Author Topic: Let's Play 2023 - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete  (Read 19075 times)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2023, 03:08:36 pm »
Ooh. Boo, how can anyone follow that up? :p I had to have a few beers before I was ready to tackle your post, but I have a few responses:

-One thing that stuck out are the male Ausas. Usually Vane is always run by all females so I thought that was a little random/unbelievable not to say male Ausas can't exist but in the games they've never had any.
-I liked pretty much your whole story. I'm a HUGE LUNAR fan and I've never written any fanfics of any sort. In fact, I only just thought of what I wanted to see in a possible LUNAR 3 when you poked-and-prodded me about it. I almost never really ruminate about LUNAR, I just re-play the games whenever I can and memorize the basic lore and try to commit it to memory. I don't really think of "what if?" scenarios just trying to get the canon right.

Um. I've only come up with a few points for what I wanna see in LUNAR 3: I think the game will definitely take place on the Blue Star as it has been restored after the events in EBC so I see you traveling there. I think Lucia can finally be a playable character (as opposed to AI) and she'll be the first main female character for the LUNAR franchise like Terra to Final Fantasy. I think it'll probably be some fanservice-of-game like FFX-2 was with just girls romping around the world.

That's really all I thought of.

FFXV: I liked the cinematics mostly of those scenes where Noctis and Lunafreya were like flowing around in the water flowers. I thought the story was nice. I enjoyed the bro-ness. Sucks that Lunafreya died but she was there in the ending which I didn't get? I haven't done any of the DLC but I kinda wanted to go back to the main game and do all the trophies while it's still fresh.

DQ11: I kinda really like it. It's more up-my-alley than FFXV like smalltown country bumpkin farmboy who finally leaves the gates of his small village which's the only thing he's known his whole life to embark on a big adventure. I like that simple shit. I quite like that it's such a throwback traditional, classic, old-school, turn-based, linear JRPG.

Tikka masala: I love this stuff. I was cooking with one of the maids so it was a two-person effort but I was mostly leading. I used a microplane to get rid of the fibers in the ginger before pounding it in the mortar & pestel with the garlic. I used a lot of oil (I like oily foods) and cooked it, then added all of the spices I learned to go easy on the chili powder this time, then added the tomato paste, then the tomato sauce and I added a LOT of coconut milk to get it to turn a real orange color. Then I just dumped in the potatoes, green peas and cubes of cheese. And I let it boil a lot to thicken it up. It was SO easy to make at home to think I used to pay to get it from a restaurant? I made so much and I plan on eating it everyday for a while. I didn't make any naan I just eat it with rice.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2023, 11:05:59 pm »
Regarding hypothetical LUNAR games...

-One thing that stuck out are the male Ausas. Usually Vane is always run by all females so I thought that was a little random/unbelievable not to say male Ausas can't exist but in the games they've never had any.

Yeah, I just like subverting expectations. Figured it would be good to do yet another staple turned on it's head. And I figured one of the two brothers would look more like Lemina, the other more like Mia. Haha.

Um. I've only come up with a few points for what I wanna see in LUNAR 3: I think the game will definitely take place on the Blue Star as it has been restored after the events in EBC so I see you traveling there. I think Lucia can finally be a playable character (as opposed to AI) and she'll be the first main female character for the LUNAR franchise like Terra to Final Fantasy. I think it'll probably be some fanservice-of-game like FFX-2 was with just girls romping around the world.

This is a fun idea! I definitely want to see the Blue Star, and having Lucia again would be cool. Maybe she has to rescue Hiro, or perhaps it's before Hiro gets there?

I liked the cinematics mostly of those scenes where Noctis and Lunafreya were like flowing around in the water flowers. I thought the story was nice. I enjoyed the bro-ness. Sucks that Lunafreya died but she was there in the ending which I didn't get? I haven't done any of the DLC but I kinda wanted to go back to the main game and do all the trophies while it's still fresh.

Okay, so the DLC in the game is pretty much all backstory. One follows Gladio when he meets up with Gilgamesh; another follows Prompto when he was separated from the group (and deals with his origins -- turns out he's a clone); another one follows Ignis and does actually give an optional story path with an optional ending had he and Noctis chosen a different path.

Where things REALLY get interesting was the last DLC, which was a prequel that followed Ardyn and the origins of both his character and the starscourge. It explained everything with him and his brother (who looks a bit like Noctis) and essentially establishes the founding of the Lucis dynasty and the Royal Arms.

