Author Topic: Let's Play 2023 - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete  (Read 19071 times)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2023, 10:32:02 am »
Hm, you were right, Boo--you automatically go straight into Zophar's Domain after the fight with Ghaleon so there's no time to do whatever you wanna do. Oh, well. I'll probably tackle the fortress tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't think generators are cheap here either which's probably why we're still using this one after so long!

I could probably never handle the kind of work you do. It just reminds me of the types of people they cast on Survivor I've seen so many: corporate consultants, corporate recruiters, administrative assistants, advertising executives, real estate agents, V.P.'s etc. I think they definitely want to test the corporate kinda of life vs. simple, at-home Midwestern values and see which ends up winning in the jungles. I think they wanna see if savvy ends up winning or fails outside of the urban jungle. I mean,--I've only had minimum wage jobs at Chipotle Mexican Grill & WingStop, but, I absolutely adored that job, and I feel they taught me so much about life that I'll take with me to the end of my life. I was really, really, really happy when I was working there. I looked forward to coming in everyday and giving my all even past 8 hours if they needed. I learned so much about the hazards of I guess dirtiness in the restaurant and kitchen when it comes to being around food. And I learned so much about "American-style" customer service. It really taught me how to run my own home now.

I could talk about work all the time even though I don't work there anymore. I thought hey working in a kitchen sounds fun, and then all the "mysteries" about it being a company further brainwashed me and sucked me into that job even more. I mean, I keep up with the stock market here and last I checked Chipotle Mexican Grill was doing pretty good. I'm proud to have worked for them and it's part of my resume. I don't think anyone could've ever believed someone else could come close to McDonald's or Burger King in the fast food / fast-casual race. I still remember how to make all the items on the menu cause I've read the "recipe book" so I'm looking forward to trying it out here at home. I'm really glad I got that job right out of High School instead of college + then find a job cause it taught me all the basics. Plus I luckily avoided that trap of being "overqualified."

My psych tells me I'm an introvert cause "[ I ] like to think." But, I think I'm an extrovert around people, in my head and online lol. I don't think I'm the life of the party, or the ice breaker but I get my tentacles out there to everyone.

Again,--I'm trying to come to my own conclusions and decide for myself instead of blindly believing everyone and what they say about me.

Well, I was thinking to myself today and to be honest love, finding a relationship, marriage, kids and family is probably the farthest thought from my mind right now. If we're being honest here. I remember I was 19 at work and all the young parents were so boring to talk to cause they kept talking about their kids. I could never relate to that. So I kept talking about Survivor cause it's so wholesome. --Like in this one-dimensional zombie fashion it was all they could ever talk about in social interactions. I was kinda of a stoner so I thought bringing up kids was kind of a moodkiller / downer / buzzkill, but I'm probably the worst when I bring up my parentals. I'm thinking to myself you know I try really hard to avoid that and having to be burdened by it at such a young age. I want to have fun in my 20s and enjoy being young and having safe one-night stands so when I'm 35 I can look back at it and think what a stud I was in my prime. I didn't want to have kids and not be able to pay for it. It was a conscious decision I made. Right now, I'm still glad I have a young person's mindset, and I feel like I'm STILL in my prime, I'm young, I'm working on maintaining my good -lookingness so maybe when I take a trip into Manila I can find a hook-up or something? I'm just starting to feel maybe I'm different from everybody else.

I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. And I'm just enjoying being a single, bachelor bird as much as time allows it. Too many JRPGs to play, man.

Well ever since 4K T.V. every male actor seems to point out how you can see their pores on T.V. now, so I've been using a comedone everyday to unclog my blackheads and whiteheads and get all that nasty sebum out. It works wonders. It literally changed my face overnight. I've been playing Yakuza series and apparently Asian guys have huge pores you can see into. Whenever I see kids, I just think how dirty they are cause I was dirty when I was a kid--now it's fun to clean myself up after all the self-negligence and thinking who has time to do this? With school and work.

I watch Survivor though and notice average people seem to be obsessed with their own good-lookingness. I think we Americans are in love with the spotlight with all the T.V. and movies we watched back in the day and we all kinda have that dream of maybe moving to California and becoming an actor or a model. I notice every single person has white teeth. I could never get my teeth to be THAT white even in High School. My natural teeth have a tinge of yellow. I'm kinda obsessed about the whiteness of my teeth now I use two different kinda of toothpaste + toothpaste foam. My pimples are on my cheeks it's so obvious it comes from the pillowcase especially the right side which I sleep on. I kinda wanna be extreme and change the pillowcase everyday instead of once a week now. I need to order some pillowcases. My Dad's a barber so I don't use product in my hair, right now I opt for the buzz cut and I'm getting a haircut tomorrow.

Lol at pumice stones I used to see these rocks in my grandma's bathtub and wondered what they were for? Right now I'm just using a foot scraper twice a day and I apply regular lotion + then some foot lotion. Then I wear socks over them. Ooh, at compression sleeves. I kinda wanna try using that medical tape sometimes lol.

Anyway Boo,--AGAIN it was a fun chat with you. You help take the load off my mind every day. I think you're such a cool guy and you've got it all together. It's just fun being able to share my mundane stories with you and hopefully you get a kick over how utterly boring my lifes is here lol.

Hey, any thoughts on Chrono Trigger? I mean this's a Chrono site so I thought you'd be down to analyze, research and dissect CT some more? I'd probably love to do what we did for LUNAR 2 for Chrono Trigger? I mean, any 90s JRPG will do. Even if you wanna play a more modern game that's fine with me. But I think having this side-project would be wonderful if we kept it 90s JRPG / or even 2000s. Lemme know what you think?!! Love ya, man!!!!! :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 10:53:31 am by VidKid369 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2023, 11:55:08 pm »
Hm, you were right, Boo--you automatically go straight into Zophar's Domain after the fight with Ghaleon so there's no time to do whatever you wanna do. Oh, well. I'll probably tackle the fortress tomorrow.

I wasn't sure, but I was afraid of that! I'm glad I waited. Yesterday I went to the White Dragon Cavern and spent some time grinding, got to level 54, but didn't explore any towns or check on NPC dialogue (I'm not sure you can even leave Vane). Unfortunately, I didn't get home tonight until after 9:00pm and I woke up at 4:00am, so I have had a VERY long day and won't have a chance to play at all. Tomorrow is another 4:00am day, so I'm going to hit the hay here in a few.

