Author Topic: The Frozen Flame in real life O.o  (Read 5627 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
The Frozen Flame in real life O.o
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 11:57:54 pm »
Quote from: nightmare975
Frozen Flame or not, we exist.

Thanks for clearing that up  :roll: .

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 11:59:07 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Quote from: nightmare975
Frozen Flame or not, we exist.

Thanks for clearing that up  :roll: .

You're welcome :D

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 08:30:20 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
Neanderthals were more like us than like monkeys, and we're both closer to apes than monkeys. Also, modern humans have existed for some 400,000 years. While that may be long enough, in theory, for true races to arise, humanity is comprised of one biological race. The so-called "races"  (whites, Asians, etc) are merely social constructs.

THis is not true. in english class we were doing aboriginal perspectives and it turns out that there are i think 7 different race stuctures. i cant remember which though :?  There was like Mongolian, and Australasian or something. More when i find my damn english notes :evil:

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 12:45:32 pm »
...you learned that in ENGLISH? Dayum.

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 03:16:50 pm »
Austrailians came from England. They were English convicts brought to Austrailia for imprisonment or something.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 07:49:23 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
Neanderthals were more like us than like monkeys, and we're both closer to apes than monkeys. Also, modern humans have existed for some 400,000 years. While that may be long enough, in theory, for true races to arise, humanity is comprised of one biological race. The so-called "races"  (whites, Asians, etc) are merely social constructs.

THis is not true. in english class we were doing aboriginal perspectives and it turns out that there are i think 7 different race stuctures. i cant remember which though :?  There was like Mongolian, and Australasian or something. More when i find my damn english notes :evil:

A middle school English class does not trump accepted biological anthropology. There is one biological human race. All of the other subdivisions are folk taxonomies that do not rely on the biological definition of race. While it is certainly true that there are genes that people have that betray ancestral geography; this is insufficient for the defining of true races. Your teacher should be ashamed for lying to you and your classmates. That is unacceptable.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 08:07:55 pm »
In case it hadn't occurred to any of you, Chrono's evolutionary history is based on ours; this is why the similarities occur.  As for the bits of inconsistency, just imagine that Ayla's face looks like Zidane's and everything is all better.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005, 08:53:55 pm »
Quote from: Naz
Austrailians came from England. They were English convicts brought to Austrailia for imprisonment or something.

Australia, in addition to having been an English colony, is home to the more native Aboriginals. It is these indigenous peoples which comprise the context for the word "Australasian"--which is primarily a geographical word referring to Australia, New Zealand, and other islands in the area--as a racial term describing a broad subset of the human species. The word Australia  is based on the Latin word for "southern." For instance, the aurora australis describe the southern lights, and Australia itself was described a southern landmass--not very creative, but certainly applicable.

Given how badly we "Caucasians" have trod on native peoples in our adventures around the globe, it's just a bit unsavory to completely forget that Australia had people before the English arrived.

Muffins

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 01:43:33 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
As you can see at this point, the AuraTwilight has melted it's own brain. No longer able to make understandable posts, it will continue to roam untill death.

"To further elaborate, this is the session in it's life cycle when it gets it's brain replaced with a positronic matrix and links with all the world's computers and destroys humanity. CRICKEY! Are those men riding skeletal horses?"

I have the Frozen Flame in my basement. I got it at a garage sale for 1 rainbow shell.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 02:57:23 pm »
Quote from: Muffins
I have the Frozen Flame in my basement. I got it at a garage sale for 1 rainbow shell.

You got swindled, my friend. What you have in your garage is actually a Frozen Flam. It's a cheap knockoff, but at least the flams go 20 feet.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 06:41:22 pm »
Ha. That is so Frozen LAME!

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 09:20:03 pm »
This discussion is going nowhere fast.  Topic Locked.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 01:08:18 am »
Ugh, as I was going through my topic review of this forum, I happened upon this. Bleah, this is the pinnacle of failure in the analysis forums. Thank you for locking, GrayLensman.