Author Topic: Let's Play 2023 - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete  (Read 19070 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Let's Play 2023 - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete
« on: December 24, 2022, 06:05:52 pm »
Vidkid and I have had an ongoing chat in the "What are you playing" video game thread, and we have been planning all year for an informal "Let's Play" of a Lunar series video game. Well that time is finally upon us!

We'll be playing through the game separately and somewhat slowly, posting screenshots, thoughts, and general hearty discussion here in this very thread. If you'd like to join in, please feel free! If not, feel free to still to participate in discussions.

About the game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue

If you aren't familiar with the Lunar series, Eternal Blue is a fantastic jRPG originally released on the Sega CD and later re-released on the PSX as a "Complete" version with updated graphics, events, etc. Although a sequel to Silver Star Story, the two are almost entirely independent.

"The game follows the adventure of Hiro, a young explorer and adventurer who meets Lucia, visitor from the far-away Blue Star. Together they become entangled in Lucia's mission to stop Zophar, an evil, all-powerful being, from destroying the world. During their journey across the world of Lunar, Hiro and Lucia are joined by an ever-expanding cast of supporting characters."

It's a heart-warming story with romance, excitement, danger, and fantastical elements.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 03:17:34 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play - Lunar: Eterenal Blue Complete
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 08:46:54 pm »
Ah! First of all, Merry Christmas to Boo and everyone else here at the Compendium! Playing any a version of Lunar during Christmas has always been tradition in my house and I'm glad I get to share it with you all here today.

I'm happy that Boo and I chose EBC to play since I haven't played that one in a while. It's a pretty typical game like if you like traditional old-school turn-based RPGs... Personally I enjoy Working Designs' translation and text the most and I re-play their games a lot just because it gives me a chortle every now-and-then. Haha.

A hearty cheers to everyone! I always play something that I know will ring in the new year with a lot of fun so I always choose to play a Lunar game around this time of year. Thanks for joining us on this adventure guys! :)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 06:58:29 am »
Hey, Boo! (I was gonna wait for you to make the first post!) So I guess I'll make the first post in this adventure! Now that the festivities have died down a little bit and I get some winding down time to myself tonight... I'll pop in L2:EBC. So usually I play the game in little chunks. Whenever I start EBC I usually try to get through the opening introduction sequence with Hiro's voiceover (which reminds me a lot of Wild ARMs and Jack's intro) and get to his and Gwyn's house. There's a little dungeon in-between that takes a fair bit of time so I try to get through that, and I fight every monster to level up Hiro and go back to the Althena's Statue for healing if-needed. (The great thing about LUNAR is you can definitely abuse the Althena's Statues for the ultimate of free-healings--and I definitely take advantage of this privilege whenever I can!) I get to Grandpa's house and I kinda take a little rest there before the events in the tower.

The First Session

So the enemies in the desert aren't that hard I just go back to the statue if I'm not feeling confident enough about the next monster. I mentioned abusing the free healing in this game but the one thing I love the most about the LUNAR games is the Save Anywhere feature I catch myself saving whenever I feel like it! If you fight every battle in the desert Hiro will reach level 7 and learn the best of his most basic skill set so definitely try to do-so! If you're unsure where to go next with the Dragonship Destiny parked outside and Your House, try going north to the spire if you just want to explore. I usually talk to the guards in the Destiny then I go inside the house. Try talking to Leo first before Gwyn for a little extra dialogue, then talk to Gwyn first when the game lets you cause Leo will take off if you speak to him. You can interact with a lot of objects here so try to explore a little bit! When gazing at the Blue Spire from up top the outpost I just feed Gwyn whatever dialogue choice cause I don't think it really matters (I'm gonna keep picking the first available option from here on out to make things easier on me on the next playthrough). The books in the basement-library are worth reading if you want a little more backstory!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 09:00:16 am by VidKid369 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 01:23:06 pm »
I'm glad you made the first post, haha... I haven't started yet, despite my best efforts. Sorry! We ended up doing unplanned running all day yesterday, and I didn't get to bed until 2:30am last night. Had to wrap presents since we ended up on the move all day - it's 11:00am here and we just finished opening presents.