I could probably never handle the kind of work you do. It just reminds me of the types of people they cast on Survivor I've seen so many: corporate consultants, corporate recruiters, administrative assistants, advertising executives, real estate agents, V.P.'s etc. I think they definitely want to test the corporate kinda of life vs. simple, at-home Midwestern values and see which ends up winning in the jungles.

It's definitely the reason why! Haha! I feel like I'm sort of rare in that even though I'm sort of stuck in a corporate grind, I am super critical of it and not bought into it at all. I think it soulless work, and I often feel like I'm only there to enrich the 0.1% at the top of the corporate structure. But I need to pay my bills, I'm not a risk taker, and I don't really have many hard skills. Most of my skills are what they call soft skills -- I'm not technical, I can't code or anything, I'm just good at planning, managing money, leading projects, and getting people to work together for a common goal. I work in IT and I am always the dumbest person in the room, haha... But a lot of the time the really smart, techie people lack the social skills to really work in a team, so I sort of get to help steer that aspect of my teams. I certainly don't love what I do, but I'm good at it and pays the bills.

One day, if and when I eventually retire, I hope to live and operate a farm. I wouldn't mind a life something like yours! I long to live in a place sort of like the Shire from Lord of the Rings. My whole rural fantasy actually started from that place and that book series. I want a small little cozy cottage on a hill, with a nice flower garden, a small vegetable patch in the back, and a rocking chair on the porch overlooking pretty views.

I could talk about work all the time even though I don't work there anymore. I thought hey working in a kitchen sounds fun, and then all the "mysteries" about it being a company further brainwashed me and sucked me into that job even more. I mean, I keep up with the stock market here and last I checked Chipotle Mexican Grill was doing pretty good. I'm proud to have worked for them and it's part of my resume.

Dude, we friggin' love Chipotle. It's one of the healthier "fast food" options. It also seems like a pretty company. Once upon a time I thought about opening a fast food franchise and that was one I looked into. It needed quite a bit of seed money, but it seemed to have a really good corporate culture and the managers seemed to really care both about the quality of the food and the treatment of their employees. I believe companies should treat their employees like gold, and should pay them great wages. If a company can't, then they don't deserve to exist -- capitalism 101. If you can't survive without slave labor, shut the eff down.

I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. And I'm just enjoying being a single, bachelor bird as much as time allows it. Too many JRPGs to play, man.

Dude that acceptance and self-appreciation is so refreshing. People are always wanting whatever is just around the corner and are never content. I admit I can be like that sometimes. I admire this about you!

Anyway Boo,--AGAIN it was a fun chat with you. You help take the load off my mind every day. I think you're such a cool guy and you've got it all together. It's just fun being able to share my mundane stories with you and hopefully you get a kick over how utterly boring my lifes is here lol.

I feel the same about you, homie. It's always nice having our digital friendship, which to me is just as real as any other friendship. I like being able to log in at night, play a little video games, and just chat with my homie about life and the game.

As for having it all together... not really. I'm just going through the motions of life and trying to have a good outlook and leave the world a little better than I found it. That's a lesson I'm trying to teach my kids. It doesn't cost anything to just be chill and polite and nice to people.

Hey, any thoughts on Chrono Trigger? I mean this's a Chrono site so I thought you'd be down to analyze, research and dissect CT some more? I'd probably love to do what we did for LUNAR 2 for Chrono Trigger? I mean, any 90s JRPG will do. Even if you wanna play a more modern game that's fine with me. But I think having this side-project would be wonderful if we kept it 90s JRPG / or even 2000s. Lemme know what you think?!!

My list is huge, haha... I was listening to the Chrono Trigger soundtrack the other day and I was thinking about how badly I want to play it. That may need to be our next game. I have only played through it twice since the DS version was released (but before that I played it probably a dozen times or more). It's probably my absolute favorite video game of all time.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:48:50 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2023, 01:14:25 pm »
Hey. Boo~meister!

I actually had a busy day and I'm pretty, quite tired right now as I'm making this post. I didn't have time to game LUNAR 2 today but I plan to tomorrow. I'll probably just buy Ramus' stock of Star Lights and head into Zophar's Domain. I'll probably take my time and fight every battle cause there's probably a lotta goodies in there I don't want to miss if I get tired I'll just save. Gotta love save anywhere!

I had to do a bit of paperwork regarding the farm in another city so I had to drive there and I noticed driving zaps the energy out of me here I dunno if it's cause it's just hot in the car or I feel so cramped in my Civic!

Anyway. I'll probably make this a short post. I just watched a couplea episodes of Survivor, downed some energy drinks and that's the most energy I can muster for tonight! I'm about to hit the sack!

Lol, in my last post the only thing I wanted to get across about how I feel about corporate life is it reminds me of the guys that worship the golden Mani Mani Statue in Earthbound. Just like money, money, money lol. It's neither positive or negative just all about the almighty buck!

Oh, I was thinking about ordering a book to read and I read The Hobbit in high school and was thinking about getting it. I kinda wanna try annotating and scribbling notes inside the margins. :shrug:

Yeah, Chipotle had really good food. I ate it everyday and gained 10 pounds in a year. I got so fat. I'm gonna try to re-create the recipes at home so if, I get that project done I'll share with you!

I'm just finally doing me and not giving a fuck about what other people think! I'm a grown-ass man. lol

Ooohhh no Boo, I really do admire what you do you seem like you've got everything "handled" I was just curious about how you said some of the techies lacked the social skills... I mean, are they like totally awkward to be around, or something lol? Sometimes I feel intimidated talking by corporate people cause they'll say something that completely goes over my head and make me look dumb in a situation, but I'm just the total Asian guys guy. Don't talk to me about sports, I don't watch... All I care about is video games, video games, video games it's my life. Sometimes I feel like moving to Japan cause they'll accept my lifestyle there. Never really found acceptance from Americans about my hobbies or values. It's great living in Asia where they revere the elderly... sometimes I feel America's all about kids like with Disney. It's kinda creepy. I like serious stuff. Matters.

Yeah, Chrono Trigger gets my vote for sure! If you change your mind let me know

Uggghhh, sorry my post was all over the place tonight Boo, tomorrow I think I'll have more time to re-hydrate throughout the day and not be so cranky and drained of energy. Didn't have time to fully rehydrate today. Sucks. lol Take care, my man!!!!! :D

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2023, 12:39:31 am »
... I didn't have time to game LUNAR 2 today but I plan to tomorrow. I'll probably just buy Ramus' stock of Star Lights and head into Zophar's Domain. I'll probably take my time and fight every battle cause there's probably a lotta goodies in there I don't want to miss if I get tired I'll just save. Gotta love save anywhere!