There were three other DLCs that were coming out... One would have followed Aranea as she adopts and trains an orphan during the time jump... Another would have followed Lunafreya, who is revived and brought back to life... And the final DLC would have been a massive "true ending" that actually followed Noctis, Aranea, Lunafreya, and Ardyn teaming up together to take on the source of the starscourge itself: the evil dragon king Bahamut. It would have ended with both Noctis and Lunafreya surviving and getting married, and it would have been the real ending to the story.

It really, really sucks that we only got the Ardyn setup for the team-up. They did end up taking the scenarios and writing them into a book called The Dawn of the Future:

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-Dawn-Future/dp/1646090004

It's canon and still exists, it's just not in the video game format, which is a huge bummer.

DQ11: I kinda really like it. It's more up-my-alley than FFXV like smalltown country bumpkin farmboy who finally leaves the gates of his small village which's the only thing he's known his whole life to embark on a big adventure. I like that simple shit. I quite like that it's such a throwback traditional, classic, old-school, turn-based, linear JRPG.

Nice dude! Glad it's scratching that itch. Let me know how your experience goes. I'd like to play it one day.

Well, I'm prepping for a presentation I have to give tomorrow morning. It's to my entire department, which is about 300 people. I'm quite nervous, haha... Glad you're doing well, man. Save me a plate of that tikka masala! Haha!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2023, 04:03:40 pm »
Hey, Boo. Oop- Late reply.

Tbh, I'd take any LUNAR game they could possibly throw out there rn! :p I'm not one to bite the hand that feeds me!

I can kinda see Prompto as like born in a lab cause he's like fair skinned and blond. It would only make sense! I've been thinking about Final Fantasy XV a lot the last few days after ever since beating it. I guess, I really liked it a lot. After I get done with an intial run of DQ11, I was thinking about going back to FFXV and getting the platinum. And then in the Trophies Menu I see all the DLC, and then the Royal Version... I'm kinda interested in them.

Yeah, I'd had heard about the book.

Sounds like you really know your FFXV I really like the new games (especially this one!), but I find myself going back and reminiscing about the older FF titles too, which kinda makes me think about FF PixelRemaster. The graphics are just so good for the PS4 games.

DQ11 is really good like really, really good... I like how it's so traditional JRPG like: You find a Stick. Attacks enemy with Dagger. Lol! It's just so simple, at first. That's what I really like about it it's like believable if you're from a smalltown village, in the boonies and there's animals in the woods coming in to eat your farm. It's not SO far-out there like most fantasies!

Oh, I liked delivering speeches in community college. My professor said I have a monotone voice though. I dunno if it's because I'm Asian or on the computer a lot. Yeah, I'm thinking about making another batch of masala tomorrow I want my parents to try it out, ...

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2023, 03:22:24 pm »
Hey, Boo! So, just an update. I'm in a chipper mood today.

So I just got a Nintendo Switch OLED. I'm having a lot of DEEP THOUGHTS now. I was always a Nintendo kid growing up back then before I knew about company loyalty or console wars. I feel more at home on Nintendo. I dunno, it's funny? It made me think about how I like or enjoy text-heavy RPGs on the PlayStation. This kinda brought me back to just want to bounce and jump-around on things without a thought in my head! I kinda wanna maybe try some new games out.

I don't want ppl to think I'm a hardcore gamer in my cave reading long scripts...

But, anyway. I digress.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2023, 04:02:38 pm »
I guess, I really liked it a lot. After I get done with an intial run of DQ11, I was thinking about going back to FFXV and getting the platinum. And then in the Trophies Menu I see all the DLC, and then the Royal Version... I'm kinda interested in them.

I haven't played any of the DLC, but they all have positive reactions, so I think they're pretty solid. Something to consider.

DQ11 is really good like really, really good... I like how it's so traditional JRPG like: You find a Stick. Attacks enemy with Dagger. Lol! It's just so simple, at first. That's what I really like about it it's like believable if you're from a smalltown village, in the boonies and there's animals in the woods coming in to eat your farm. It's not SO far-out there like most fantasies!

Yeah, there's a simplicity to the DQ games that's great just because you know what to expect. It's more of the same thing - but in a really good way. The graphics and the music and the entire series is really good. I have to be in the mood to play them, but I like the series.

Also, DQ8 overworld's theme is the best overworld song. Period. ... Also, I also like how they do their overworld with exploration.

