Author Topic: Incoming Another Eden x Chrono Cross Collaboration?  (Read 7030 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Incoming Another Eden x Chrono Cross Collaboration?
« on: November 28, 2021, 02:19:00 pm »
So, people looking into the data of Another Eden found an interesting discovery. Within the data they found files pertaining to a possible Symphony Collaboration Event with Chrono Cross. Since the past years Another Eden has been doing these sort of events. First with Persona 5, then with the Tales series. For long people have wondered which would be the next collaboration, and it seems we may have an answer now.

Here are the files they've found:

https://github.com/voiddp/AE_quest_collabo_chrono_cross

These Symphony Collaborations add four characters, looking over, it looks like it will be Serge, Kid, Harle, and Glenn for this. Now, this isn't exactly full proof a CC collab will be in the cards. However, the fact such files exist means the developers definitely had it in mind, so I'd say it's 95% confirmed. So... maybe we'll see, soon.

On that subject... think it might be tied to that Chrono Cross remaster?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:09:57 pm by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Incoming Another Eden x Chrono Cross Collaboration?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 09:37:03 pm »
I wonder if we'll get new plot details or tied up ends.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 09:45:39 pm »
Well, these Symphony Collaborations tend to be self-contained stories, where the characters end up in the Another Eden world while in the middle of their own adventures. Having looked at the files, it seems to be the case too for the Cross characters coming over.

I might try to compile a list of the highlights, if no one else has a go at it. Though it might not be needed if an announcement is to come soon. Another Eden's collaboration tend to be released at the end of the year. Though at this point we should've been overdue for at least the announcement. Then again, a delay might be understandable. Still, I might make that list anyway...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 11:31:27 pm »
I saw this on Reddit earlier today and was super pumped!

If this is true, it certainly makes the Chrono Cross remaster much more plausible. I think we're starting to see a lot of traction there, so it's looking more and more likely. Fingers crossed!

I do wonder, if this is the case, will Serge remain a silent protagonist...?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 12:06:12 am »
I saw this on Reddit earlier today and was super pumped!

If this is true, it certainly makes the Chrono Cross remaster much more plausible. I think we're starting to see a lot of traction there, so it's looking more and more likely. Fingers crossed!

I do wonder, if this is the case, will Serge remain a silent protagonist...?

Yes. I can totally see this collaboration as a way to advertise the remaster, even if it's released after it. Specially if it's to draw the AE crowd towards the Chrono series for those that haven't thought to try it out yet.

I actually tried to check. Unfortunately, Another Eden stores dialogue in a very... unorganized way. While cutscenes are in their own files, the dialogue isn't ordered, and without indicating who is saying each line. So it's hard to piece together. However, I think Serge indeed will talk. So that's gonna be a surprise at least.  :lol:

EDIT: Chances are slim, but there will be a livestream in a few hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hjQKwJGgHM

Got to start keeping an eye open now. This will be past my bedtime, so can't check it out myself.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:37:25 am by Acacia Sgt »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 01:28:47 pm »
Well, this is only second-hand so far, but I've seen people in the AE reddit comment that the livestream had Kato mention on working on "something big." The Collaboration would fit... but again, nothing 100% confirmed yet.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 11:00:27 pm »
https://twitter.com/AnotherEdenRPG/status/1465501002845814787

Quick, everyone act surprised! :o And mark December 4 and 9 on your calendars, folks!

https://en.another-eden.jp/collaboration2021/

The collab's website.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:07:52 pm by Acacia Sgt »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 11:07:54 pm »
Literally a pocket watch and the ocean...

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 11:08:35 pm »
Question for those of you who knows how the game works: I've been holding off on Another Eden until I can play it on Switch or Steam Deck (I have no computer and hate playing games on my phone.)

Let's say this all happens. Are they time-sensitive things that expire? Or can you do them forever?

I could never forgive myself if I waited to play it in 2022/23 but lost out on the opportunity to play a Chrono Cross crosssover event. Or missed out on the chance to recruit Serge/Kid etc.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:09:39 pm by sergecross73 »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 11:10:22 pm »
Question for those of you who knows how the game works: I've been holding off on Another Eden until I can play it on Switch or Steam Deck (no computer and gate playing games on my phone.)

Let's say this all happens. Are they time-sensitive things that expire? Or can you do them forever?

I could never forgive myself if I waited to play it in 2022/23 but lost out on the opportunity to play a Chrono Cross crosssover event. Or missed out on the chance to recruit Serge/Kid etc.

Once they release, they're available forever. That's the neat thing about Another Eden. It works more like a single-player RPG with Gacha elements rather than a Gacha game, if the distinction is understood.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 11:15:57 pm »
Question for those of you who knows how the game works: I've been holding off on Another Eden until I can play it on Switch or Steam Deck (no computer and gate playing games on my phone.)

Once they release, they're available forever. That's the neat thing about Another Eden. It works more like a single-player RPG with Gacha elements rather than a Gacha game, if the distinction is understood.

Thank you. I thought I had heard that before and that's why I decided it was worth waiting until it was on different platforms - but thanks for confirming.

As you and Zeality pointed out, the website is really giving off Chrono vibes, so it really feels like this was happening in some capacity. So I wanted to confirm my options.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 11:21:36 pm »
Ahh, why did the Announcement Livestream has to be at 1AM PST. I might consider staying awake, hehe... but well, it's fine waking up to the fact.

reev

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 04:37:01 am »
Ahh, why did the Announcement Livestream has to be at 1AM PST. I might consider staying awake, hehe... but well, it's fine waking up to the fact.

It's 10 AM for me so the hype is on!