It's all good! Today I talked to some NPCs around the towns. I didn't talk to everyone, but yeah, there were some obvious dialogue changes. I got bored so I went back to the Goddess Tower and saved in front of Ghaleon. I think tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and enter the last dungeon and try to get all the way through it.

I had to do a bit of paperwork regarding the farm in another city so I had to drive there and I noticed driving zaps the energy out of me here I dunno if it's cause it's just hot in the car or I feel so cramped in my Civic!

Gotta love a Honda civic! Do you have to go far to get to the city to do those kind of things?

... downed some energy drinks and that's the most energy I can muster for tonight! I'm about to hit the sack!

Energy drinks before bedtime?! You mad man! :D

Just kidding. I drink about three or four Monsters a drink just to keep me moving with all the kids and work hustle. I wish I didn't need them at all, but alas... Caffeine is absolutely a drug and I am in it's vice.

Ooohhh no Boo, I really do admire what you do you seem like you've got everything "handled" I was just curious about how you said some of the techies lacked the social skills... I mean, are they like totally awkward to be around, or something lol?

Sometimes, although normally it's moreso they just don't know how to talk to non-techie people about the work they do. For example, talking about API calls and flat-file formats and
difference between an EDI850 and EDI855 can't be daunting for people who aren't intimately in that world, so sometimes I have to just be able to step back and sort of translate that into normal business transaction. For example, API calls is just one computer application reaching out to another application so that they can pass information back and forth. Essentially two applications talking to each other. Stuff like that.

Although yes, there are definitely some developers and techies who are socially awkward and really miss social cues and niceties that many people take for granted.

Sometimes I feel intimidated talking by corporate people cause they'll say something that completely goes over my head and make me look dumb in a situation, but I'm just the total Asian guys guy. Don't talk to me about sports, I don't watch... All I care about is video games, video games, video games it's my life.

Naw, it's not intimidating. We're all just people. And anyone that is going to judge another person is a pain in the butt and quite frankly, if that's the kind of person they are, fuck 'em and they're not worth talking to, anyway.

I mean, I'm a corporate guy and we don't have any problems! :D

I actually bonded with two guys at work today over anime. One is Asian (I think he was Chinese) and another is a black guy. I know of them both but don't really work on any of the same projects, so we don't ever interact. Anyway, I heard them talking about anime in our floor's kitchenette area, and I sort of butted into the conversation. Turns out we all had a lot in common and spent like 45 minutes just gushing over all kinds of anime and video games. We laughed talking about the old Adult Swim and Toonami blocks back in the early 2000s. We even laughed at how bad Inuyasha is, but yet we all love it for some reason.

There's lots of cool people out there and I think we all have much more in common than we have different, sometimes we just have to find those openings.

Didn't have time to fully rehydrate today.

If you've not seen r/HydroHomies on reddit, I high recommend it. I think it's your kind of people when it comes to water and hydration!!! Hahaha! My daughter just watched a short documentary on bottled water and how bad it is for you, so she has been talking to me for the past 10 minutes about trying to convince her classmates to use reusable water bottles and stuff.

My daughter is very environmentally conscious and I like that. She is sort of challenging me about my own health and recycling and stuff like that. I'm fairly conscious about my health and my environmental impact, but she likes to research and push me to take it to another level. Her idol is Jane Goodall (the lady who was the first to really spend time studying primates like chimpanzees and learn their behaviors). She has a pet snake, two cats, a dog, and is now wanting a pet cockatiel. I don't want any more pets, but my daughter and her little brother have a way of convincing me, haha...

Anyway, today was another long day in which I didn't get home until almost 9:00pm, so I'm headed to bed. Tomorrow is my last in-office day, so I'm excited that I can sleep in an extra two hours on Friday on account of being WAH on Friday. That means a little more gaming time tomorrow night.

ZOPHAR IS GOING DOWN!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:48:33 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2023, 12:48:01 pm »
Hmm, I'm kinda confused where you are in the game, Boo, cause I don't recall Ghaleon being in the Goddess Tower. I thought you fight your way up, beat Fake Althena, fight a little bit more then it's the long string of cutscenes that ends disc 2-and you wind up on the Magic Guild Roof on disc 3? Then THAT'S when you fight Ghaleon. After you enter the Goddess Tower there's no way to backtrack once you reach the top and meet Nall, I'm confused if you just DIDN'T enter the Goddess Tower at all/and went back to previous towns and grinded.

Anyway, I bought Star Lights from Ramus and I'm in Zophar's Domain. I fought around a little bit I promise you I'm gonna take it slow so I don't miss any treasure. From what I recall, the boss fight with Zophar is really tough and he'll eliminate you if you don't know the right strategy but I know exactly what to do so I'm confident and just waltzed into the domain. I'm more worried about running out of MP/Star Lights but I have like 7 Silver Lights I'll probably use for the Zophar battle.

Lol, I'm your typical Asian dude so I like a nice ricerocket! Na, the city was like maybe 10-15 mins driving lololol our area is comprised of a lot of very small cities but they're more like towns to me. Reminds me of JRPGs.

Coffee doesn't really do much for me anymore, and taurine drinks is really the only thing that keeps my body from slumping after doing my daily walk. I'm like a super weak person compared to you as you run normally. I'm still targeting the fat on my body so I'm a proud cardio bunny! Don't really want to get muscled up as my body is already big in its natural state. Cardio/walking is just super fun for me as I can think to myself and get my exercise in at the same time. It's really relaxing.

Lol yeah, awkward people bug me but sometimes I think maybe I'm the awkward one!? Everyone here is pretty chill though and I think they get that I'm a private guy and I'm always busy and to myself with all my different hobbies!

Idk, I've met a lot of creepy-weird people in my life so I always have a guard up when talking to new people. I'm also naive/innocent so sometimes I don't know what the heck to do. All I know is if someone weirds me out I just get far away from them!

