Author Topic: Back to lurking and more in the Chronoverse.  (Read 3026 times)

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Back to lurking and more in the Chronoverse.
« on: May 27, 2022, 05:30:03 pm »
Hey all.  It's been a few years since I've lurked around here.  The recent re-release of Chrono Cross has got Chrono back to the front of my mind, not to mention the passage of time.  So much has changed in the world since 2015.  Just when you begin to think you might be in the Ideal Timeline, reality throws you a curveball and you wish you could open a dimensional portal someplace else, or maybe go back in time to make a few changes.  Barring Lucca becoming real and inventing something that will enable us to do that, all we really have is this dreamspace to reminisce about what was and what might be.  How many of the old gang are still around?

I've been continuing on my Chrono Trigger novel project whenever I get struck by the writing bug.  There's quite a bit more material than the chapters I've already posted here, and I may post those at a future date if there's enough interest.  In the meantime, I've been struck by the urge, insane as it is, to start on a reboot novelization of Chrono Cross.  It can't be called canon, since I have a number of changes planned that just can't fully mesh with the world we already know, but I try and keep it as close to the original story as possible and make any changes feel organic rather than arbitrary.  I've already posted what little I've written in the fan-fiction section and am looking forward to some feedback.

It's good to see all of you again.  Maybe something good can yet come out of this timeline.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Back to lurking and more in the Chronoverse.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 09:20:21 pm »
The best we can do is make the best of the timeline we're in (as much as I'd like the planet to grant me a red gate to go back to a singular, pivotal moment in history to make things better).

Glad to see you back around and continuing your writing efforts. If nothing else, I find writing a wonderful use of downtime, even if what I write never goes anywhere. It feels productive and like I'm somehow exercising my mental muscles. Keep up the radical dreaming!