comprehend. You know how you saved Lucca's mom? Well you also gave her father breast cancer :P

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 02:03:40 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
No evidence... And Dreamstone is out. Where the hell would Belthasar get dreamstone when even Melchior only had one tiny rock to fix the Masamune.

The only reason he had the rock is because you went back in time to get him some.  I always thought it was not a question of quantity, more of convenience.  Melchior says something along the lines that long ago, Dreamstone was everywhere.  I take that to mean there are Dreamstone mines, where the ore is waiting to be extracted.

Ayla also mentions that her stone is a symbol of power, more or less, to make her chief.  If Dreamstone really is housed in some sort of mine, they would have to mine it out.  That's a bit beyond the technology of Ayla's people, who just use wooden clubs.  That piece was likely one that could be broken off very easilly, and because of its rarity, became a sort of heirloom for the chieftan.

As to the Epoch being made of Dreamstone, I have my doubts.  Where would he get it?  After 65,002,300 years, it's probably not accessible anymore if it even still exists.

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005, 03:10:56 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Butterfly Effect. One minor change totally fuxx0rs up the future in ways you can't ever comprehend. You know how you saved Lucca's mom? Well you also gave her father breast cancer :P
Except that clearly that's not how CT's universe works.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2005, 05:37:41 pm »
My gut reaction is that if the Epoch were made out of Dreamstone, someone would have said so at some point. Epoch's an important ship, and Dreamstone's an important stone. But in the English version of Chrono Trigger, anyhow, there is no such mention of a relationship between the two.