My anime knowledge is limited, if I'm being honest. The anime artwork and cutscenes in certain JRPGs is more than enough for me! I did get really into Sailor Moon, Dragonball, Ronin Warriors, Pokémon, Tenchi Muyo!, Magic Knight RayEarth and a bit of Slayers in the 90s but I haven't watched too much anime like I play JRPGs. I briefly watched Cowboy Bebop, Naruto and the Boondocks on Adult Swim but I wasn't THAT into it. I cut out a lot of stuff out of my life so I can focus on video games mainly music, regular T.V. programming, movies etc. All in all I think cutting out most of that stuff was good for me. It's kept me understimulated-and excited rather than overstimulated-and bored&tired. lol

Oh, I don't really visit Reddit I heard that's where the nerdiest of internet people go. My friend mentioned Reddit to me IRL once and I cringed. My love and need for bottled water is probably never gonna change when the temperature can reach nearly 100°F on a daily basis iced water is the only thing that helps cool my body and head down to where I can function normally. I don't like drinking from water containers cause I can smell my own spit on the rim and that grosses me out. I'm glad I can just drink the bottle and throw it out. Never fear though, we do recycle the bottles there's a plant here and sometimes us on the farm is kinda ghetto and we use the plastic bottles and make pots for plants out of them or something. Plus if it's not in the plastic water bottle it's never gonna freeze when I put it in the freezer like I NEED it to. The colder the better. Thank God I use Sensodyne.

Aiight, I'm gonna try to get more LUNAR 2 in tomorrow but I'm actually gonna go to bed early tonight cause I had such a fun day I just wanna lie down in bed and think of shit for 2 hours before passing out. HAHAHA. Thanks, Boo! Dogs are doing great/so is the farm etc. :D

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2023, 12:40:06 am »
Hmm, I'm kinda confused where you are in the game, Boo, cause I don't recall Ghaleon being in the Goddess Tower.

Yeah, I didn't do a good job explaining, sorry about that. I also meant to say Vane, not the Goddess Tower. But regardless, I had reverted to a previous save state and re-did the events going to Disc 3. I realized that once you finish the Goddess Tower you're stuck in Vane and have no choice but to go to Zophar's Domain, so I wanted to go back to when it was still open world so I could talk to NPC's and level up more. So that's what I was doing until last night when I got back to where I could enter Zophar's Domain.

Vane

A few thoughts from the other day:
-I was glad to finally (permanently) get Leo, although I did miss Lucia in battle. I couldn't remember if Leo was controllable or not, so I'm glad he was.
-Random, but there was nothing to steal from Ghaleon using Lemina's Thieve's Stave. Booooo! At least we got the Ghaleon's Sword (which auto-equips onto Hiro, I guess).
-RIP Ghaleon (again).
-I am still down on the Four Heroes all hanging out in Vane like they are completely redeemed. I mean, I'm glad they are sort of good now and reformed, but it still doesn't forgive them for what they did.

Zophar's Domain

The dungeon is a slog and I've leveled at much as I care to level. I'm ready to end this and just fought straight through to the boss. Not much regarding good dungeon loot, and the Fiend Ring is practically useless due to the HP limitation.

Anyway, now I'm at the end of the dungeon and will wait for you before tackling the last boss. The dialogue started where Hiro finds Lucia, but I used a save state to stop there.

Oh, I don't really visit Reddit I heard that's where the nerdiest of internet people go. My friend mentioned Reddit to me IRL once and I cringed.

Maybe once upon a time, but it's pretty mainstream now. *shrug*

Dogs are doing great/so is the farm etc.

Glad everyone is good!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 01:15:09 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2023, 01:45:01 pm »
How-do, Boo-man?!! I'm in a super good mood tonight I dunno why.

As for the game I'm somewhere near the end of the dungeon I think. I made it up to the terraces. The enemies aren't annoying so I'm just gonna walk around aimlessly and clear each map until I make it to the end. I should be able to make it to Zophar and fight him tomorrow morning. If you want to, you can go ahead and kill him. Do you remember the strategy? Zophar has an all-attack move that just destroys the party so I equip Jean with White Dragon Protect (cause she moves first) and just spam it ea. round, then just use a Silver Light whenever.

As for me, I'm super into self-care. I had realized, maybe it was the depression, that I let myself go. Maybe it's just age too? But I started in small steps and used my trusted comedone to clear out all my pores. My face was looking rough, man. Then I started on a small, basic men's facial/skincare routine. I'm doing this all for myself. I had even just ordered sommore body lotion and I tried to get the sun protection kind. Kill two birds with one stone, maybe. I don't really worry too much about hair, really, lol. Never had a problem.

Since I've been doing my daily walks I make sure to take care of my feet. The foot scraper is kinda of cool. And it gives me a reason to wear socks cause it's so hot here. I'm starting to change my pillowcase everyday. Extreme, maybe? But I'm an extreme kinda guy. When I'm winding down I just do hand exercises in front of the T.V. cause I game a lot and from using the computer/keyboard a lot. It takes away stress.

I noticed during my depressed-state I had a hard time doing daily basic hygiene stuff like being too lazy to brush my teeth. But now I have so much fun flossing, cleaning my ears and brushing everything on my body. It's kind of fun again. I notice it helps me get a more relaxing sleep. And I don't feel so so so dirty in the morning. I'm trying to copy Survivor and maybe not shower everyday.

I'm always staying hydrated. I love H20. I always tell people I'm a waterholic. Plus I don't think water can ever hurt you?

I'm trying to maintain the household cause I notice there's so much dust everywhere with the computer going and everything. But I'm focusing on my bedroom/Man Cave. Ever since playing Atelier I started getting into items lol. I'm ordering a buncha stuff to make my space cool. I love baggies, containers and stuff cause I'm such a stoner. Like I bought a plastic tub to keep all my snacks in and I slide it under my bed for the midnight munchies. :p

Anyway yeah that's all I've been up to. How're your cute girls? Still saving the environment? Maybe you should show your kids Captain Planet & the Planeteers cause I loved that show as a kid.

Anyway. Night. Boo. Have a good one! :D

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2023, 02:16:38 am »
Zophar's Domain

Dang, Zophar's a hottie with a body, hahaha! One thing I like about this game is how weird some of the boss designs are; they are sort of Geiger-esque body horror creatures. As I've said before in regards to the False Althena, I wish we got more backstory for Zophar. Where did he come from? Has he always existed on the Blue Star? All we really know of him is that he isn't as powerful as Althena, that he came from the Blue Star (and destroyed it), and that he was only able to revive on Lunar because of the innate darkness in the hearts of mankind.

Anyway, I beat him in round one... Round two was fun, too. I liked how he used Lucia's magic spells against the party. Also, when she was talking to each party member, she mentioned that Leo has "piercing insight." Yeah right! That's not how I would describe him at all, haha...

Zophar's scowl in the second battle was also pretty humorous for some reason. Who knew Zophar was such as pouter. It was also cool to Lucia transform into another outfit. Or at least |I think it was a new outfit; all we could see was what was in the portrait, which was a headband. This may have been her previous outfit she got earlier (I'm pretty sure it is).