DQ11 takes a bit more of an open-world approach, doesn't it? Maybe I'll play it after FFXV. I'm still on Chapter 1 (and don't think I've even played any video games since my last post), DQ11 is a strong contender. Probably DQ11 or Tales of Arise.

I'm starting to get to the point I'm no longer buying video games, as I can wait for them to go on sale and my backlog is just too ginormous. There are so many games that I want to play right now -- Star Wars: JEDI Survivor, Elden Ring, Resident Evil 8, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Stray, Death Stranding, Dead Space Remake, FF7 Crisis Core Remake, ELEX 2, etc.

Have you ever played any of the PirahnaBytes RPGs? They made the Gothic and Risen series, and ELEX was an unpolished but great open-world sci-fi/fantasy RPG that really challenged me. I really want to play ELEX 2.

I just got a Nintendo Switch OLED. I'm having a lot of DEEP THOUGHTS now. I was always a Nintendo kid growing up back then before I knew about company loyalty or console wars.

I generally like games more than consoles and don't have any specific loyalty to Xbox / Nintendo / Sony, but I am Nintendo first for sure. There are SO MANY quality games on the Switch: Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Xenoblade, Mario, etc. There are a ton of virtual shop games, too. Some indie jRPGs and good PC ports. SO MANY GAMES.

I love the Switch. Obviously. We have two in our house. My kids have been playing Ori and the Blind Forest on the Switch and I've been tapped to help in one or two difficult parts. It's a really fun platformer / Metroidvania.

EDIT: Indeed, I haven't played any games since April 17th. :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 04:10:30 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2023, 04:05:20 am »
As I'm playing DQ11 I'm going back to FFXV and doing little things like fishing and finishing up a few sidequests because the last 5 remaining trophies is like eating at me. I wanna finally get a platinum trophy and might's well do it for FFXV so it'll be memorable? :shrug:

I really like DQ for everything we both have said. As I'm playing I go back to thinking how much I enjoyed DQVIII. I don't think about DWVII that often but I know I remember I enjoyed it a lot. I just enjoy video games a lot when I don't really want to think about money and there's something I have that I can pour a lot of time into and really obsess about and that just helps the day go by faster. I think a lot about how I invest say $39.99 for a JRPG now these days I just feel like I get the most out of it and really get a bang out of my buck when I digest all the living text and try to do everything in it and perfect it. C:

I'd say FFXV is more open world-ish than DQ11. DQ11 plays a lot like DQVIII in that there's a main narrative but you can go out of your way to explore and stuff.

Ah,--I'm kinda of a newb when it comes to games PS4/Switch and-beyond. I do want to spend a lot of time with these consoles (I am already thinking about PS5!! :D) but I want to be strategic about which games I buy. I don't really buy, buy, buy collect, collect, collect and have them sit there. I usually buy a JRPG and play it then buy another one. It's REALLY hard to do as I wanna just sometimes blow my money on games. XD

Ah, yes. I'm usually more into the software too myself. I just can't help but feel Nintendo is and has always been more family-friendly? Sony PlayStation has always felt more "hardcore" gamer to me esp during PS1 with all the text-heavy RPGs. :shrug: I kinda maybe wanna move or swing towards Nintendo a bit more and come back to it as I've devoted so much time into PlayStation RPGs already. I mean I know what home is.

Lol. Tales of series is like bottom bitch for me in terms of the JRPGs I plan to play. I just didn't enjoy the first two Tales of Destiny's. :shrug:

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2023, 09:07:16 pm »
Hey, Boo. Just an update:

-DQ11 is really VERY JRPG. I'm kinda burnt out by it after just having beaten FFXV. I mean all the classical tropes is there. There's one main story but there's so much to do. It's def for the completionists out there, that's for sure. I'm gon keep trudging along even it it means playing in short bursts. :shrug:
-I'm foaming at the mouth at the thought of getting my very first platinum with FFXV. I just finished getting an annoying fishing trophy and I'm working on getting the like last 4. I pop it in whenever I have time to do a little more content. I feel like my first platinum being this would be memorable? :shrug:
-I've been fuckin' around with my Switch and I popped in Octopath Traveler for 8 mins. but I opted for Link's Awakening after thinking about it. I did- have been saying I want to catch up to the Zelda games? I was thinking of getting Skyward Sword HD before even thinking about attempting to tackle Breath of the Wild.

