Author Topic: Vtuber debut  (Read 2943 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Vtuber debut
« on: April 21, 2022, 03:50:39 am »
So, a lot has been looking up in my life. I debuted as a vtuber about 2 weeks ago, and ever since, my anxiety has plummeted and my confidence has shot up. I'm almost affiliate on Twitch as of this post.

I've also reflected on my twenties, including my early time here. I was rather immature and divorced from reality. I believe after being unbanned due to a misunderstanding, I still threw a tantrum about having been in the first place. It's embarrassing to think as a then-22 year old, that was how I acted, even at that age.

I still have social issues due to my being on the spectrum, but I've been trying my best to take accountability of any mistakes I've made. I used to use my Asperger's as a crutch. I still bring it up, but in the sense that I'm trying my best, but I'm slower than the rest.

I recently got interviewed on a podcast. Forgive the stuttering; I have a rather nasty habit of... I'm going to call it "speech blocking." That is, the things I want to say may suddenly elude me mid-sentence. It's embarrassing, but the alternative would be long awkward pauses between answers.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 03:51:56 am by Schala Zeal »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
Re: Vtuber debut
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 08:48:48 pm »
Don't worry about it. I was kind of a shit here too if anyone's around to remember.

Glad to hear, Schala - I've got you followed on Youtube and Twitch. I'm not missing anything am I?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 01:42:17 am »
I believe after being unbanned due to a misunderstanding, I still threw a tantrum about having been in the first place. It's embarrassing to think as a then-22 year old, that was how I acted, even at that age.

To be honest, I don't remember you ever being banned. It must not have been that serious, if that's any peace of mind. :)

I still have social issues due to my being on the spectrum, but I've been trying my best to take accountability of any mistakes I've made. I used to use my Asperger's as a crutch. I still bring it up, but in the sense that I'm trying my best, but I'm slower than the rest.

But on the spectrum or not, we all mess up from time-to-time; the phrase "to err is human" comes to mind. And to be honest, we often beat ourselves up much more than anyone else possibly could. I know I still cringe and get uncomfortable thinking back on some of my IRL behaviors in my late teens and early-twenties, and I'm not living with any form of autism on the spectrum. I think many people - at least those capable of reflection - feel similarly, haha...

I recently got interviewed on a podcast. Forgive the stuttering ...

I don't have time to listen to the whole interview, but I did listen to the first ten minutes or so and didn't even notice any stuttering. It sounded to me like normal conversation - any "stuttering" was moreso you being distracted by Discord notifications, hahaha!

All in all, I'm glad you're finding your voice and identity. I hope you're having fun, because that's equally important. I have heard of multiple actors who overcome shyness or other personal limitations through acting, as they get to become another person (in a way) through the acting - I imagine vtubing would be similar.

I don't watch Twitch, but did give you a Youtube sub. I'll take special care to watch any videos you post.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 02:27:51 am »
Thanks. Just posted perhaps the longest video I've ever done. It's a compare and contrast of Chris Chandler and myself, as far as what is and what isn't autism. There's a lot I tell about myself in it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHbg3_mAx08

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 02:12:04 am »
Won some chibi art in a contest. This girl has talent!