Author Topic: Let's Play 2023 - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete  (Read 19076 times)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2023, 12:19:11 am »
Don't worry, Boo--I'm in the Pentagulia Underground about to go through the secret entrance / Althena's Statue. I'll prob play a little bit later cause I can't NOT play LUNAR, haha--.

Boo, I totally see you as some sort of social justice warrior like if we were in the 60s or 70s you'd be one of the white "brothers" throwing molotov cocktails at the police or something. haha

I'm learning so much from you in our conversations you're obviously very smart, much more than I am and I'm just trying to keep up w/ the conversation and have something substantial to reply with.

Oh I struggled a little bit with Depression about 5-10 years ago. It was due to me getting Food Poisoning at work and they had to take me to a hospital in L.A. bec it was that bad, and there they said I was too underweight (I was like 150 lbs.) and so they fed me pills to fatten me up. I ended up gaining over 100 lbs. and left the hospital overweight and depressed. I didn't trust any doctors in the U.S. just cause I didn't trust them. But when I came home to the Philippines I saw a psychologist right away and she helped me out. I started exercising / and dieting and now I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. Another reason why I don't like the US is I think they're all about drugs... like whether it's pills or whatever? A week ago I was at a pizza parlor here and met an American the first thing he asks me is if I do any drugs and I was like no bec I didn't want to indulge his conversation and bec he might be undercover. I was just like whoa that that's the only thing Americans think about?

Lol. You're telling me. Sometimes I think these "problems" I have are just really petty. Bec my parents worked and lived in the US for 30+ years and they don't give a fuck about any of this stuff. They just care about work and money. They're like robots. Running on coffee/caffeine. They barely have enough time to watch T.V. and think about the stuff I do. I think they're more definition of the American Dream than anything cause they came there with nothing, worked, and saved up enough money to buy themselfs (and me :)) a home in the Philippines and have more than enough saved for retirement. Sometimes when a lot of this superficial stuff is getting to me I just think about them and then I want to just leave the internet and just live my happy life. They don't use the internet or anything. They're just happy people.

I grew up in San Francisco which has a big Asian population so I saw a lot of Asian people everyday. And I grew up in a pretty Asian environment with most of my friends growing up being Asian-American, etc. It's just a drastic change when I get home and turn on the T.V. and see nothing but white people and the occasional Black. It's just, a, little weird. Tbh, when I think about it the T.V. is pretty harmful and just sucks me in so in a way I'm kinda of glad that I realized I'm never gonna be represented on television and I stopped consuming American media that way. One show I dearly love is Survivor though, and I have all (most) of the DVDs and everything so I took that with me back home here... I mean I gotta like something right? I think watching less T.V. is a good thing at the end of the day.

One of the main things I noticed between the Philippines-US is: One the Philippines is a pretty small, homogeneous country with mainly one religion. I see only Filipinos everyday here. I don't have to worry about offending a Black, Latino or white person at work or something or offending somebody in regards to religion. I kinda like that it's just Filipinos here because I feel way more comfortable knowing that my neighbor is prob a Filipino guy just like me? In the US, I feel religion is mostly stunted esp at work like you're not supposed to talk about it? Here they show prayers on T.V. commercials and everything. I've never felt this much comfort in my growing up 26 years in America, there I just felt like people were watching me, nosy neighbors, and the police presence kinda made me feel like they were trying to keep minorities "down." I think the US is just complicated. Here it's a much more simple life.

Tbh, I have my whole life set here now. I don't have to worry about bills or anything. I was laughing one time bec I was thinking about how I pay $4 for water & electricity, and my highest bill was prob the internet at $20. I think about my retirement often, bec I know I'm gonna make it there. Sure it's simpler but I mean I'm not dumb? Follow the money. I pay more for video games here than my monthly bills.

