Author Topic: Chrono Cross Remaster and Radical Dreamers Localization Announced!  (Read 31708 times)

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Remaster and Radical Dreamers Localization Announced!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 03:50:13 pm »
Well, at least maybe Square will see there still is interest in Chrono. Who knows what might happen. A FFVII Remake style treatment for Chrono Trigger would be pretty amazing.

GasparXR

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 05:05:41 pm »
Super excited for this!! The Radical Dreamers inclusion is the most unexpected part for me... The fact they finally acknowledge Cross is enough, but they even went through the effort of translating RD too. I'm happy to be in this timeline right now.  :)

Pictou

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 02:47:22 am »
I'm excited to experience a new translation of Radical Dreamers, even though I like the Demiforce one a lot, it'll be interesting to compare the two after 20 years.

And while I expected something like the FF8 remaster for Chrono Cross (New PSP-like character models for the central characters) that new portrait artwork is appreciated, and CC's original graphics still hold up really well for PSX anyway.
(Edit: Actually, it does appear the battle models are new. Nice!)

Also, Chrono Cross being relevant again could mean new Bring Arts figures for Serge and Kid. Square's been making figures for all their PlayStation hits (Xenogears, FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, etc) and Cross has been curiously absent!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 02:21:22 pm by Pictou »

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 09:02:08 am »
New Chrono Cross figures would be cool. I only have the Kotobukiya Serge statue, which I paid more for than I care to admit... I wish I could find the Kid one somewhere. Would probably give a kidney for that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 09:07:20 am by Beach Bum »

Epiphron

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2022, 06:41:01 am »
If the AVA thing ended up being for this, I'll admit, part of me would be disappointed as it'd mean it wasn't for a surprise Xenogears remake/remaster (as Mitsuda has said he was inspired by Irish music when making its soundtrack). Still, it's great then, that the Cross remaster could be getting  some expansion beyond minor tweaks.

Having an Irish song does admittedly feel more like a Xenogears thing, but I doubt they would do a remaster/remake of that game without getting Tetsuya Takahashi/Monolith Soft involved, and I suspect he's got his hands full working on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 anyway. As Ema pointed out, it seems Mitsuda is only making one new track (his Japanese tweet was ambiguous between singular and plural interpretations), which maybe makes it more likely that it's a song. Whether it's the AVA/Anúna thing though, who knows...

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2022, 03:16:46 pm »
I'm just happy Chrono is being talked about again. We need stuff like this if we ever hope to see the series continued in any capacity. It'll also be interesting to replay again and scour over every little detail to see if they've changed anything. Even minor stuff only super-fans like us would notice.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2022, 07:18:55 pm »
Yasunori Mitsuda mentioned on his Twitter account that there will be new tracks too, something that might indicate that there will be some new scenarios!

On this note, I feel one of the updated models needs to be addressed:

Guile looks a lot more...    ..."Janus"y, this time around...    considering that they're already including the one canon where he actually *found* Schala properly, I wonder...  ????

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2022, 07:26:45 pm »
Certainly, CTDS being a port didn't stop them from adding new content. The problem would be the fact we've yet to be told there will be for CC. Even for CTDS we knew before release of the new content from news and stuff. Guess we might see in between now and the release date.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2022, 07:31:39 pm »
Certainly, CTDS being a port didn't stop them from adding new content. The problem would be the fact we've yet to be told there will be for CC. Even for CTDS we knew before release of the new content from news and stuff. Guess we might see in between now and the release date.

*coughcoughleaks and datamining regarding omgholyshitwtfdreamdevourer*

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 01:51:30 am »
*coughcoughleaks and datamining regarding omgholyshitwtfdreamdevourer*

Sure, it still took until the game was practically out (if leaked) to find about that. Yet, when it was just about first announced:

https://kotaku.com/square-enix-confirms-chrono-trigger-ds-5021416

Their list of features already talked about a "new dungeon" (Lost Sanctum) and "wireless multiplayer battles" (Arena of the Ages). Yet there was nothing similar for CC's announcement. Nothing's guarantee yet, but I'm still pointing out that CTDS already told us of bonus content since Day 1 of news, but for CC we didn't got that.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2022, 11:06:35 am »
Yasunori Mitsuda mentioned on his Twitter account that there will be new tracks too, something that might indicate that there will be some new scenarios!

On this note, I feel one of the updated models needs to be addressed:

Guile looks a lot more...    ..."Janus"y, this time around...    considering that they're already including the one canon where he actually *found* Schala properly, I wonder...  ????

Are they thinning out the character models or is it just me? Sometimes it looks like it to me...but my last few play throughs have been on a Vita, and I've done a lot of playing around with the screen-stretching feature to try to simulate it being widescreen. So it could just be that I'm used to a more stretched out image...

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 06:41:30 pm »
bear in mind, it's possible the classic mode has a feature to stretch the game screen to fit anyways. If anything, it suggests to me that "HD mode" may, surprisingly, have the same feature.

However, Guile's jaw definitely used to be shaped like that before they erm... edgelorded it

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2022, 01:25:10 am »
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/719830/chrono-cross-music-box-chrono-cross-scars-of-time

Oh, hell yes. I have always wanted a music box related to the Chrono series. Though tbh I kind of wish it were CT. $18 doesn't seem like a bad price. Maybe I'll check out those other music boxes as well.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2022, 06:59:50 pm »
https://twitter.com/chronogame/status/1495043242584207360

Quote from: Kid
   Sorry, mum.
   I don't believe in
   fortune-tellin' at all.

"Mum" has become "dearie" for some reason. Does this mean there is going to be a new translation? If so, why was it not mentioned along with the other changes? Will we have the option to play with the original script, like how we can disable the graphics filters?

If the game isn't getting a remake, I want the original translation. One of the things that excited me about the remaster's announcement was that there was no mention of any changes in that regard. Now I'm worried about a repeat of the Chrono Trigger DS hackjob.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 07:08:05 pm by Razig »