Author Topic: Another Eden x Chrono Cross Collaboration  (Read 13053 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Eden x Chrono Cross Collaboration
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 12:23:52 am »
I'm not a fan of the voice acting. I know everybody has their own headcanon of what the characters sound like, but Kid sounds too old and Harle's accent is so ridiculously over-the-top that she's almost impossible to understand. Oddly enough, Serge sounds okay.

See, I'm in the exact opposite camp. Serge sounded so blase fair and didn't really sound cool, but Kid's Australian accent made her shine and I really liked her voice. Harle sounded good too -- pretty much like I always heard her in my head (with that thick French accent oozing sultry dragon-god).

Not that my interpretation is the correct one. Just pointing out that voice acting is can be such a challenge to nail down, and opinions vary wildly. Unless the Chrono Cross remaster has voiced dialogue - and it sounds like it won't - they would have been better served just not doing it.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 01:03:57 am »
Previous collaborations in Another Eden didn't bother with English voices, only Japanese. The Chrono Cross one would be the first bothering with English voices. An interesting decision, but if the remaster isn't voiced, then I do wonder...

Now, as for personal opinion about it... well, I'm mostly just getting used to the fact of actually hearing them voiced.  :lol:

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Truth Filter, Goodness Filter & Utility Filter...
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2021, 03:33:41 pm »
Man if after all this all we get is a Remaster as opposed to a Remake Imma be real sad...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 04:10:28 pm »
Personally, I feel Cross doesn't really need an outright remake. Just an HD retouch and gameplay tweaks/fixes perhaps, which is what the Remaster is likely to be about, with maybe some additional content for sure.

Though most importantly, more exposure to the general public. Chrono Trigger has its numerous ports, but outside being put on the Playstation Network, Cross only really had its original release and Greatest Hits version. The collaboration with Another Eden is a good first step, and the remaster can be a good second too. Only then perhaps we could consider an actual remake later on.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 09:09:36 pm »
Collab is up on iOS! Looks like Android and Steam won't be until two hours as scheduled... though perhaps it might be earlier... hopefully...?

EDIT: Up for Android too now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:39:48 pm by Acacia Sgt »

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2021, 12:12:44 am »
Just came by to rant at the lack of any reveal and share my crushed hopes...
 :picardno

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2021, 12:15:31 am »
I guess that's what I get for daring to have hope.

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2021, 12:38:19 am »
Well december ain't over yet right? RIGHT?!  :?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2021, 12:38:41 am »
That's our next best bet, yeah.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2021, 01:03:47 am »
I hypothesis that tonight's showing wasn't catered to big names we've known. It looked more padded to the western world. cinematic like videogames. I really doubt this is the end like you said. Nintendo was dead silent for this award ceremony and I have a feeling the next Direct will give us a CC update.

Basso

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2021, 05:56:18 pm »
I hypothesis that tonight's showing wasn't catered to big names we've known. It looked more padded to the western world. cinematic like videogames. I really doubt this is the end like you said. Nintendo was dead silent for this award ceremony and I have a feeling the next Direct will give us a CC update.

Well, when I read that the Game Awards would take place at the "Microsoft Theater", I thought it would be odd to reveal a game so tied with Playstation, even if it isn't an exclusive. And that is what happened: the reveals last night were Xbox-centric (Alan Wake, Halo Series, etc)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:00:20 pm by Basso »

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2021, 07:59:06 pm »
The singer making the new song for the remaster said she couldn't talk about the game, but that it would be announced at "Christmas".

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2022, 01:19:32 pm »

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2022, 01:43:35 pm »
So in the end, did the collaboration add anything to the plot or world building of Chrono Cross? Or is it simply a bunch of "What if Kid interacted with Another Eden characters?" type of stuff?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2022, 02:07:09 pm »
So in the end, did the collaboration add anything to the plot or world building of Chrono Cross? Or is it simply a bunch of "What if Kid interacted with Another Eden characters?" type of stuff?

It's hard to say. It mostly worked like previous collaborations in that it's basically "Characters from Collab end up in the Another Eden world, get involved in an adventure similar to their series of origin, then leave."

Complex Dreams, however, does make what could be considered a big change: Harle comes to accept she doesn't have to rejoin the Dragon God. That could have repercussions if she were to return to her world. Considering that the Cross characters have yet to return home, unlike the other collab characters, and that Complex Dreams ends with possible plot hooks, it's very likely this isn't over.

That said, even with Harle having made such a decision, we can't be sure it will stick, since so far previous collaborations also had their characters mostly forget what happened during their stay in Another Eden, so only time will tell if the Cross characters will have the same happen to them or not.