Some of the battle dialogue in this game cracks me up. I gave the Red Dragon item to Ronfar, and every time he uses it he says, "Come here, pretty kitty!" to Ruby and it's just funny for some reason.

Round three with Hiro and Lucia versus Zophar in his sort of dragon skull look with wing-like appendages. I think I beat him in one round!

Now that things have wrapped... We still have a bit more to do. That's right, THE EPILOGUE! And we need to collect all the Bromides! I pulled up a walkthrough to see how to get all the Bromides, and I don't know if I ever got Bromide X before. That sounds completely new to me!

Also, in prepping for the epilogue, I see reference to all the Dragon equipment... I didn't collect any in the story. Did I somehow miss these items or are they post-game content? It looks like you may or may not have have received the Dragon Helm back in Zophar's Domain...? I see conflicting information in two different walkthroughs. And quite simply, Eternal Blue Complete isn't nearly as documented (or as popular) as Silver Star Story Complete, so the documentation is far less.

It looks like I missed that optional stuff in Zophar's Domain. No wonder I was annoyed that I kept only finding Star Lights / Silver Lights and no armor or weapon upgrades. I also saved over my last save, and I don't have any save states still in the dungeon, so I literally can't go back there. I wonder if I can get back there in the Epilogue...?

Well shit.

I'm saving here after Lucia returns to the Blue Star, so I will start the Epilogue events next time I play. I really enjoy post-game content like this.

I gotta be up in about 6 hours for my daughter's volleyball, so I'm headed to bed.

I also think I've decided what I'm going to play in my break between this and the next game: Final Fantasy XV. I've been wanting to play it and started it back in 2018 but never finished it, so I'm going to start a new game after Lunar 2. I'm also probably going to play the Metroid Prime Remaster (but I should be able to beat that in a week or two).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 02:17:46 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2023, 04:21:04 am »
Hey, Boo, I actually JUST NOW beat Zophar, too! He's always been a pretty tough final boss I was looking forward to seeing your reaction to his difficulty? Or did you use the Jean-White Dragon Protect trick I was talking about? I thought all his hands were pretty annoying and one of them particularily was giving me a hard time in that it kept muting/paralyzing Hiro and I couldn't get any Triple Sword attacks in until I defeated it with Lemina's Catastrophe. Next time I'm gonna definitely put some sorta status ailment block on Hiro, and probably give Jean the Chiro Crest also so she moves before Zophar does too. I've played this game over-and-over too and he still sometimes gives me difficulty. You seem not too impressed with the difficulty?

Yeah, Zophar's got that whole androgynous, fairy kinda Marilyn Manson look-type thing going on for sure. I meant to give you some backstory on him--basically he's an alien being that wanders space devouring planets to I assume keep himself alive. He's been called a Planet Eater or Eater of Planets. He jumps from one planet to another and basically sucks the lifeforce out of it before moving on to a new one. When he stumbled upon the Blue Star Althena was there and she destroyed him, and moved all her children to the Silver Star/Lunar since it wrecked havoc on the Blue Star. The evil in people's hearts caused Zophar's revival. etc etc.

I'm so glad I killed Zophar early today I feel I can move on with my day.

If you're interested in "getting everything" for L2: EBC why don't you try getting your hands on the Official Working Designs Strategy Guide? I have it, but didn't reference it on our playthrough cause I wanted to try going into it blind this time. It pretty much maps out how to collect everything if that's what you're going after!! *product placement*

Hey, I was going to bed last night and thinking about our last post. Since you mentioned your kids are all about trying to save the environment, I think they would definitely like Survivor. Survivor's taught me a lot about "only needing the basics" and how to be more environmentally concious. Like for example, having only one set of clothes/handwashing clothing items and not using a washer & dryer/using a clothesline if it's not illegal in your city. Not using toilet paper/and flushing it down the toilet-I know that's a hard one for Americans to let go of. You mentioned your little girl and the water thing she might be interested in boiling tap water for 30 minutes and just putting them in her own container instead of constantly buying bottled water? Your kids and you? might be into the whole not showering everyday thing. Personally I stopped using a shower head and I opt for a bucket and a smaller bucket to take showers now. It helped me realize how much water is wasted even for a 15 min shower. With a bucket I use very little water, and that awkward feeling of letting the shower run while your're scrubbing your body. I use a loofah and a washcloth. Oh, and I opt for cold showers now it's so hot here I'd faint if I took a hot shower. You can save money and save the planet as well, if you stopped using hot water, maybe use the traveler's packs for shampoo & toothpaste to save on plastic consumption... etc.

I was gonna tell you, once you decide to retire you should definitely think about moving to the Philippines/or just another country and try "roughing it" maybe bring the kids along? You guys seem very "Filipino" and don't mind letting go of our hoity-toity American standards of living, like always needing a hot shower everyday etc. I was laughing at the episode of Survivor last night cause the white people seem so miserable without their soap, shampoo, hot water, stocked refrigerator, bottled waters etc etc. lol It's just something I constantly noticed on the show.

Boo, I have FFXV for PS4 Pro right now too. I understand Hahahahaha if you don't want to post about it but I was thinking of picking it back up, either that or Yakuza Kiwami 1. But after now that we're done for LUNAR I kinda wanna start a brand-new adventure and maybe pick up Dragon Quest XI? I watched a trailer and there was a baby floating down a river in a basket and I felt like it was calling me.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2023, 01:43:35 am »
Hey, Boo, I actually JUST NOW beat Zophar, too! He's always been a pretty tough final boss I was looking forward to seeing your reaction to his difficulty?

Oh, he was hard, all right! He took down party members multiple times. I essentially went back and forth between White Dragon protect spell (which I stupidly put on Hiro) and Ronfar's healing. I then spammed mostly multi-attack spells hoping to take all the hands down. When Hiro attacked he was using Triple Sword attacks. Hiro also had the ring on that kept him immune from status effects, so I didn't have any problems there. When I beat Zophar I had only killed two of the hands.

Yeah, Zophar's got that whole androgynous, fairy kinda Marilyn Manson look-type thing going on for sure. I meant to give you some backstory on him--basically he's an alien being that wanders space devouring planets to I assume keep himself alive. He's been called a Planet Eater or Eater of Planets. He jumps from one planet to another and basically sucks the lifeforce out of it before moving on to a new one. When he stumbled upon the Blue Star Althena was there and she destroyed him, and moved all her children to the Silver Star/Lunar since it wrecked havoc on the Blue Star. The evil in people's hearts caused Zophar's revival. etc etc.