Tbh we don't have "things" like that here. Racism, colorism whatever. PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE. We have this thing in the US where you turn 18 and you move out and live on your own. Here that's not even thought of bec people live with their parents in the same house until they grow older. It's almost disrespectful to leave your parents alone and people will def look at you funny for it. I think a lot of things like that in America have no idea where it stemmed from. Asians def care for their parents and their family a lot. I know for sure people wouldn't understand that cause we come from two different worlds. I've talked to a lot of ex-pats here who've said they don't like how people abandon their parents in nursing homes so they moved to the Philippines to get away from the "stigma" of wanting to take care of their parents in their own home. WEIRD!!! Only in America would something weird like that even be thought of.

I know some people might call our country uneducated, or undeveloped. But if you think racism and looking down on ppl for random reasons is being "educated" or "cultured" well color me stupid. That's actually one of the reasons why I wanted to get away from America is the looks that people would give me. Like when I was working people would just have strange interactions with me, or I walk into a GameStop and get the weirdest looks cause I'm 20 and waltzing into a kids toy store w/o a family. Shameful! I can see why the Japanese look to automated, robotic transactions now bec a human being is capable of having personal thoughts on someone buying a pack of bubble gum. I mean sometimes you don't need that personal interaction w/ someone else. It's almost kinda of voyeur or perverted.

Anyway Boo, I tried to reply to you as best I can without coffee or an energy drink just drinking hot chocolate lol. I feel so unfocused today haha. I'll prob play more LUNAR later! :D

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2023, 01:18:48 am »
Boo, I totally see you as some sort of social justice warrior like if we were in the 60s or 70s you'd be one of the white "brothers" throwing molotov cocktails at the police or something. haha

I would! I've actually participated in a few marches, although it's been a while. Solidarity with all the disenfranchised! Mostly they've been about LGBTQ+, although I did particulate in an early BLM protest a few years back (in secret - my wife doesn't know about it, haha). Not that she doesn't agree with me on many of those fronts (she is anti-LGBTQ+ due to her interpretation of the Bible), but because I'm the bread-winner and she's got a black belt in worrying, hahaha...

I'm learning so much from you in our conversations you're obviously very smart, much more than I am and I'm just trying to keep up w/ the conversation and have something substantial to reply with.

Naw. This is an equal footing convo. I may just have more practice speaking my mind, hahaha. Don't feel like you need to have substantial to say; sometimes just listening is all it takes! I'm enjoying our convo's, both about the game and life in general. I think we always have stuff we can learn from each other. I'm enjoying this whole experience -- we'll be bros in real life if we ever get the chance to meet up!

I started exercising / and dieting and now I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. Another reason why I don't like the US is I think they're all about drugs... like whether it's pills or whatever?

This was very similar to my experience. I saw several counselors and psychologists, and most were quick to prescribe anti-depressants. I was very much against it, but one gave me the whole "seratonin in your brain, blah blah" speech and convinced me. It helped, but not really; it just dulled my emotions and took the lowest of the lows away, but it also took the highest of the highs away (if that makes sense). Not much joy and not much sorrow, I just felt very numb and detached from life. Once I discovered cardio and exercise and dieting, a light clicked and that was the key to managing my stress and depression. I still struggle with the blues from time to time (especially in winter), but exercise and eating healthy keeps everything in check. And of course, I have my wife and kids to help me stay focused.

Sometimes when a lot of this superficial stuff is getting to me I just think about them and then I want to just leave the internet and just live my happy life. They don't use the internet or anything. They're just happy people.

I feel like the internet is such a blessing and a curse. It's great when it can connect people together - like this little Chrono Trigger loving tribe (that led to our friendship and playthrough of LUNAR). It can also be extremely toxic. I actually don't use any social media outside of LinkedIn for that very reason, and cutting myself off from social media was the best thing I ever did. My internet experience is extremely, extremely curated, and I'm not on it too often.

Tbh, I have my whole life set here now. I don't have to worry about bills or anything. I was laughing one time bec I was thinking about how I pay $4 for water & electricity, and my highest bill was prob the internet at $20. I think about my retirement often, bec I know I'm gonna make it there.