I have been doing a little research on a few games. I kinda wanna get a lifesim RPG/farmsim and a few I have crossed paths with: there's Atelier... I loved the PS3 iterations so might's well cont for it on PS4 but it is lacking the farming aspect that I am looking for though all the items I love and will suffice, there's Animal Crossing: NH/Stardew Valley... I think they kinda have a rivalry tbh i kinda lean towards Stardew more but I'm not gon leave anyone out of the fight I kinda wanna do sommore research on these two before picking one or if I do, there's Rune Factory it seems more my style nowadays but I've have never played it before? I was wondering if you had a good suggestion for a type of game that's not so too serious and I can kinda fire up, put a little work into when I can and sorta build on that? Thanks!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2023, 02:35:50 pm »
As I'm playing DQ11 I'm going back to FFXV and doing little things like fishing and finishing up a few sidequests because the last 5 remaining trophies is like eating at me. I wanna finally get a platinum trophy and might's well do it for FFXV so it'll be memorable?

I've finally been able to play a little of FFXV, but not tons. I'm in Chapter 2. Life has just been so busy! I'm thinking about also going and watching some of the other FFXV movies/media when I can; there's the CG film Kingsglaive that shows the fall of Insomnia and the limited anime series Brotherhood, which I think shows more about how Noctis became friends with all his buddies.

I also picked up Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, which is sort of a demake of the game as a more traditional jRPG that streamlines the plot and gameplay. Reviews for it are surprisingly good, with some even feeling it's better than the parent game. I haven't had a chance to start it, yet. It's on the Nintendo Switch and a few other platforms.

Tales of series is like bottom bitch for me in terms of the JRPGs I plan to play. I just didn't enjoy the first two Tales of Destiny's.

The series is pretty hit or miss for me, although there are a few in the series that are really, really good. Symphonia, Vesperia, and Xillia are all really good. Long stories and the battle engine is sort of like the Star Ocean series with the live combat. I haven't played any of the other games in the serires, but supposedly the latest Arise game has been amazing. Really, really good reviews. I like the graphics, as well.

Moving onto DQ11...

-DQ11 is really VERY JRPG. I'm kinda burnt out by it after just having beaten FFXV. I mean all the classical tropes is there. There's one main story but there's so much to do. It's def for the completionists out there, that's for sure.

I've heard this! I think Arise is similar, to be honest.

-I've been fuckin' around with my Switch and I popped in Octopath Traveler for 8 mins.

I actually haven't played either of the Octopath games. I love the graphics style, but those kind of ensemble stories that don't have a coherent save-the-world premise sort of bore me. I got really bored with the Saga games for that very reason, so I haven't really taken the plunge.

I opted for Link's Awakening after thinking about it. I did- have been saying I want to catch up to the Zelda games? I was thinking of getting Skyward Sword HD before even thinking about attempting to tackle Breath of the Wild.

Link's Awakening is AMAZING. It's one of my favorite Zelda games. Skyward Sword is good. If you can pick up Twilight Princess, that's probably my favorite next to Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time. Breath of the Wild is a lot of fun if you like open world games, so expect to put in at least a hundred hours if you do end up playing it.

...I kinda wanna get a lifesim RPG/farmsim and a few I have crossed paths with: there's Atelier ... Animal Crossing: NH/Stardew Valley ... Rune Factory seems more my style nowadays but I've have never played it before?

I can't really recommend anything on the sim / farming front, as I don't really play those games. There's a part of me that wants to play the Atelier series, but in reality, I need  a really strong story and sense of urgency to move me along. I tried playing Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon games in the past, but I get bored really quickly.

I hear the Rune Factory series has leaned pretty hard into the exploration and battle elements with the more recent iterations. That sounds more fun ALONGSIDE the sim elements without overshadowing it, and Rune Factory 5 has definitely piqued my interest. Let me know where you land.

Anyway, hope you're well buddy. On the home front, I'm just trying to get my kids to summer break. Work has been exhausting but solid. We did end up firing that guy and he's sued the company (of course), but I think our documentation was rock solid and we were justified per HR.

I'm also being eyed for a promotion soon, which will be nice -- whatever it would be, it would likely pay more and be less stressful. It would be a different type of stress, but less headache overall, so I'm definitely interested. It will be a few months before there's even any movement, though, so it's heads down until then.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2023, 12:56:23 pm »
Hallo.