Oooooh! Interesting! Is this from the manga / novel? Or is there an Ultamania out there for the series? Or did I somehow miss that in the game? Either way, I actually like that much more than Zophar somehow being a product of the humans on the Blue Star. Even if mankind helped revive him (unintentionally), I really like this origin story.

If you're interested in "getting everything" for L2: EBC why don't you try getting your hands on the Official Working Designs Strategy Guide? I have it, but didn't reference it on our playthrough cause I wanted to try going into it blind this time. It pretty much maps out how to collect everything if that's what you're going after!! *product placement*

I actually used to collect a lot of player's guides, but I sold them all off about seven or eight years ago. Now I only have a very select few that hold a lot of sentimental value to me. Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Cross, and a few others. I just don't have room for all the stuff that I wish I owned! Haha.

I'm actually not going to play tonight -- we ran errands today and my son has gotten sick tonight, so I'm pooped and going to bed after this post. I do intend on playing the Epilogue, though. I remember there are at least two additional dungeons, so I'm all in. However, I did look up some cheat codes that I may be able to use with my emulator that will allow me to insert items onto characters via cheat codes. I think I'm going to do that for at least the Dragon Helm. If I remember correctly, all of the Dragon armor has some unique properties, as do some other sets. I'm going to try that out tomorrow. It will be years before I want to play Lunar 2 again, so I might as well knock it all out now.

Not using toilet paper/and flushing it down the toilet-I know that's a hard one for Americans to let go of.

Funny you mentioned this, I am seriously looking for a good bidet. I used them when I visited Asia a few years ago, and I'm totally sold on the concept. We used to use the butt wet wipes to ensure a proper cleaning, but those are horrible for the environment and quit using them about 3 years ago. Now we just use TP, but I'm seriously down with the bidet.

As for water, we do use a water filter for our drinking and both our hot water tank and most of our appliances are green-certified for both decreased water and electricity usage. I don't know if I could give up hot showers entirely, but I did give up baths a while back. We'll see! I've looked into getting off the electrical grid and doing fully solar; I think that would be pretty rad.

I was gonna tell you, once you decide to retire you should definitely think about moving to the Philippines/or just another country and try "roughing it" maybe bring the kids along? You guys seem very "Filipino" and don't mind letting go of our hoity-toity American standards of living, like always needing a hot shower everyday etc.

I don't think things would be that challenging. We live fairly minimally. I would fear not being able to get the food I crave more than giving up any other niceties, haha... I also worked for Rakuten in Japan in 2018, so we considered moving to Japan, but ultimately decided against it. We both have elderly parents we need to care for before we do any more permanent travel. I am seriously down to move outside of the US, though... one day.

My brother-in-law married a girl from Costa Rica and I know the USD goes so much further there than here. They've toyed with the idea of moving down there and trying to work remotely here in the US somehow.

Boo, I have FFXV for PS4 Pro right now too. I understand Hahahahaha if you don't want to post about it but I was thinking of picking it back up, either that or Yakuza Kiwami 1. But after now that we're done for LUNAR I kinda wanna start a brand-new adventure and maybe pick up Dragon Quest XI? I watched a trailer and there was a baby floating down a river in a basket and I felt like it was calling me.

I've always struggled to like the Dragon Quest games. I've only played VII and VIII, although I picked up IX at a garage sale a few years back. If I remember correctly, X was an MMORPG, but they are making a single-player console version of the game. I wish Square Enix would do that with FFXI and FFXIV (although I hear that FFXIV is really a game you can entirely solo if you wand, and is much more plot heavy than most MMORPGs). Anyway, I own DQ11 on the Nintendo Switch and it's one of the many games I want to play. I hear it is more open world and has a lot to offer, so I definitely want to play it.

As for gaming, I'm still thinking about playing FFXV. I downloaded some mods in preparation for it today on the Steam Workshop. If I understand it correctly, SE never released the level editor they had promised. They also cancelled the four final character DLC that were supposed to reveal the true ending. I don't know how much you know about the game, but there was supposed to be an additional "good" ending that was going to be the product of multiple DLC episodes. Instead, after they cancelled the game they compiled those stories into a novel. I'll probably read it after I play the game, since it's still canon to the game.

I really liked the game the first time I played it. It's mostly open-world (at least the last 2/3), and I think I put like 60 or 70 hours into it just exploring the game and completing bounties. It's sort of like the opposite of FFXIII, in which the first 2/3 of the game was mostly on rails, and then the last 1/3 opened up the world considerably.

But yeah, the mods I downloaded were all just weapons and armor.

Alright, homie, I'm pooped. It's gaming time tomorrow! Have a good one!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2023, 05:11:14 am »
Ok, the way I read your last post it seemed like you nonchalantly defeated Zophar, lol. He's one of/if not the hardest boss in the game; I'm not sure if any of the Epilogue bosses are comparable to him difficulty-wise. You can beat Zophar just by aiming for his head, but the hands are annoying cause there's so many of them so I use Lemina's Catastrophe to just hit all of him all at once. I think I only knocked out the really long hand in front of him which was the one that was giving me trouble anyway. Jean's White Dragon Protect trick really works with this boss so I always spam it everytime I face it. I ended up using so many Star Lights and Silver Lights though. lol But, oh well. I just wanted to get into the Epilogue.

On Zophar's backstory: That's just mainly how I interpreted him and where he came from after all the years of playing the game and reading up stuff on messageboards. So that's what I always tell people.

I actually wish I bought more strategy guides growing up. I need to fill up my shelf spaces. My friends say they don't go for much now these days though and people sometimes give them away just to get it off their hands. I like them cause they contain some nice artwork and stuff sometimes.

Oh, your son's sick? Chicken soup time!!! I'm such a weirdo and enjoy being sick cause it's just different from the same ole feeling all the time. Something different. Sometimes I don't wash my hands sometimes in hopes of catching a cold, but I'm not gonna like lick the toilet in order to get sick or anything. lol It's just that I feel a million times better after the cold wears off, even much better than before when I was trying to avoid catching a cold spell.

Uhhh, --to be honest bidets changed my life here in the Philippines. I used to be a clean-freak and I have to shower before going out with my friends. But it totally changed my bathroom ritual. I seriously back you up 100% in getting one. I dunno why Americans are so against it. I'm not afraid of using public toilets, but using dry-wiping TP, and going about your day with no care isn't for me. I think Americans know Filipinos use a "tabo" like a small bucket with a handle to like wash up after using the bathroom. I've never used one. But I like the bidet we have at home. I still use TP but you can essentially go without it if you want to. It's so fun to use. LOL. I can't think of not having one now and I'm not looking back.