I'm jealous. I literally just paid my bills and... $395.96 for electricity... $69.86 for water... $134.18 for my phone bill... $110 for my internet bill... We probably don't manage the electricity as good as we could, but we're also not bad at all. We don't leave lights on, we keep our heater and aircon at 70 degrees, etc. I could not be any more jealous of you!!!

Maybe I should save up a lot and go to the Philippines and work remotely. :D

Tbh we don't have "things" like that here. Racism, colorism whatever. PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE. We have this thing in the US where you turn 18 and you move out and live on your own. Here that's not even thought of bec people live with their parents in the same house until they grow older. It's almost disrespectful to leave your parents alone and people will def look at you funny for it. I think a lot of things like that in America have no idea where it stemmed from. Asians def care for their parents and their family a lot. I know for sure people wouldn't understand that cause we come from two different worlds. I've talked to a lot of ex-pats here who've said they don't like how people abandon their parents in nursing homes so they moved to the Philippines to get away from the "stigma" of wanting to take care of their parents in their own home. WEIRD!!! Only in America would something weird like that even be thought of.

YES. This is one of the things I tout about Asian culture. There's a responsibility to the family and you ultimately take care of your own. The only hard part for me would be dealing with my parents -- they're hardcore Christian fundamentalists, so I don't agree some of their views. They're good people but they have some mild racism and just general judgmental personalities. That would be SUPER hard for me if we still lived in the same house. But... family is family.

I know some people might call our country uneducated, or undeveloped. But if you think racism and looking down on ppl for random reasons is being "educated" or "cultured" well color me stupid.

Naw! I was friends with a small Filipino community where I grew up in Ohio. A Filipino lady had married an American GI back in the late 1970s and moved to the States, and she ended up bringing her family and eventually a small community grew up. They were amazing people and she made the best food. They had a son that was about 7 years older than me and he turned out to be a bad dude, but the parents and extended family were solid people. They had so much charisma and joy and politeness I've always associated that with Filipino people. I've also worked with a few Filipino engineers over the years, and they've generally all been similar. There's a lot to like about the Philippines. I just feel like it doesn't get as much attention as, say, Japan or South Korea.

Alright -- onto the gaming!

Red Dragon Tower
I rescued Ronfar. I definitely should have done that first, haha... This is three times easier with his healing spells. I definitely went through A LOT of my stash of healing items and got to the point I almost had to revert to another save.

One thing about Mauri is that I generally remember her backstory with having been given a cure that is later revealed to be the blood of Zophar (or I think it was blood).

I do find it hilarious that the group is opening mocking "Mystere" and talking about the fact that he's Leo -- right in front of him! And he's just staying silent and going along with it.

Blue Dragon Tower

Does this game ever say WHY Lunn started the Shadow Dragon Cult? And who they all were learning to assassinate? I assume just enemies of (the fake) Althena, and to help continue propagating the Chosen religion.

Anyway, after rescuing all of the team members, Mystere runs away because he "just remembered that [he] has to do something." What an oaf. And then, of course, Leo joins the party!

Secret Shrine

Were, like, the False Goddess and her cronies looking for Lucia before all this, or did they randomly come up with the plan to steal her lifeforce after they met her? And what about Leo's original plans to slay the Destroyer as soon as he could? Just seems like none of this was really thought through from a writing and plot standpoint, haha...

Also, Ghaleon mentions returning from the netherworld... does that mean that there is a true hell or netherworld in the world of LUNAR? Does that mean there's a heaven or other kind of afterlife? Hmmm...

And Zophar wants revenge on Althena, but Ghaleon keeps talking about the destruction of the Blue Star. Is the world they are on called the Blue Star, and the world they came from (the "Silver Star") called the Dark Star? I've been wondering about this and this reminded me.

Fifth Tower

Maybe it's just me, but this place looks JUST like Althena's Tower from the end of SSSC! And then when confronted by the villains, it plays the SSSC Burg / Luna theme... I got goosebumps.