I have to get started on the Christmas ham and associated Christmas dinner, but I'll be playing for 30 minutes to an hour here within the next few hours. I'll post once I do.

:)

EDIT: I've finally got everything configured on my PC for emulation, including cheats. I always hated grinding for GP in this game, so I've worked around that (gwah ha ha). I'm diving in!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 04:24:55 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 07:26:29 pm »

Okay, I'm officially a bit into the game!

First off, I had forgotten how this game opens with a little monologue by a certain character from Lunar: Silver Star Story. Moving straight into the animated intro, this is such quintessential 1990s anime. Everything about it - the characters, the music, the historical diagrams on the walls... and I love it. I'm so enthralled and it's obvious why this game is such a near and dear game to my heart. This enhanced port isn't as good as Silver Star Story Complete, though. Firing this up after so many years, I'm initially a bit jarred by the graphics having not really been upgraded from the SegaCD version (unlike SSS Complete).

Regardless... Poor Luna Lucia in all that cold without being properly dressed, haha...

Once Hiro gives his intro via narration, it's time to go explore! I always liked Hiro and Ruby as characters, and when they're being chased in the initial dungeon, my heart warmed when I heard Burg's theme. This soundtrack never gets old!

I spent most of today trying to get the cheats to work and my controller configured to the emulator, so I'm still exploring the desert valley and haven't quite reached Leo and the ship yet. If I can tonight, I'll play some more and continue catching up.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 07:39:10 pm »
All's good, man! Sounds like you had a very festive Christmas, mine was pretty quiet. (as usual)

Yeah a lot of people love the monologue narrator's voice but after hearing it again I think it's just like ok. Don't get me wrong, I love all the voice actors from Working Designs but I don't think this character has "ThE BeSt VoiCe EvEr!1one" like some fans try to claim. Yep, this game is so late-90s - to - early-2000s style of JRPG. It probably has a lot to do with the anime cutscenes and little chibi character sprites. Yah, I noticed that the graphics weren't looking that good on a PS3 + 4K television setup, but I like old games so I think that adds a nice touch, at least the font looks ok to me... that's all that really matters to me.

I try to pick apart each scene. With Lucia, I wonder "Who is Lucia, anyway? Where did she come from? How is she related to Althena in some way?" She mentions that, "It isn't the time for her Awakening." So she knows that she's supposed to awaken from her deep crystallization but now isn't the right time and that something's gone wrong. Personally, I deeply think Lucia is just one of Althena's children that she left behind on the Blue Star to guard it. And along with that comes some of her powers. I don't think she's her 'sister' or anything, or 'another part of Althena' in some way.

Ok. Looks good that we both managed to at least get the game going! :) I'll try to play a little bit more tonight maybe a 30 min. sesh or something! ((I'm having so much fun, Boo!!!))

Edited: Oops! I forgot to touch upon Hiro and Ruby! So Hiro's definitely a lot more talkative compared to Alex in the first game, I think that's one of the major differences. Ruby is a lot like Nall like very smart-mouthed, maybe even moreso if you can believe that! I think they make a great duo too!! Ruby's very helpful in battles as she'll pick off enemies with low HP that're already near-death, so you can count on her as an asset in battles just like a regular playable character. She doesn't heal you like Nall though - she's strictly an offensive character, maybe because of her Fire-element? Don't count on her to heal you in battles if you got used to the first game!!! Hiro's also a really good attacker, just like any JRPG main character you're probably gonna rely on Hiro a lot to do everything like picking off groups or individual enemies! He's reliable-enough to get you through the early stages/portion of the game alone so don't worry! A cheat, - I would suggest just using your magic/skills all the time to pick off enemies quicker and just run back to the nearest Althena's Statue. I learned this after playing the game so much for such a long time.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 07:59:38 pm by VidKid369 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 10:20:47 pm »
Yeah a lot of people love the monologue narrator's voice but after hearing it again I think it's just like ok

This is exactly how I felt. I struggle with it a little, in fact. Out of curiosity, I went back to watch a few cutscenes from Silver Star Harmony, and I think I like that VA for Ghaleon more. Some of the Harmony VAs were really off-putting, but putting them side by side, the Ghaleon VA for Harmony is probably better IMO. It's definitely a bit more generic, but it's also more commanding.