I'm actually trying to get away from the American way of life -- so using a bucket to take a shower is like actually so much fun for me. I feel so savage, crude and primitive lol if I can say that. Na, it's actually super environmentally-conscious and I feel I'm cleaner when I shower that way? I think the people here get a kick out of me showering like they shower. Like, ooh. The rich, American guy uses a bucket. I don't know if there are benefits to taking cold showers but my barber-Dad says not to use hot water all the time when I shower. TBH, I do wonder if I'm getting all the germs off if I'm not using hot water so...

Mm, I thought I could do it here when I was thinking of moving and I'm not saying it's easy/hard but it was an adjustment for sure. Why don't you just bring your parents with you? Filipinos live with their parents their whole life and no one would bat an eye!! Maybe the heat would be good for them, in their old age.

The one thing I do miss the most is the food - but, I've been on a weight loss journey for 5 years and NOT being around all the American food I'm used to helped tremendously. Here, a typical meal is very "Japanese" (since we like Japan) and it's just a small serving of rice, "ulam" - the meat/or main dish to go with your rice, gulay - vegetables and we have lots of dipping sauces mostly soy sauce/fish sauce/vinegar mixed with garlic/onions/chili peppers etc. I'm quite satisfied with a piece of fried fish and a little veggies. It's a miracle if I ever drink soda now these days. No one really carries sugary fruit juices. But we recently got a blender so I was thinking of making smoothies cause we have SHITTONS of fresh fruit. I think not being able to go to my closest McDonald's whenever I get hungry is doing me a favor. TBH

I'm planning on playing through the Epilogue. Then I'll probably finish Yakuza Kiwami 1. Then I'll think about getting Dragon Quest XI cause I want just a epic adventure. lol See you, homie! :D

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2023, 08:02:42 am »
Whoops,--I kinda skimmed over the last part of your post when you were talking about what game to play next. So you've played FFXV already and are gonna do it again but with mods? I'm kinda a total newb to playing games on a computer so I have no idea, I don't really like to PC game cause I feel it's super hardcore and I've been warned about games on there like WoW. How it ruins people's lifes. lol But I mean I'm sure it's more mainstream now. I've been thinking about getting some sorta monitor set up in my office area/workspace. I'm stuck on a Dell laptop I brought over from America about 5 years ago so I think it's time for an upgrade of sorts. I'll have to do more research on it and ax more questions?

UM. I loved Dragon Warrior VII for PSX. I was thinking about it on my walk today; it's the first time I've ever put 200 hours into a JRPG before. It was definitely an epic adventure. I loved how it's such a classic, old-school throwback of a JRPG game on the PlayStation. Initially, I had looked over it since I didn't like how you can't see your party in battles a la Earthbound but I tried it again and it grew on me so much!! I loved it! It had a certain blandness about it reminiscent of SNES JRPGs lol--maybe not bland but just vanilla. lol

Dragon Quest VIII was good too on the PS2 I had recently just beat it for the first time last year. It was so epic and good, and it was so much fun. So Japanese RPG. I loved, every single minute of it.

Well. As I told you before I had just got a PS4 Pro and I only have like 4 games for it. I beat Yakuza 0. I have Final Fantasy 15, Yakuza Kiwami 1 and The Last Guardian. I could just play FFXV along with you ( ;) haha ) and it'd save me some money on buying a new game - probably gonna be Dragon Quest XI. I haven't played an FF game in a while so I'm due for another. I'm really more into Dragon Quest now though I think. Thoughts on Final Fantasy VII Remake? Is it worth a shot playing?

Yeah I heard about the MMORPG games. I'm not really too into MMORPGs but I heard they're really good also. Wasn't the DQ MMORPG only released in Japan doe? I've heard some pretty good things about FF14 I might do some research on it. I've never even touched FF11 lol.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2023, 12:49:07 am »
I don't really like to PC game cause I feel it's super hardcore and I've been warned about games on there like WoW. How it ruins people's lifes. lol But I mean I'm sure it's more mainstream now.

Yeah, I'm with you on the MMORPGs -- I don't enjoy them, simply because I don't have time for grinding and I prefer a storyline that keeps me moving. Like you, I've heard a lot of horror stories about people getting really obsessive about them and that's just not me.

As for the PC being hardcore, it's much more mainstream and the barrier to entry to lower now than it was fifteen years ago. I built my PC and swap out parts every few years for upgrades. I like that I can emulate and mod games on it, although 95% of the modding I do with games is enhancing the graphics. Like upgraded game textures, or new lighting filters... stuff like that. It can really bring older games into new life to upgrade the graphics. Although, depending on the game, some classics are better off untouched.

So you've played FFXV already and are gonna do it again but with mods?

When it was released on PC I played it only about 30% through and never finished it. I can't even remember why I put it down, but the time I spent in it was a lot of fun. I want to play through it all the way, although I'll be starting a new game. This time I'm going to finish it and play the DLC, though! The only mods I'll use will be to add new weapons and armor/outfits (such as weapons imported from Final Fantasy VII Remake).

UM. I loved Dragon Warrior VII for PSX. ... Dragon Quest VIII was good too on the PS2 I had recently just beat it for the first time last year.

They both had Nintendo 3DS releases about a decade ago, so those were the first times I played them. I liked VIII much more than VII. Apparently there was added content, new playable party members, and enhanced graphics, but the music got a major downgrade. Which was a bummer, because the soundtrack to DQVIII was amazing. I really liked the world map theme.

In fact... I don't think I ever finished DQVIII. Damn. I'm bad about that with jRPGS. I'll get really into a game for a while, but then life will get busy and I won't have time for games for a few weeks and by the time things slow down for me to pick it back up, I never end up returning to it.

I have multiple games that have fallen into this trap over the past few years... CrossCode, The Outer Worlds, I am Setsuna... I'm at the end game of pretty much each one of them but haven't crossed the finished line. Maybe I should buckle down and finish those at some point soon?

You see how long it's taken me to play LUNAR 2, and I've actually gone through it quicker than I expected. Playing through it with a friend sort of made me accountable and forced me to play it almost daily. I felt like I was letting you down if I waited too long between play sessions! Hahaha!

Ok, the way I read your last post it seemed like you nonchalantly defeated Zophar, lol. He's one of/if not the hardest boss in the game.