Also, Zophar's plan is stupid. To just let Lucia go unchecked knowing she'll eventually have to return to the tower... And knowing that she may end up freeing the imprisoned dragons.

Taben's Peak

Well, rescued by Nall -- and with the White Dragon Wings, no less. I'm reading to collect these Dragon Aura's (and Nall teleported to the White Dragon Cave -- does that mean he's all the way back on the Burg island!?) But alas, I must stop here for the night.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2023, 03:06:34 am »
You are one bad dude, Boo. Bad as in good, lol. You remind me of a lot of the liberal activists I see in San Francisco, dudes that do protests and marches for all kinds of causes and stuff. Pro-weed, etc.... I grew up with a lot of that stuff like the "people fighting the system" type of stuff. I don't usually partake though but I watch from afar, I'm one of those "keep your head down and work" type people, "stay in your own lane" and "Follow the Herd." I just like to play safe, and not get too involved. I really don't want to stick out. Just faceless in the crowd.

I support the gays I think they're so funny, I'm pretty religious but I do find a lot of the stuff in the Bible to be archaic and traditional/too old-fashioned. I'm pretty with the times. They have me cracking up when there's a gay guy on T.V. and he's acting very dramatic!! I laugh my head off.

On the anti-depressants. I don't think about it too much but for me they worked. Literally I took the first pill I was prescribed, I took a nap and I woke up feeling like everything was normal again. This was about 4 years ago. It gave me the motivation to diet, exercise and to ultimately lose weight which was one of the reasons why I was depressed in the first place (my weight gain) so I still take them. After maybe a year and a half of doing this my psych gave me the good news that I don't have depression anymore and I was elated. I asked her why I have to keep taking the meds if I'm not depressed anymore, and she said it was for "maintenance" and to "help with sleep." I was a little skeptical, but was like ok. Tbh, I really don't care about the medication I just take it like it's nothing but it does knock me out at night. I never really think about it. If I'm having trouble sleeping I just take it as a "sleep aid."

I know what you mean about feeling sorta numb and zombied-out. What I did was just exercise (which you can get a natural high from) and just eat healthier, and drink a lot of water and that sorta balances out that 'medicated' feeling. I don't have problems w/ it anymore though. I say it's up to you, if you know it helps than def take it, but if you're uneasy maybe don't take it for a while esp if you have to do things involving talking to people like at work or something. I agree with the doc in just taking it all the time though, and figuring out how to deal with the side-effects/numbness/zombie feeling.

I'm actually looking to expand my social media, haha! But I do prefer, just posting on an old-fashioned Message Board though! I think the anonymity is really special. I also have this Survivor fantasy of being a super charismatic, engaging, personality online that posts big, cryptic, mysterious things haha!!! Na, I really do like just talking to people and getting to know them. I grew up chatting w/ people online ever since I was a teenager so I think it's the normal way to go about things these days. My doctor says to talk to more IRL ppl though (Which's why I said that thing about talking to people that's not your spouse, kids, pets, family. Actual friends and friendships outside your comfort zone).

Yeah... I try not to think about how funny it is paying my bills here, compared to how it was like in the US. I rem living by myself in an apartment on main street San Francisco and the monthly rent was about $1,000. Which was pretty much my paycheck for two weeks, and I couldn't buy that many groceries or anything and it was a Godsend my Mom would send me some stuff to eat some days. I was very uncomfortable living by myself having no one to talk to and not having my dogs there.

Here it's quite the opposite. Just a cute farm, I have so many ppl here everyday to talk to if I want, I have two wonderful dogs. I play around w/ the lot here so I try to grow a little herb garden and then I'll move onto the hard stuff like vegetables and tomatoes, eggplant, okra, etc.... Not to mention the chickens, goats, cows.

Well I get along w/ my parents pretty well. This farm is actually theirs, I have my own house elsewhere but I told them I like this house better so we should switch. XD lol They come to visit a lot though. If they ever annoy me I just let it roll off my back I'm that easy-going plus I'm not gonna raise my voice to 60-year-olds about (petty) arguing. It's just not worth it to me.