Personally, I deeply think Lucia is just one of Althena's children that she left behind on the Blue Star to guard it. And along with that comes some of her powers. I don't think she's her 'sister' or anything, or 'another part of Althena' in some way.

I've played Silver Star Story, Silver Star Story Complete, and Silver Star Harmony probably a dozen times between the three of them, but I've only ever played Eternal Blue Complete once (and never have I played the original). I need to refresh my memory as I go through the game, but I definitely like the idea of Lucia just being one of what could be more "daughters" of the goddess.

Man, I wonder whatever happened to these VA? I used to love watching the behind the scenes DVDs of Working Design games. Same with Victor Ireland. A lot of them just never went anywhere in the industry and that's heartbreaking to me.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 10:47:48 pm »
I still have to play Silver Star Harmony. Oopsies! :) I have it on my PSP Go I think. I just like the Working Designs version that I feel I don't need to play any other copy. lol

Oh don't get me wrong I like that character and voice actor a lot for that ... character, sometimes I get put off by fans saying he's the best voice in the industry, woo woo woo. To be honest, I think that was just a bad reading for the beginning of Eternal Blue Complete. It sounded so rushed to me like they were trying to confine the lines within a short amount of time. That voice actor does a better job when they have time to really elongate and express the words and the loveliness of the sound.

You should definitely try to play Eternal Blue on Sega CD, I played it for the first time in 2016 and if you like the PSX version it's almost identical to the Sega CD version with just different lines of dialogue here-and-there and a different look to ea. character's character sprites. And there's a gameplay feature called Magic Points where you get to expend points on building up your skills and much to the chagrin of many players use them to save the game. (This didn't go over well with a lot of fans. But personally I had no problem w/ it.) Calling Lucia one of Althena's "daughters" is a good take, she definitely looks young and has that naivete about her that definitely fits the qualities of being almost a child-like.

Some of the voice actors have Facebooks. I know Jenny Stigile and Ashley Angel have one. Some of the others I tried to search for, but couldn't find anything. I know I usually save the Making of disc for after finishing the game it's like the cherry on top. Out of all of them I think Ashley was definitely the most successful.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2022, 09:02:17 am »
#2 session

I decided to wait for you. So before I even went near the Blue Spire, I decided to take Gwyn to the Salyan Desert because that's literally the only place to grind right now. There's no other option besides going to the Blue Spire and cont. on with the storyline. The monsters in the spire can be quasi semi-annoying so I decided to just level up a bit, while I wait for you, in the desert you passed through previously where you meet Leo for the first time. I always feel kinda bad just going through it once and not spending more time in there for gaining levels so I just backtracked this time cause I felt like doing so.

Hiro was at level 7 and I gained about three levels. I just went back and forth thru the two screens over and over, stopping at the Althena Statue ea. time. I made sure to always exit nearest to the statue so I can be refreshed to go through a pass again. It may not be important but it's a nice, early starting trick to stock up on Herbs (herbies... as I like to call them), as there is nowhere to buy them right now. Every-so-often after an enemy battle it'll drop 1 Herb so you're def. lucky if you can pick up a few right now lol. I made sure to go under Tactics in the menu and move Grandpa Gwyn forward towards the enemies as his range is pretty short- he mostly winds up missing a turn just getting closer. I did the pass maybe 3-4x it doesn't take that long to clear all the 2 screens.

You don't HAVE to do this but the monsters are just annoying to deal with in the Blue Spire especially at a lower level so it's a nice cheat to level up now, before moving forward with the story. I decided to just muck around a little bit. I usually leave an area when it isn't worth the time to level up one.

I did this for 50 minutes.

I'll look forward to your post hopefully tomorrow to see where you're at! :)

(If you want I can just go ahead and move forward-on before you see this post.)

