Author Topic: What happens to Lavos post 2300 AD?  (Read 4688 times)

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
What happens to Lavos post 2300 AD?
« on: August 13, 2022, 05:40:54 am »
So in the year 2300 AD Lavos sits atop Death Peak where it reproduces asexually, creating Lavos Spawns that eventually are supposed to take off and continue the cycle.

Mother Brain states that, given enough time, the planet will heal. Question is, is that possible as long as Lavos still lives? What happens to it once its "purpose" is complete? Does it live forever on the surface of the planet, or does it leave the planet after some time to find different planets? Or, does it simply die after a certain amount of time?

What do you think?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: What happens to Lavos post 2300 AD?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 06:53:11 pm »
I always figured the parent would die, and the spawn would go off into space (with the genetic material acquired on that planet) and repeat the cycle.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:35:56 pm »
I've also thought Lavos was, if not dead, then not long for the world. It already fulfilled its purpose, as it were. Evolved enough, wrecked the world so its spawn could grow enough more or less in peace, then once they leave for off-distant worlds... it'll die.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 09:02:04 am »
In 2300ad, Lavos' life-cycle is in its reproduction phase, drawing on the genetic material and magic of the earth to create stronger, fitter Lavos spawns. Once these spawns mature, I think they would consume the flesh & energy of Lavos, killing him in the process, and then depart for other planets. Lavos would willingly die this way, as his own life would be complete, and it would maximize his offspring's chance to survive, thrive, and continue the cycle. Likewise, if any of his spawn came out dysfunctional or otherwise unfit, it would be killed & consumed by Lavos. All this is in accordance with Darwinism, which applies even to him, and there are species irl who do as I described.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 11:30:32 pm »
I always thought Death Peak was literally the dormant Lavos (possibly encased in solidified magma from the eruption), and the spawn were there as they were staying close to home before eventually departing.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 01:18:20 pm »
yeah, well... believe can