Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > General Discussion

Let's Play 2023 - LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete

<< < (45/56) > >>

VidKid369:
Nice, dude.

A lot of gaming news has happened to me the last few days. So I basically "beat" Dragon Quest 11 I mean the credits rolled and everything but there seems to be some post-game carp I'm trying to get though. Rn I feel kinda tired of the game tbh like it just won't die or end but it looks like I'm pretty close to finishing it so might's as well. It seems like a 100-hr. JRPG for sure. I'm not surprised in the least cause I put 195 hours into Dragon Warrior VII it was really strange reaching 80hrs in that game and knowing you only finished half of the story. lol Yeah. Dragon Quest VIII was a really fun experience though I really hope they remaster it and put it out on PS4 Pro or somethin'. :thumbsup:

I've been sorta gravitating back towards FF games, just in the last few hours I've been noticing. I had a grand time with FFXV and now I just got-in Final Fantasy VII Remake and I just love my thoughts I'm having when I'm playing it. I dunno if it's nostalgia or rememberance. But it's comfort. I'm kinda sorta into shopping for video game trinkets and stuff like little toys aside from just game boxes and jewel discs. I dunno, why? lol

Star Ocean: First Departure R is pretty basic, and simple and my thoughts is so stoic playing through the beginning. lol I kinda like that about me. I sorta lean to "basic, simple, beginner" RPGs like Mystic Quest and the like. There's something ... about it.

Keep up the super dad stuff!

As for me, I'm still staying up an extra 2-3 days now just gaming, getting work done and enjoying my life. I just hate sleep. After 72 hours of no sleep - actually falling asleep and waking up doesn't really do anything for me anymore like it doesn't make me feel rested or even good anymore. I think a lot has to do with the heat here in the Philippines it affects me and everythig I do so-much. I know you're a runner have you ever tried Liquid I.V. before? It's like a rehydration+electrolyte drink mix. Tbh, I was so desperate to feel that 'hydrated' feeling I ordered some and tried it I think it works pretty well. I have also cut out energy drinks, and instead have been guzzling back down Gatorade like oldschool style. Water doesn't do anything for me - "in this heat" - I think researchers are right when they say you need more than just simple water to rehydrate properly you need the electrolytes, the salt & minerals that your body sweats out to go back in. The heat/hydration factor has been killer for me the 5 years I've been here but I think I'm starting to figure out the lack.

I've sorta been gaming/and watching/researching/analyzing Survivor with such a fury recently, and just sorta taking a nap or lying down during the daytime when the heat is the worst and waiting for it to pass, sorta moving around more at nighttime.

Anyway hope you're enjoying!

VidKid369:
Hi, Boo! Are you still there?

So rn I'm doing the Hard mode for FF7R and trying to collect all the trophies. It's really fun. Most of the time I'm spending time e-windowshopping for RPGs to add to my wishlist, and trying to get my hands on some hard2find RPGs here. The market seems diff from the US so I'm still studying it a little bit but I'm having good luck so far with getting stuff I want. :thumbsup:

Boo the Gentleman Caller:
Hey man,

I had a reply drafted but apparently never pressed send. I'm alive and kicking, just underwater. School is out and the kids are home for summer break, so it's a madhouse in these parts. I also started that new job role at work, but they haven't backfilled my old job, so I'm pulling double duty. I'm in the office every day for the past three weeks or so, and will be until the second week of July. It's exhausting, and not leaving much time for games, haha...

I'll catch up with you shortly. Hope you're doing good, man. I'm glad you're loving FF7R and and hopefully you saw the trailer this weekend for the sequel! It looks AMAZING!

VidKid369:
Hey, Boo.

I got a couple of games:

- Harvest Moon: Child of Hope Complete Special Edition
- Star Ocean: First Departure R (PSN)
- Dragon Quest Builders 1
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSN)
- Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
- Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
- .hack//G.U. Last Recode

I also ordered a few more coming in:
-Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
-Secret of Mana (PS4)
-Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
-Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Been really excited about my PS4 Pro, and I'm collecting for it rn. I think I'm gon concentrate on the Atelier series since I like it so much. Lemme know what you think!! :p

Boo the Gentleman Caller:
Man, I'm jealous of all the Atelier you're about to play! It also looks like you have a solid backlog for the near future.

--- Quote ---- .hack//G.U. Last Recode
--- End quote ---

I played the very first .hack game back on the PS2 and enjoyed it, but never got around to beating it. I remember getting frustrated at some point (probably a difficulty spike) and never got around to finishing it. They did the Last Recode remaster a few years back and boy do I wish they'd do the entire series as a single game remaster.

Same with the Xenosaga trilogy. I never did finish the trilogy and I'd really like to; I loved the first game, enjoyed what I played of the second, and never got to touch the third one.

--- Quote ----Secret of Mana (PS4)
--- End quote ---

A nice retro remaster. The Switch remake of Trials of Mana is excellent, as well. Secret of Mana is one of my favorite games of all time - right up there with Chrono Trigger and Elder Scrolls: Morrowind.

--- Quote ---- Star Ocean: First Departure R (PSN)
--- End quote ---

A nice one! I played both the original SNES (via an English translation ROM hack) and the PSP First Departure, and I picked up the First Departure R, as well.

The Second Story (aka Second Evolution on the PSP) is the best of the series, IMO. I also hear that it's getting an update similar to First Departure R, so I'm waiting with bated breath. It literally just leaked in the past few days and hasn't officially been announced, but it's much needed.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

As for me, I've had very little gaming time but I have been delving a little into both Final Fantasy XV and finally into Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. I'm on Chapter 3 of Final Fantasy XV and have been going around collecting the Royal Arms and fishing (ha), so it's slow progress. LoZ has been amazing, though. I could gush but I won't, haha...

Seeing that you just finished Final Fantasy VII Remake, did you see the trailer for part 2? It looks friggin' fabulous. Did you get to play the Intergrade version? I have so many questions with the last ending with Zack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version