Edit: #2.5 session

I got bored and had some extra time tonight so I went inside the Blue Spire. I'm at the Althena's Statue in the Blue Spire. The Spire isn't really a good place to really level as the enemies are imo tougher and give the same amount of exp as the ones in the desert. The spire is really tall with a lot of floors so I like to tackle it in one go (as in not leaving). I'm pretty sure you can leave if you want, but why would you? I'd suggest just making a b-line to the Althena's Statue and gathering your thoughts there, on how to proceed forward. Gwyn is a lot like Jessica in the first game he has heal litanies and hits with a mace so use him to heal Hiro before using up a Herb. I like to spend a lot of time with Gwyn as after this he leaves and doesn't join your party ever again. (The game is pretty linear.) He's pretty helpful doe for the most part.

Hiro calls him 'grandpa' but Gwyn has different ears than him, so who knows if they're even related? They just live in the desert together with all the cactuses and cacti. Gwyn's voice makes me gag he's so old. He only learns 2 more magic skills so you might want to level him up if you want to see them, and hear his cry during battle.

I'm in the Spire right now. I'll be waiting for ya! :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 10:49:16 am by VidKid369 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2022, 03:17:01 pm »
Sylvan Desert

I encountered the Dragonship Destiny. What an entrance! I always loved the idea of the desert "sandship" -- such a cool motif that fits so well with Hiro (and Gywn) and the archaeologist archetype.

I like the concept of Althena's Guard and the return of the Four Heroes. Also, the character design for White Dragon Knight Leo are so awesome ("How amusing. Not only are you country folk rude and ignorant, but your pets are as well.") Ha! I love his character design, and it's nice seeing the beastmen of SSS show up here.

Random thought: Exploring the desert and leveling up, I hate the walking speed, and the dash mechanic is just so broken.

Gwyn's House

Onto Gwyn's camp, the song reminds me a lot of Meribia. In talking to Leo several times, Ruby mentions that he's 25 and never had a girlfriend. Bahaha! I take it this is moreso smart talk rather than fact, but funny none-the-less.

Reading the books in Gwyn's basement, a few comments:
(1) It's nice to see references to both Magic City Vane and Dragonmaster Alex;
(2) I always thought it was cool that they build on the lore of SSS by explaining that the people of Lunar actually come from the mother world, the Blue Star. I tend to forget that the world of Lunar is literally on a moon, rather than a planet.
(3) one of books mentions Althena returning multiple times,
A Brief History of Althena Volume 1: Glorious Rebirth: Every few hundred years, we are blessed with the return of Althena, the Goddess of beauty and love. Althena leads her children into an era of peace and absolute harmony before returning to the heavens...
...so does this mean that there are possibly untold stories of another child of Althena (like Lucia) having returned between SSS and EB? Lot's of opportunity here for other stories, both after EB and before (but after SSS).

Random thought: I've always LOVED the world maps of Lunar and Chrono Trigger. There are no monsters, and you can really take in the scenery and just chew it up. I also like how, in both CT and SSS, you can see the shadows on the land from the sky. Such small details that I love.

Blue Spire

Now into the Blue Spire... it's always nice seeing familiar enemy types, like slimes and those clthuhu-esque one-eyed monsters (this one is called the 'brainpicker').

I also like how the musical theme of this game is used here again as the dungeon music. Something about the song is so quintessentially old school anime. It reminds me a little of Castle in the Sky for some reason. If you're not familiar with it, it's an old Studio Ghibli film from Japan in the 1980's.

I fought through and reached the garden, which is where I'm going to save for now.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 01:56:52 am »
(Sorry, I had to run to the bank earlier today and pay for something.)

Funny thing is when I first saw advertisements for the game in video game magazines I thought Leo looked the coolest out of everyone- all the characters. Once I actually got the game and he made that entrance I wasn't as impressed lol. I think they're making him out to be a stuffy, castrated ol' guard type of character. His 'look' does look pretty cool though being a beastman and the horn. A lot of beastmen don't actually have horns like Jessica but you do see them with one rarely.

Yeah after playing a lot of RPGs my whole life I realized the character does a lot of walking (and never gets tired, and never has to eat). I thought the dash button is too short but I think they just want you to engage more battles that way rather than simply running away all the time.

