Author Topic: Colliseum V 2.0  (Read 1848 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« on: September 05, 2005, 07:47:26 pm »
OK, took awhile but here is the patch for Colliseum V. 2.0

http://ce.herograw.com/Zeal/Coliseum2.0.ips

Please play through and post anything that you think should be changed, here's how to get to it for testing

start game
walk to zenan bridge and there's a blatantly out of place door
Go through door and walk east till you see the colliseum

Here's how to play hard fights
Talk to waitress in the right room three times
leave, come back
talk to entry guy (left desk)

Play through and post any mistakes, There's bound to be things I put in there for "testing purposes" that I forgot to take out.  If you post errors I'll add them to this post and fix them over time.

Here's what I reallllllllllly would like from you guys because I know for a fact that there are people here who are amazing at text stuff

I want three riddles that point to locations in the chrono trigger universe, it could even be  a person.  (this will be how people activate harder difficulties in the real game)

A cool description for the trophy the player wins by winning the hard difficulty

Other text changes period

Thanks in advance.

KNOWN BUGS:

I have dying turned off for beta testing
If you get over 255 BP it resets to 0 -----FIXED
Can get through guards after they move back in place
equip handicaps restore HP-------working on it

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 08:11:18 pm »
I've decided to organize the errors better

KNOWN ERRORS

Text errors
-Need Riddles
--Aitrus is writing them

Visual errors
-Room to meet owner of Colliseum
--done

BP errors
-If you get over 255 BP it resets to 0
--FIXED

Handicap Errors:
-equip handicaps restore HP
--Fixed-Kudos to JLukas

Fight errors:
-I can't die
--I have dying turned off for beta testing--So...done

-The Mud Imp ran away instead of dying at the end. You might change the enemy so the player won't get an easy win because it fled.
--I'll change him

-The Tubster on Level 6 is a pretty weak enemy just because he only has one attack (two actually, but the second is VERY rare). You could bump him down a few notches and let the Goon replace him.
--Will do

-The Black Omen enemies are still awarding high-end items like HyperEthers. We could just have something in the events to automatically deduct one of the item an enemy gives, but we can't do that for charms.
--I don't have any idea what to do...(they don't drop the item every time so we couldn't really even deduct the item everytime)

-Should the Omnicrone Spekkio go before the Pink Nu?
--My fault, that should be a blue nu, I changed him because it was easier for testing

-OUCH! We'll have to make sure the Super Armor really lets a single player beat this difficulty. If he can't, we might have to tone it down somewhat
--I'll change it so the 7th hard fight is a different fight

OTHER

-Hide keys throughout the CT universe that they have to find to unlock harder difficulties
--done

-Can get through guards after they move back in place
--I've tried and can't do this....I know it looks bad but they are on "half tiles" So I can't move them back to their original spots

-Need to add that player can't enter before EoT
--FIXED

-Win a ultimate Item
--Getting tricky

-Use item to trigger meeting owner
--Need above

-The savestate I'm testing with is at the Magic Kingdom in the storyline. The End of Time screen won't let me substitute my players back in to form a full party. You could just automatically add Lucca and Marle back at the end, since by the time the Coliseum is available (End of Time), they'll already be in for good.
--Gotta try some code I've thought up that might fix this.

-Since the music track is a little short, we could use it for the first room, something else for the second, and Great Battle (used with Masamune in Denandoro Mts.) for the level 7 monster.
 --I never listed to the music track(fast forwarded every fight) I just chose it because if I'm not mistaked Battle II was never used and I thought that was cool.  So yea I'll change it.

-Sometimes the battles just don't start at the very beginning, but I can't isolate why. It's only happened like 2 times out of 10.--I've only experienced this while fast forwarding, but yea it happens.  I have No idea why...it may be unfixable

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 08:46:37 pm »
Wow, two Pink Nus are damn near impossible.

