Author Topic: Edit events TF  (Read 1150 times)

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Edit events TF
« on: October 26, 2022, 08:46:10 pm »
Hello again to all,

I am very sorry that I have opened like 5 topics and always asking for help, but you are helping me in play this game I really enjoy since kid with my likes.

Please, can someone tell me if I can modify the Nu that can change name of the characters? I want to make him appear before Chrono returns, since in that time it is almost end-game so it doesn't have much case.

I want to make him appear after the site is burned or some time before or after that event, and want to make him able to change the name of the second character of the party, is it possible in TF?

I don't know how to modify the name of my characters in hex so I have to try that haha.

Thank you in advance, and I promisse this will be my lasts requests :D

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Edit events TF
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 10:36:29 pm »
That's easy enough. Just open up the Laruba ruins map, open its script and then scroll down till you find the Nu. It'll have a story point condition.  Just change that to a lower number. 64 I think is after Tyrano lair.

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 10:43:48 pm »
Hello IHBP and thank you for the kind answer.

I think the Nu can only change the first character member's name; can I make him be able to change the second one? :D

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 03:34:18 am »
In the Laruba ruins events, go to the command at [03A3]. It's currently GetPC1(Mem.7F021C).

On the Left, change Command to Mem-to-Mem, Load From 7E2981, and Store to 7F021C. Width should be One Byte. Generally you can ignore variant and let Temporal Flux figure that out on its own. You can also change the textbox above it to read {PC2} instead of {PC1}.

This solution has the drawback of only changing the second character's name. If you want a more complex solution to change either the first or second character, let me know.

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 10:16:10 pm »
I really thank you friend Nu,

I will first get to Laruba ruins events in my playthrough and then try your awesome solution, hope I can make it work.

Thank you again, if I cannot make it work, hope you don't mind if I ask you for help :)