What Ruby said about Leo not having a girlfriend yet is a running joke in the game. I think they make Leo out to be the type to take his job seriously and having a relationship wouldn't be in the works. He's also 'The White Knight' so maybe there's a sense of purity involved. Working Designs always delivers lines like that about single men who are getting older and having never been in a serious relationship. Maybe they think that's funny? Or awkward?

Regarding Gwyn's books: yes, this reminds me of Vane's Magic Library. I always look forward to thumbing through each book cause I love text. I think they mention Alex as the last Dragonmaster cause Luna decided to become human, remember? So she gave up her goddess powers and was never reborn again. That's also probably why Vane doesn't float anymore cause the goddess/and her powers isn't there in this game.

I always forget which is Lunar and the Blue Star (btw, Lunar refers to the world, 'LUNAR' refers to the video game itself), but both games always take place on the world of Lunar, a.k.a. the moon.

^ This's actually why I like the lore of LUNAR a lot, cause it closely resembles our own planet.

Awe. Boo, to be honest, I've been thinking about Chrono Trigger a lot too recently cause you giving my favorite RPG so much love makes me wanna reciprocate. :) Maybe we can do another Let's Play! for the Chrono games, or maybe I can just do it myself? Sometimes- At times, I wish I would just listen to my heart and play the RPGs that're my favorites and that I know I'll enjoy re-playing and having a good time with rather than buying new games and playing those...

Yeah there're no monsters on the world map of EBC but there were random encounters in LUNAR: The Silver Star. (Sega CD) I say the less encounters the better, haha. ^_^ I'm a pacifist.

Lol at clthuhu spaghetti monster. Yeah I always try to wrap my mind around what "types" of monsters you fight in LUNAR but they're mostly just like flies and bugs and stuff. Like things you find in your kitchen. Have you noticed when defeating a monster, it turns red and beams upwards? I always think they're going back to the Blue Star.

The music is also another big reason why I like LUNAR? I think it's catchy enough to play in your own head. I don't know too much about music but to me it just sounds very Japanese and Asian? Noriyuki Iwadare did a very good job composing the music if you seen the Making of discs he does seem to have that whole mad, loner, crazy composer weirdo vibe thing going on.

I think I saw Castle in the Sky just once and I don't remember at all too much about it.

I'm about to play some more but I'm gonna think about my write-up first before typing and posting it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 02:02:33 am by VidKid369 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2022, 03:30:29 am »
What Ruby said about Leo not having a girlfriend yet is a running joke in the game. I think they make Leo out to be the type to take his job seriously and having a relationship wouldn't be in the works. He's also 'The White Knight' so maybe there's a sense of purity involved. Working Designs always delivers lines like that about single men who are getting older and having never been in a serious relationship. Maybe they think that's funny? Or awkward?

Then I have this to look forward to because I remember none of it. :D

I think they mention Alex as the last Dragonmaster cause Luna decided to become human, remember? So she gave up her goddess powers and was never reborn again. That's also probably why Vane doesn't float anymore cause the goddess/and her powers isn't there in this game.

Yup, if my memory serves correctly -- at the end of SSSC, Vane ends up falling and is no longer airborne. Later, when Alex rescues Luna, he has to pass through some sort of barrier and give up the powers of the Dragonmaster. Luna regains her senses and it's implied that the power of the Dragon artifacts are gone, having disappeared when Alex passed through the barrier. At least that's what I think I remember, haha...

Funny thing is when I first saw advertisements for the game in video game magazines ...

I actually ended up buying Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete on a whim and I went in totally blind. I had recently gotten a PSX and was really into jRPGs, and I liked the art. I ended up picking up SSSC and Vanguard Bandits just because they looked cool.

...I also remember being grounded as I bought them, and I wasn't allowed to play my PSX for about a week after I got the games. It was summertime, there was no school, so it felt like eons. I spent time listening to the soundtrack disc that came with the game and trying to think through what I thought was happening with the songs. I specifically remember having to do chores outside and sweeping the garage with a CD player in the corner, blaring the soundtrack. And then I felt embarrassed when my sisters came out and raised an eyebrow at me, hahaha...

For ages I saw locales in this game everywhere I went. I remember going to some lake in the midwest and thinking that it looked like it could be the village of song, and I kept daydreaming that the Blue Dragon Shrine was rising up out of the lake.