-FFXV: I'm 2 trophies away from getting the platinum, not including the plat. itself, I just have to walk around a lot w/ Gladio and I have to defeat the adamantoise. Rn, I'm doing lit'l things to prep for the adamantoise fight, like trying to get the Zwill Crossblades (best attack/weapon in game) and Dark Matter Bracelet. ("Dark matter" shout-out to Chrono Trigger!) I also have to hunt down a few ingredients for some of Ignis' better dishes so I can be well-prepped for the battle. I'm just playing in short bursts.
-DQ11: I'm, like, 72hrs. in and I'm just trying to hurry along the story at this point and beat the game & move on to other games. If I like it enough, which I already think I do, I might decide to re-play it maybe even getting the S - Definitive Edition.
-Tales of: I did not like ToD1+2, so that has soured me for the rest of the series. I might pick up Tales of Symphonia for PS4 and pick up from dere doe.
-Star Ocean: Rn, I'm planning on dling Star Ocean: First Departure R for PS4. I think there's a PS4 dl-only version and Switch. It looks like it plays 'zactly like SO2 and that was my favorite game for PS1 so. I'm kinda making it a priority.
-SaGa: Yeah. Did not care for this series. There's a pile of trash RPGs for PS1 I tried to beat in my backlog but decided it's not worth the torture. Let it rot.
-Zelda: Yeah Link's Awakening is pretty fun. :smile: I'm aiming to get Skyward Sword HD + Breath of the Wild physical but I'm gon have to dig into the Nintendo Online store and see what other oldschoolass Zelda games they have up to offer. Maybe ALttP or Majora's Mask, is where I left off?

+Glad you're doing well in family + career. As for me I'm just doing my "48 hour day" thing and staying up gaming. The farm is alright, I mostly just stay at the house. I got a haircut today and feel fresh. Usually in my downtime, I'm blowing money on Shopee just picking up essential items for home, and some gardening shit. Dogs is doing ok. Nothing all too... exciting. Lol

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2023, 11:51:09 pm »
Nice, dude! I just got in from a work trip. I was in FL for quite some time for a project, and it's good to be home (although I'm utterly pooped). Nothing exciting here, either.

I did pick up LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom but decided to hold off. I had started a little indie gem called Even the Ocean and decided to finish it, as it's only a 8 to 10 hour game. I've been able to get through three of the story locations and I'm really engaged, although it's certainly an odd one. Reviews for Tears of the Kingdom have been absolutely glowing, so I may play that next.

Unfortunately, I don't think I've played any FFXV since we last chatted. I still want to play the FFXV Pocket Edition, but it may be a while. A part of my wants to wait until finishing FFXV so I can compare the two experiences.

On the home front, my daughter made the volleyball team, so that's exciting. She finished one of her volleyball leagues and is now onto the next. She's even going to the gym with her team to try and build upper and core strength. I go to the gym at my office about twice a week (I don't want to get buff or anything, just keep healthy) so it's sort of funny to suddenly be talking about weights with my 11-year old.

Anyway, keep living the life, my dude. I'm looking forward to our next gaming adventure together (probably in the fall or winter)!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2023, 05:45:58 pm »
Nice, dude.

A lot of gaming news has happened to me the last few days. So I basically "beat" Dragon Quest 11 I mean the credits rolled and everything but there seems to be some post-game carp I'm trying to get though. Rn I feel kinda tired of the game tbh like it just won't die or end but it looks like I'm pretty close to finishing it so might's as well. It seems like a 100-hr. JRPG for sure. I'm not surprised in the least cause I put 195 hours into Dragon Warrior VII it was really strange reaching 80hrs in that game and knowing you only finished half of the story. lol Yeah. Dragon Quest VIII was a really fun experience though I really hope they remaster it and put it out on PS4 Pro or somethin'. :thumbsup:

I've been sorta gravitating back towards FF games, just in the last few hours I've been noticing. I had a grand time with FFXV and now I just got-in Final Fantasy VII Remake and I just love my thoughts I'm having when I'm playing it. I dunno if it's nostalgia or rememberance. But it's comfort. I'm kinda sorta into shopping for video game trinkets and stuff like little toys aside from just game boxes and jewel discs. I dunno, why? lol

Star Ocean: First Departure R is pretty basic, and simple and my thoughts is so stoic playing through the beginning. lol I kinda like that about me. I sorta lean to "basic, simple, beginner" RPGs like Mystic Quest and the like. There's something ... about it.

Keep up the super dad stuff!