Perhaps a more rewarding prize for people who actually do beat the hardest level? A suped up weapon would be much preferred over a trophy.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 09:40:42 pm »
damn near impossible at the level you fought them at...but this is for people who do level up to ** and want a challenge

So far everyone wants a super weapon, maybe I'm crazy but I don't see the point of a super weapon as the last thing you get in the game, but if that's what people want I guess that's what they should get, I may request a poll to see.

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 09:55:23 pm »
My whole party is at ** and it's still tough.

One attack from the Pink Nu almost wipes out my enitre party (800+ damage Luminaire). I defeated them yes, but it is extremely difficult.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 12:05:41 am »
Well, it's good you can defeat them. We needed some testing like that.

I tend to agree about the weapon; at that point, weapons are almost moot. What are you going to do with the new weapon, save beat the two pink Nu over and over again? It might be more applicable and interesting to have a charm that aids the player throughout the game -- especially new game +.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 12:21:04 am »
Awesome thank you so much Janus, we seriously were discussing that we needed someone to see if it was possible.  I figured with green dreams and maybe a lifeline it would be but, well you never know.  If they can be beat I'm definately not dumbing down the hard difficulty.  

Janus, if it's not to much to ask, could you find a way to get in there with every character (including magus) and see what happens if you fight solo?

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 02:22:58 am »
Going solo is impossible at this point. Thus far I've managed to reach level 7. I was killed in 2 moves and never got to attack. It took a little luck for me to even get that far as Spekio sometimes (although rarely) attacks twice in one turn, and I did use save states in one instance.

Funny thing is, my character continued to advance, regardless ow whether I won or lost.

I have figured out a pattern used to defeat a Pink Nu.

Nu - Flare/Dark Matter/Luminaire
Me (in this case Magus) - Ultimate Attack
Nu - Hallation
Me - Full Heal using item
Repeat

Without full health recovery items, I would say it's impossible. The only real reason I beat him was because of Hallation. Since it isn't a death blow, it allowed me time to heal.

I used almost all my healing items, and I had 99 of everything.

JZ

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 02:27:11 am »
Having retried level 7 again I managed to last quite a while longer. However, eventually one Nus uses Hallation and then the other uses Flare/DM/Luminaire, so I was killed.

One other thing, if you chose to fight solo you are stuck with only 1 character for the remainder of the game.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 03:02:11 am »
Funny thing is, my character continued to advance, regardless ow whether I won or lost.

I have dying turned off for testing purposes, in the final version you'll be teleported to the entry desk.

One other thing, if you chose to fight solo you are stuck with only 1 character for the remainder of the game.

Yea, in the final version you'll use the Y button to switch characters back in after the fights.

What I meant by testing going solo, is can you get every character, (magus, ayla, lucca, robo, marle, crono, frog) and see if you can still use fight solo after you have recruited them.   I don't know if you have a way to automatically hack that, I'd also like to someone to see what it looks like when you press Y after going solo too.  I know this is alot of work but it's bugs like this that beta testing is for.

--jp

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 11:02:57 am »
It's still too difficult, regardless. The player is only receiving a Nova Armor at this point; unless a new weapon/armor is in the works, tone it down.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
a
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 12:16:49 pm »
Going solo is impossible at this point. Thus far I've managed to reach level 7

Yea, the way I was thinking about it before is would people rather have a super hard party fight or a super hard solo fight, and decided people would rather have a super hard party fight (double/triple techs).  But, now that I think about it...Why not both.  I've been given permission to put Ozzie Flea and slash in and was wondering where.

You could beat them by yourself right?

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 05:06:19 pm »
Yes, rather easily.

Every character works, except for Ayla. Since all her attacks are physical, she cannot do any damage to the Pink Nu.

JZ

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 11:46:45 pm »
Sorry to bug you again Janus

But what did the Change character screen look like after you recruited all your characters, and then clicked to fight solo?  Did it just put two random members underneath crono on the left?

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Colliseum V 2.0
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 04:46:35 pm »
No, there are two blank spots below your first character.

JZ