Alright, enough chatter from me. Both of my kids are sick and I'm back to work tomorrow. I have to be up in about 5 hours. It will probably be a solid 20 hours or so until I can play the game again. I plan on at least getting to meet Ronfar, and maybe even getting all the way to caravan. I don't remember exactly how far that is, but I know it's pretty close after the events at the Blue Spire.

Catch ya later, homie!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 03:34:30 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2022, 06:52:05 am »
Then I have this to look forward to because I remember none of it. :D
Ruby gets jabs in on everybody so you have a lot to look forward to.

Later, when Alex rescues Luna, he has to pass through some sort of barrier and give up the powers of the Dragonmaster. Luna regains her senses and it's implied that the power of the Dragon artifacts are gone, having disappeared when Alex passed through the barrier. At least that's what I think I remember, haha...
That is precisely what happened. I believe Luna was already sane at that point and she was just in her goddess-like state-trance. She was talking to Alex like normally. I think it was Alex who ultimately made the decision to give up his powers as Dragonmaster to save Luna from being a goddess for a few hundred years/having to be reborn, cause he wanted to spend his life with her forever in Burg. After that cutscene, it's pretty much implied that the goddess is no more, as well as the dragons and her magic.

I actually ended up buying Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete on a whim
I remember I was like 10 years old and I kept seeing advertisements for lunAr, lunAr, lunAr... (If you notice the "A" is slightly raised in the LUNAR: The Silver Star logo.) It was around the age where I started to become enamored with anime so I loved that this RPG had anime-style character drawings. I used to cut out and save the advertisements too. I remember it was like the late-90s and for the life of me I couldn't find a copy of LUNAR: TSS in-stores or on AOL. What ended up happening was I traded a copy of Final Fantasy III for SNES for an original copy of LUNAR: The Silver Star for Sega CD. Thing was, I DIDN'T HAVE a Sega CD. I spent the next couple of years going to different game stores in California and Nevada hunting for one and I couldn't find one until I just ended up ordering it on Amazon in 2016. I spent a lot of years just listening to the game CD/which was also a soundtrack in a Discman or on my computer. Trying to find a working Sega CD console was like the story of my life for a couple of years. haha lol

It will probably be a solid 20 hours or so until I can play the game again. I plan on at least getting to meet Ronfar, and maybe even getting all the way to caravan.
I was actually afraid you were gonna get quite farther ahead than me as you mentioned you're playing with cheat codes and I'm playing just a normal, straight-forward playthrough on my PS3 with the original PS1 disc so I tried to kinda play ahead a little bit. I guess I'll just take my time. Just to warn ya, I kinda have the habit of doing a lot of "nothing" in RPGs: "like walking around aimlessly, clicking on everything, talking to every NPC over-and-over until they repeat their line, reading the back of signposts..." so if it seems like I'm dilly-dallying - I am, sometimes I just like having a game I like on and getting lost in my own thoughts.

I'm probably gonna have a good session tonight, but I'll keep in mind that you won't be able to play awhile so I'll try not to get too far ahead of ya. Keep up the good work, holmes!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2022, 12:11:37 pm »
I was actually afraid you were gonna get quite farther ahead than me as you mentioned you're playing with cheat codes and I'm playing just a normal, straight-forward playthrough on my PS3 with the original PS1 disc so I tried to kinda play ahead a little bit. I guess I'll just take my time. Just to warn ya, I kinda have the habit of doing a lot of "nothing" in RPGs: "like walking around aimlessly, clicking on everything, talking to every NPC over-and-over until they repeat their line, reading the back of signposts..." so if it seems like I'm dilly-dallying - I am, sometimes I just like having a game I like on and getting lost in my own thoughts.

This is a relief for me. I was afraid I was playing too slowly! I'm actually okay going at a slow pace, just by nature of how insane my life is right now, haha...

So far I'm not using any cheats, but I do have them on hand if I need them. Mainly for exploits to get more Silver.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2022, 07:27:15 pm »
Alright I'll keep in mind to go slow. I'll probably take my sweet-time and grind in spots and stuff. Tbh, I'll probably just make it to Larpa and wait for you there.