News and Updates > Chrono News

Chrono Cross Remaster and Radical Dreamers Localization Announced!

(1/25) > >>

ZeaLitY:
You heard right. The Radical Dreamers localization is new, too, as spotted by our beloved Lucy Romana. Get ready to suddenly have to change the name of every Radical Dreamers character in the encyclopedia, lmao.

Here's a tweet comparing graphics: Link

But we can't leave Chrono Trigger out of this auspicious news. I'm happy to report that eezzzz has acquired another Japanese prerelease magazine! Check it out here! We'll get it on the Compendium soon. And of course, if you can translate, there are literally tons of these scans hiding Chrono Trigger development secrets, just waiting to be rendered into English...

Vehek:
Also, as the Demiforce team took some liberties at times, it may affect documentation of events.

I noticed from the samples a difference in translation style: the official uses past tense rather than the present tense I expect from visual novels, even in the choices. Looking up the reasons visual novels are often written in present tense, maybe it's because the story is supposed to be a diary/journal.

I wonder, though, if this makes utunnels' online version a risk now.

Radical_Dreamer:
Interesting. Guess I'll find out how many liberties the fan translation took, especially with the more out there scenarios.

Epiphron:
Yasunori Mitsuda mentioned on his Twitter account that there will be new tracks too, something that might indicate that there will be some new scenarios!

Maybe that would include the mysterious Irish language song that Éabha McMahon/AVA mentioned she was writing the lyrics for in an interview last October -- for a "remake of a PlayStation game", in collaboration with Mitsuda and Anúna.

Acacia Sgt:
If the AVA thing ended up being for this, I'll admit, part of me would be disappointed as it'd mean it wasn't for a surprise Xenogears remake/remaster (as Mitsuda has said he was inspired by Irish music when making its soundtrack). Still, it's great then, that the Cross remaster could be getting  some expansion beyond minor tweaks.

--- Quote from: Radical_Dreamer on February 10, 2022, 04:57:11 am ---Interesting. Guess I'll find out how many liberties the fan translation took, especially with the more out there scenarios.

--- End quote ---

RIP Mick Van Jovi.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version