Author Topic: Wall bug in Schala Edition  (Read 2191 times)

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Wall bug in Schala Edition
« on: October 20, 2022, 11:43:52 pm »
Hello everyone, I am sorry to ask something so basic but, I have found a slight bug in a tile of the Schala Edition hack, this is specifically an added room with 3 cells and 3 prisoners, the bug is that the lower wall does not have the feature of the characters being covered by it, it seems more as if you could go through it and it was the ground, that is, when walking down, instead of running into the wall and it covers the characters, this does not happen and the character can go through it.
I tried with TF to find the room and I didn't find it either, I don't know if it is because it is an extra room of the hack, but I would like to know if you can help me modify that wall and not let the characters go through it, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks in advance.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Wall bug in Schala Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 12:45:20 am »
How is that room accessed? That will tell you if it's a new room or an add on to an existing map.

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 12:48:57 am »
In the cells where Chrono is captive, it is the room before the one that has the NPC that is going to be executed in the guillotine.

Can you help me, please?

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 11:04:51 pm »
Yeah but first you will absolutely have to find the room in temporal Flux.

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 11:29:55 pm »
I cannot find it U_U

I have searched a lot one by one and nothing :(

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I go to locations and then one by one even the "unknown" ones and there is not the room :(

The tileset is the one that uses the cells, but the room is not there as it is in the game, maybe it doesn't need to be exactly as it appears in the game, but I just have to find the room that somewhat resembles it? Or I do have to find the exact room as it appears in-game?

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 10:16:50 am »
You only need to search the maps that have that tileset. Just find the prison maps it's in one of them. After you find it it'll be really easy to fix.

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 01:41:32 am »
Okay my friend, I will find that room.

Until that, can I ask another help? I think I mess up in the name of Robo and want to change it back to Robo hahaha, can I do it by editing the game? Or I must wait until I see the Nu?

Sorry to ask that and thank you in advance.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 11:21:05 am »
You could open the savestate in a hex editor and fix the name, but I'd just wait till the nu.

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 04:37:34 pm »
Sorry to bother friend, but I can't continue my playthrough with the name I put on Robo hahaha, please, can you help me teaching how to use hex to modify its name?

I have searched everywhere, and some topics asks for this same question, but Geiger told them that it is possible that the names are in the first pages but he is unsure how to do it.

I have the HxD program but don't know how to do it.

Can you tell me how to do it if you can? :)

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 05:10:13 pm »
Editing .srm is a little complicated due to the checksum at the end.

The letters are here: https://bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/ctcset.html ("A0 to FF")
and the .srm layout is here: https://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Chrono_Trigger:RAM_map

For Robo's name, you can change five bytes starting at 0x5C2 for the first save slot (or a later offset for another save slot). ("Robo" is spelled "B1 C8 BB C8 00" in my .srm.)

You'll need to update the checksum at the end, 0x1FF0. I found code here which does it: https://github.com/mikearnos/snessum/blob/master/snessum.c#L145

I will try to write python which will do the job. I will edit later...

...edit: a script attached. It's not very well-written; I'm not a programmer. But I think it works.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 12:42:45 pm by trig »

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 05:37:45 pm »
Thank you my friend, just a little extra help, could you please tell me as I don't know anything about hex, please?

1. Open savestate, or save file or what?
2. I click in HxD on search, or how?

Sorry, really, but I appreciate the help.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 12:49:33 pm »
If you can run a python script, you can use the new attachment in my last post. (I used ".txt" in the name to upload it here; you can rename it ".py".)

It will rename a character in the save slot you choose. Run it many times to change more than one character's name.

Dealdec

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 11:39:56 pm »
Okay my friend I will try it in a few days and tell how it goes, thank you for your kind help :D

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2023, 05:46:30 pm »
Sorry about that. I'm working on a bugfix release right now and have rectified this issue.