Lol, I wish I had stories about fun neighbors I had growing up but they were all of the nasty variety. Like. Seriously. I never get a long w/ neighbors of ours. I just don't like being looked at. By people. Ever. Anywhere. And most people in the US I've encountered are not very friendly. When it comes to my friends we got along great though. I dunno why it's always older people that creep me out in the neighborhood.

Ok. I promise I'll play a little bit of the game more now. I'm about to. The two maids are just in the house cleaning the place up so I'll be nice and settled to game in a few minutes. I'll check you out later Boo!!! ....................

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2023, 10:51:48 am »
Regarding the game..........

I did everything you get to do in Pentagulia and made/warped myself back to Taben's Peak. Saved.

I have some thoughts: So Zophar speaks again. Excellent. I thought getting to see the Goddess Tower again was amazing I thought that was such a climax last dungeon for SSSC. The music was great, I am in agreeance.

So this's the part where you have to go to each one of the Four Dragons, just like when Alex had to undergo his Dragon Trials to become Dragonmaster. I think it's pretty funny you get to repeat all that in this game. lol

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2023, 01:11:13 am »
Alright, back into the game! Today was a long day so I'm looking forward to just taking it easy and veg out.

Taben's Peak

I talked to all the kids and then went on...

Dragonship Destiny

I'm glad that Leo is coming around, but c'mon dude, a fight? There's no rhyme or reason for it... so I whooped his ass. Haha! And then the bastard leaves because he's upset and/or doesn't feel worthy...? C'mon, dude...

But at least we got a proper vehicle! That's the one thing I didn't love about SSSC... there's no airship or vehicle! I mean, the White Dragon wings are cool, but it's always great in an RPG to get a vehicle late into the story. The exploration elements alone are excellent!

World Map

I think this supposed to be the island where the White Dragon was in SSSC...? The same island with the Weird Woods and Burg... If so, it's sort of sad the entire island is now uninhabited and is just a frosty, glacier-like island.

White Dragon Cave

This is a very long dungeon and took it out of me, lol... I forgot that some monsters can rush me and break the ice pillars. That was something from the first game. Also, I swear Nall said something about needing to get four ice keys are needed to get to him, so I was scouring for these keys before I finally confronted the boss. I apparently am very tired and have no idea where that came from, because after defeating the White Field (aka fake dragon)...

What a nostalgia trip to return to Quark's Cave! Even the song is the same... Man, how awesome. And we were able to see Nall in all his dragon glory! I got the new White Dragon relic, gave it to Hiro, and went back to the world map...

I'm saving here for the night.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2023, 06:59:25 am »
Oh, Boo!!! A wonderful thought just overtook me...

So I just beat Leo, he gave me the White Dragon's Aura and the Destiny... I was gonna bring this up back when you receive the White Dragon Wings (but unfortunately they lost all their power) but now would be an most excellent time to actually backtrack and go back to all the previous towns and talk to the townspeople again. (Hopefully they changed their lines) Usually once I get the ability to go back to previous places I just talk to everyone again. :)

I might set aside a day to do all this, BEFORE I go tackle the White Dragon Cave. Just so you know. :) I get so excited just thinking about it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2023, 03:30:13 pm »
Dang, I didn't even think about doing this before going to the White Dragon Cave!

I'm already saved after the White Dragon Cave but will do the same before I head onto the next town and continue the story.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2023, 01:53:13 am »
Yay!!!!

I'm glad you're up for it, Boo, and down to read all the text the game has to offer and soak in all of the lore of LUNAR 2! :) I would feel awful if I missed a line in the game and I try to do this (backtrack and talk to everyone) after every major event that takes place that'll have the townspeople talking and change their lines. lol

I try to do this everytime I play the game. I dunno if I'm just OCD, anal-retentive or a completionist or whatever-you-would call it? But I just think it's fun to.

