Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 54007 times)

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #480 on: November 01, 2023, 02:13:52 am »
either Chrono Trigger or Mario 3, leaning toward Mario 3.

However you tell me. If you know of the prequel or sequel to Terranigma lemme know. I for one was confused at the end. The whole final parts of the game got confusing, as there were two 'girls' and i kept forgetting by hair color who was suppose to be "your" girl from the underworld verse the one above from Stockholm. The end I THINK was suppose to mean a lead in to something unfinished, so I didnt consider it a tragedy. if i got more drawn into it, i suppose the overall plot was horrendously sad, one of those 'it was all a dream'....sort of. again, confusing for me still. im looking forward to someday replaying it.

What got me was how it had one of its "memorable moments". Chrono Trigger has several, that depressing feeling when you arrive in 2300AD, the first time you hear Chrono's Theme, time when you know your lost as crap. the horrible music of Zozo from FF6, that stuff. In Terrinigma for me, the "aw shit" moment for me when i play it again will be Lahran (or was it Louran?) due to the game's annoying physics, I was in that nightmare in the desert for hours (and given how little i play during the day...weeks) trying to figure out where the hell to go before realizing that one enemy walked into a crevice in the wall. That is going to be a song for me along with level 3 of marble madness which will dwell up in me an "oh crap not this again, the horror!" thought. Its like that moment when a boss jumps out at you and your out of everything and those most awful thought hits you "when was the last time I saved" which is the worst thing you can think.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 01, 2023, 05:18:14 pm »
either Chrono Trigger or Mario 3, leaning toward Mario 3.

Go for SM3. It's a great game and it will help changes things up. It won't be as much of a time sink, and if you still want to play Chrono Trigger after, you can.

If you know of the prequel or sequel to Terranigma lemme know.

Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia are the other two, but they aren't true sequels or prequels - just more thematically similar games where the hero has to face off against an incarnation of Satan/evil. There's definitely some heaven/hell vibes to the series. Terranigma is the last of the three and by far my favorite.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2024, 02:17:23 am »
I finished Mario 3 a few days ago, holidays are hard for me. Anyhow, I got 3 whistles but didnt use em. did every level. I got the N spade house like a dozen times, but didnt find the white ship.

Now I started Super Mario World, 96* here I come!

Up next week will be Mario World Yoshi's Island. I hated the kiddy graphics as a kid, but I've gotten past em and enjoy the game.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 15, 2024, 12:02:37 pm »
Now I started Super Mario World, 96* here I come!

Yeah! And you know you have to get to the secret bonus levels at the end of the game. I think it was all for the Star Road, and it has funny level names like "Groovy" and stuff.

Up next week will be Mario World Yoshi's Island. I hated the kiddy graphics as a kid, but I've gotten past em and enjoy the game.

I always heard this game was fantastic, and even better than the first Super Mario World. Unfortunately, it was late in the SNES lifecycle, so I never got to play it outside of demo's at the store. Let me know how it is!

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 24, 2024, 12:43:17 am »
I guess I'm still technically new here, but if theres any videogame you want to play on emulator from 1980 to 2002, ive got absolutly every ROM, id be happy to email you a copy.

I'm playin Yoshi's Island, woo! I'm in snow land for now, so far got perfect scores for the first 4 worlds. Saving the bonus levels for the end.

Up next...I'm thinking of playing Seiken Densetsu 3 or Final Fantasy Tactics