As for me, I'm still staying up an extra 2-3 days now just gaming, getting work done and enjoying my life. I just hate sleep. After 72 hours of no sleep - actually falling asleep and waking up doesn't really do anything for me anymore like it doesn't make me feel rested or even good anymore. I think a lot has to do with the heat here in the Philippines it affects me and everythig I do so-much. I know you're a runner have you ever tried Liquid I.V. before? It's like a rehydration+electrolyte drink mix. Tbh, I was so desperate to feel that 'hydrated' feeling I ordered some and tried it I think it works pretty well. I have also cut out energy drinks, and instead have been guzzling back down Gatorade like oldschool style. Water doesn't do anything for me - "in this heat" - I think researchers are right when they say you need more than just simple water to rehydrate properly you need the electrolytes, the salt & minerals that your body sweats out to go back in. The heat/hydration factor has been killer for me the 5 years I've been here but I think I'm starting to figure out the lack.

I've sorta been gaming/and watching/researching/analyzing Survivor with such a fury recently, and just sorta taking a nap or lying down during the daytime when the heat is the worst and waiting for it to pass, sorta moving around more at nighttime.

Anyway hope you're enjoying!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2023, 09:47:51 am »
Hi, Boo! Are you still there?

So rn I'm doing the Hard mode for FF7R and trying to collect all the trophies. It's really fun. Most of the time I'm spending time e-windowshopping for RPGs to add to my wishlist, and trying to get my hands on some hard2find RPGs here. The market seems diff from the US so I'm still studying it a little bit but I'm having good luck so far with getting stuff I want. :thumbsup:

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2023, 04:06:54 pm »
Hey man,

I had a reply drafted but apparently never pressed send. I'm alive and kicking, just underwater. School is out and the kids are home for summer break, so it's a madhouse in these parts. I also started that new job role at work, but they haven't backfilled my old job, so I'm pulling double duty. I'm in the office every day for the past three weeks or so, and will be until the second week of July. It's exhausting, and not leaving much time for games, haha...

I'll catch up with you shortly. Hope you're doing good, man. I'm glad you're loving FF7R and and hopefully you saw the trailer this weekend for the sequel! It looks AMAZING!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2023, 02:58:17 am »
Hey, Boo.

I got a couple of games:

- Harvest Moon: Child of Hope Complete Special Edition
- Star Ocean: First Departure R (PSN)
- Dragon Quest Builders 1
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSN)
- Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
- Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
- .hack//G.U. Last Recode

I also ordered a few more coming in:
-Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
-Secret of Mana (PS4)
-Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
-Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Been really excited about my PS4 Pro, and I'm collecting for it rn. I think I'm gon concentrate on the Atelier series since I like it so much. Lemme know what you think!! :p

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2023, 02:16:31 pm »
Man, I'm jealous of all the Atelier you're about to play! It also looks like you have a solid backlog for the near future.

- .hack//G.U. Last Recode

I played the very first .hack game back on the PS2 and enjoyed it, but never got around to beating it. I remember getting frustrated at some point (probably a difficulty spike) and never got around to finishing it. They did the Last Recode remaster a few years back and boy do I wish they'd do the entire series as a single game remaster.

Same with the Xenosaga trilogy. I never did finish the trilogy and I'd really like to; I loved the first game, enjoyed what I played of the second, and never got to touch the third one.

-Secret of Mana (PS4)

A nice retro remaster. The Switch remake of Trials of Mana is excellent, as well. Secret of Mana is one of my favorite games of all time - right up there with Chrono Trigger and Elder Scrolls: Morrowind.

- Star Ocean: First Departure R (PSN)

A nice one! I played both the original SNES (via an English translation ROM hack) and the PSP First Departure, and I picked up the First Departure R, as well.

The Second Story (aka Second Evolution on the PSP) is the best of the series, IMO. I also hear that it's getting an update similar to First Departure R, so I'm waiting with bated breath. It literally just leaked in the past few days and hasn't officially been announced, but it's much needed.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

As for me, I've had very little gaming time but I have been delving a little into both Final Fantasy XV and finally into Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. I'm on Chapter 3 of Final Fantasy XV and have been going around collecting the Royal Arms and fishing (ha), so it's slow progress. LoZ has been amazing, though. I could gush but I won't, haha...

Seeing that you just finished Final Fantasy VII Remake, did you see the trailer for part 2? It looks friggin' fabulous. Did you get to play the Intergrade version? I have so many questions with the last ending with Zack.