So this afternoon I'm planning on starting from the beginning at Gwyn's House, then the Salyan Desert towns like Larpa and then Dalton, and I'll just work my way down the list.

Thanks for enjoying the game with me, Boo!!! Hehe

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2023, 10:45:29 am »
I went back to Gwyn’s Outpost, Larpa and Dalton. Unfortunately that was all I can fit in for tonight.

No luck in Larpa. Literally no one’s lines changed. Everyone says the same thing since the first time you left.
I got lucky in Dalton though. Maybe half the townfolks’ lines changed. Now they’re talking about how it’s rumored that Leo was kicked out of Althena’s Guard. lol

I can’t wait to check out the rest of the towns tomorrow! :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2023, 01:22:12 am »
I haven't had much time to play yesterday or today, unfortunately. Yesterday I couldn't play and tonight I just went grinding away in the White Dragon Cave.

I then followed suit like you and went back Gwyn's House. I haven't talked to him or anyone else yet, though, and I saved right there. I'm already post-White Dragon Cave, so we'll see if things look different for me. I'll keep you updated!

I hope you're having a good weekend, dude. I ran around all day grocery shopping and taking my kids to sporting events. Ate a hefty burrito at lunch and then tried to jog this evening before the sun went down... The jog went well, but that burrito was still weighing heavily on me, hahaha...

Tomorrow will be church and then I'm on solo dad duty with the kids while my wife goes to a Galentine's party thing with her friends. I should be able to pick back up tomorrow.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2023, 11:19:28 am »
I went ahead and talked to all the townspeople from Larpa-Azado. A few people change their lines so it's worth checking out.

-Like one person changed their line in West Nota, I think?
-I think Giban is the only one to change his line at the Carnival.
-The Mayor/Maria change their line in Zulan.
-Meribia has a lot of people changing their line about Ramus' Tunnels of Terror. :lol:
-No one changes their line in Vane.
-A bunch of people change their line in Azado.

I'll try to go to the White Dragon Cave now.

I'm having a wonderful weekend, man. I started to realize that walking for 1 hr. a day got kinda boring/tiring and that could be an hour spent on something else. So I'm trying to switch it up and try OMAD "One Meal a Day." I'm just not very fond of eating 3 meals a day lately so I just eat dinner now. I drink water throughout the day though a lot of it. I had a burrito today too! It was very filling I'm still full off of it right now!

Not anything too exciting at the ranchhouse. Just bought some soil for my herb garden, and some stuff for my dogs. I'm trying to find a frog toy for my one dog cause she's curious about frogs maybe she'll like it? I'm just buying other little nick-knacks as well.

I've been really busy playing Yakuza 0 for PS4. It's a really good series you should check it out especially if you're into Asian/Japanese culture.

I'm thinking about whether I want to stay up tonight or just go to sleep... Hmm?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2023, 03:18:54 am »
I've been really busy playing Yakuza 0 for PS4. It's a really good series you should check it out especially if you're into Asian/Japanese culture.

I've picked up a few of the Yakuza games, but haven't really had a change to play them. Eventually, especially seeing as you said -- it's a slice of Japanese life that a weeb like me would probably enjoy, haha...

I haven't been playing many video games outside of LUNAR. Things have been too hectic at work and with the kids. I've played a little bit of Dragon's Dogma recently, but that's it. It's one of those games I tend to pick up and put down a lot. I have yet to beat it and although I love the open-nature world of such games, the difficulty and grinding makes me occasionally frustrated and I put it down for a few months. I'm so close to the end (although there's post-game content), so I just want to get it over with at this point, haha...

Anyway, it's way past my bedtime. I've been up working and didn't get to play LUNAR tonight. I have a report due Tuesday and some of the data I needed was late getting to me, thus the late night work fun. Hopefully tomorrow!

Have a great one, homie!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2023, 10:48:54 am »
Hiya, dudester. So a little update--wasted the White Dragon Fiend and saved there.