Nope, nothing nonchalant about it, hahaha! It was a tough boss battle. Definitely the hardest boss of the game. I kept fearing there was going to be a second phase and was relieved that when I beat it, I truly beat it.

The one thing I do miss the most is the food - but, I've been on a weight loss journey for 5 years and NOT being around all the American food I'm used to helped tremendously. Here, a typical meal is very "Japanese" (since we like Japan) and it's just a small serving of rice, "ulam" - the meat/or main dish to go with your rice, gulay - vegetables and we have lots of dipping sauces mostly soy sauce/fish sauce/vinegar mixed with garlic/onions/chili peppers etc. I'm quite satisfied with a piece of fried fish and a little veggies.

I really, really enjoy Asian and non-American food. I get tired of burgers and pizza. We went to this burger place a few towns over that was supposed to be amazing, and it was SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT. $80 for four cheeseburgers and fries, one appetizer, one milkshake, and a tip for the waitress. It was overpriced and so incredibly disappointing. We generally only eat out once a week (twice max) simply because it's so expensive, especially seeing that there's four of us.

Today I made a Sunday roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions. It cooked in the crockpot all day and was so incredibly tender. It's one of those meals that it big and hearty and you can make two meals out of it. We'll have it for dinner again tomorrow, but we'll add a side of salad and maybe some corn.

Tuesday is my son's birthday, so we'll take him wherever he wants to go for food. As of right now he wants a burrito, haha.

As for Wednesday... Wednesday I'm making Japanese gyudon! I've never made it before, so I'm excited (and nervous) to try it out. I won't use any dashi seasoning in it, and I still need to buy the saki for the broth, but the rest of the ingredients I've already got covered: soy sauce, mirin, sugar, thinly-sliced ribeye, onions, ginger, etc. I'm also going to make some sushi with it as an appetizer, although I'll be using cooked shrimp or crab.

Food is one of my passions, haha...

Anyway, I'm going to stop here and game a little. I'm going to try and see what items I missed in Zophar's Domain and see if I can manually add them to my inventory using cheat codes. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do so, It may just be time consuming. Gwah ha ha! All I really care about is the Dragon Helm, though.

Cheating isn't beneath me, when it comes to video games. I have like an hour a day max for gaming, so I'll take whatever shortcuts are afforded to me. Of course, this is only for single-player games. I wouldn't cheat in multiplayer games, as that's not fair to the other players.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2023, 01:00:50 am »
Okay, double post time!!!

So I did some research, and it looks like I didn't actually miss anything in Zophar's Domain! It turns out the walkthrough I was referencing was for the original game and NOT the Complete version of the game!

The guide I looked at was referencing a Storm Shield, Immortal Robe, King's Mail, Mage's Rod, and other items (including the Dragon Helm) all being acquired there in Zophar's Domain. It turns out that's only the case in the original game.

This walkthrough (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197807-lunar-2-eternal-blue/faqs/52712), seems to confirm that I didn't miss anything, thank goodness. All I actually found were Silver Lights, Life Jewels, and the Fiend Ring -- despite battling every enemy and checking every corner for chests. I generally haven't missed items in this game (as far as I know). I'm probably going to use this walkthrough to get through the rest of the game.

I was able to  re-recruit Leo, Jean, Ronfar, and Lemina based on their locations, and I traveled the world to visit each location (to record them in Lucia's Pendant for easy fast travel) and obtained most of the bromides. If I remember correctly, there's a REALLY powerful accessory in the Brave Labyrinth, but I'm going to skip it for now and check out the Dragon Cave/Tower from the game's prologue. I got to second floor and I'm going to stop here for tonight.

EDIT: The bromides seem a bit more tame than SSSC. Or maybe it's just me. I even got the fabled Bromide X, haha...

Also -- Luna is OG. Seeing her side-by-side with Lucia, she's the ultimate waifu of the LUNAR series. Not that I really prescribe to such a thing as a waifu, but she's clearly the best of all of them.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 10:55:17 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2023, 01:41:57 pm »
Hey, Boo. So update from me: I'm trying to really concentrate on LUNAR 2's Epilogue. I'm probably gonna go to all the towns tomorrow. I kinda realized I really do love 90s/2000s JRPGs. I am actually quite odd and I like to re-play my favorites and see if my thoughts change while playing. I have no idea why I get new games. I just got a PS4 Pro but I still keep my PS3 out so I can play the PS1's fantastic JRPG library. I guess I like to know that I'll be pouring a lot of time into something that I know I'll enjoy. I guess I like familiarity. So yeah, concentrating on the Epilogue. And I'll see how I feel afterward, where my mind goes through.

I feel sorta different than I did yesterday, maybe it was beating Zophar? But I got so into Survivor all of a sudden. I'm kinda thinking about my mental health more and T.V. seems more I dunno "safe" for me right now, I'm still into JRPGs but after playing one of my favorites ever I need some time to evaluate my life and where I'm going with it.

I'm not as expert at gaming as you -- you seem to have it down to a schedule and timestamp. I'm just a simple, novice JRPG fan. I don't consider myself hardcore or anything I just know what I love.

I just wanted to tell you that doing all this with you was really fun for me and it's helped me out tremendously in my life. I'll never forget it.

I'm quasi-busy trying to organize my life and everything I have to do ea. day. I'm not as busy or work as hard as you, I just like to take my time with things and incorporate new things in my life slowly. I'm not a machine like you guys. I wish I was more hardcore of a gamer but I just pick my favorites and I'm content with those few games in my life. I have a very small JRPG collection but I cherish each game and wish to know more about each one.

TBH all I did today was just write in my journal. It's therapeutic for me just talking to myself. I don't know if I'm overwhelmed right now I feel weirdly calm, but I just need time, space to re-evaluate everything. It's been so nice getting to know you. Loved your stories.

I have things to do like my daily walks and re-hydration. I'm still working bit by bit on my farm growing flowers and vegetable seeds and stuff. It's not super hard work but I think about it a lot. I'm alone and work independently so it's just an adjustment for me. I don't really have a routine these days.

I'd love to talk to you more even about non-gaming things cause we seem to be similiar in that we both love to think about what we're thinking of all the time and what it means? in greater life? I wanted to pick your brain about what you think about group-think and telepathy and if it exists? I'm so random.

LUNAR 2 was so much fun for me, dude. Likewise I felt like having a friend made me more focused on ea. sesh.

My bad I don't have much to say tonight in an extremely small post. I've been on this natural high recently and I feel so spaced out sometimes. lol I'll try to holler at you tomorrow with something more insightful? Take care, doods. :D