I'm up for continuing the story now whenever you are, man. Looks like we're going for the Blue Fiend next and Jean gets an upgrade in her powers. Yesss!!! She'll become even more vicious in battles now!

Nothing much going on over here, homes. I'm doing OMAD "one meal a day" and I feel so much more better. I don't feel like a bloated mess when going to sleep at night and I have tons more energy to game/or watch DVDs at night now! I'll try to keep this up as long as I could! I'm still doing my daily walk I just need to clear my head sometimes and walking around kinda aimlessly all blank helps a lot! The maids have taken the burden off my shoulders of doing the housechores so I have much more freetime to game! I've been gaming non-stop the last 3-days actually! Usually I'm on Yakuza 0 during the day and I finish up what we have to do for LUNAR 2 at night.

I'm glad you're staying busy at least, I try to do the same. I think staying busy is important. You're such a workhorse, dude. Anyway glad everything is going well with you! I look forward to your updates on just lifes, in general. :)

Have a good one too, Holmes!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2023, 11:03:44 pm »
I've found about the same regarding NPC dialogue changes (a few changes, but not much). For example in Dalton, several people mention Leo being thrown out of Althena's Chosen. I never chatted with anyone in Azado after all the events with the fire, so I don't know what's changed from then, if anything. A few lines in Meribia...

I'm pressing on! Onward to...

Horam Village

Dang. There's so much dialogue in this game that absolutely wouldn't fly today. I wonder if SSSC is like that? I haven't played any of the SSS games in about 5 years or more, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was some stuff in there that I never noticed. Guess I gotta play it again! In fact, next time I play Silver Star, I think I want to play the Harmony version.

Looks like we're going for the Blue Fiend next and Jean gets an upgrade in her powers. Yesss!!! She'll become even more vicious in battles now!

I know, right? I remember her unlocking a few combat spells at this point, when her powers are unlocked. I'm ready! I also upgraded my gear, so I'm ready to rock. Luckily some of that gear was found back in Pentagulia, so I didn't have to spend as much.

Wong Lee > Lunn. I had forgotten all about Wong Lee and that he was Lunn's master.

An NPC mentions that Blue Dragon Fist martial arts was invented 1,000 years ago. That would put it right at the time of Alex and Luna. Was there something from SSSC that indicates the creation of the martial art form that I don't recall...?

Now to the Tournament! I like that Jean gets a costume change here; I always like these kind of character changes in jRPGs. Some of the Tales games come to mind, which characters changing hair styles and outfits.

Anyway, I'm quitting her for today. Tomorrow is the tournament, and I'm gonna beat Lunn's ass!!!

I'm glad you're staying busy at least, I try to do the same. I think staying busy is important. You're such a workhorse, dude.

I agree it's great to stay busy, but there's also a point (with work anyway) that's too busy. It takes away from my wife and kids and just leaves me feeling drained. Today was one of those days. I worked a twelve hour day, and some of the data I needed didn't get to me until last minute today. We're talking at like 6:00pm, which means I had to work another hour to put the data into the deck.

Tomorrow I'm back into the office for the next few days, so I should have time to play, it will just be short. I tried starting Death's Stranding a few weeks ago and have barely been able to put a dent into it; I haven't played since January 21st, if that tells you anything. Pretty much all my gaming time is going right here to beautiful LUNAR.

Keep calm and carry on, my friend!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2023, 10:40:52 am »
Hey, Boo I didn't get much done besides taking the Destiny and taking my ass to Horam. I'm just so tired. I've mentioned that I've been doing one meal a day and when I finally got around to eating dinner my ass just passed the fuck out. I woke up from a great nap just now, but I'm still way too tired to even sit my ass down in front of the T.V.. I promise I'll get everything in Horam done tomorrow. It's my first time doing one meal a day and it just hits different! Plus I took my daily walk for 1.5 hours this late afternoon that might have something to do with it.

Anyway I hope you're still fighting the good fight. I'll see you around, my man! :D