Author Topic: Rumor - Chrono Cross Remaster  (Read 20232 times)

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor - Chrono Cross Remaster
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2022, 02:53:28 pm »
The announcement don't mention new areas, boss, or plot, and april 7 is close, so i think that the remaster will not have any new content.

But I'm happy anyway.  :D

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2022, 03:32:22 pm »
Yeah, I've done a lot of searching, and I haven't heard about any additions besides the new character portraits and that Mitsuda did a (singular) new song for it. Everything else is up scaling/remastering etc.

I'm just excited they're acknowledging the series again, though I did wish they'd add some new content, or maybe clear up some of the stuff we've all debated for decades. (Who is Zoah's true identify, etc).

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2022, 03:49:47 pm »
I'm clearly in the minority here, but I'm glad that this is only a remaster and nothing more. Square has a HORRIBLE track record with remakes in my opinion, and all of the optional stuff they added to the FF and CT ports in the 2000's was garbage filler IMO.  It never added anything to the game and was more or less a waste of time. The only exceptions being the new espers in FFVI and the new jobs in FFV, I did enjoy those.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but anything they would try to add to Cross would end up feeling hollow and forced in my opinion. It's hard to revisit old work, even as the original creators.  You've grown as an artists and are a different person now then you once were.  The same magic is next to impossible to recapture. That isn't to say they couldn't create a new vision, or an alternate version of Cross like they did with FFVIIR (Which I personally dislike), but for me this is the absolute best case scenario. Updated graphics, music and QOL additions are all I want!

Hopefully this garners enough support that the Chrono franchise gets resurrected in some way. Not that I have a ton of faith in the current Square to produce something that is worthy of the title, I haven't been a fan of a lot of their recent releases...but it would still be nice to see the franchise live on.

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2022, 04:45:44 pm »
Honestly, beyond hyped for this... Chrono Cross is my favorite game, and I can't believe this is happening... Also, I believe this is the first time Chrono Cross will officially be released in Europe, which is pretty amazing.

Can't wait to New Game+ it multiple times to get all the characters... and do my "perfect inventory" save like I did on my PS1...

Also really psyched for Radical Dreamers. I've played the fan translation a long time ago, but this is official, and apparently quite a bit different in the script.

Once again, this sparks the hope of Chrono Break... I just really hope this remaster sells well so Square is again reminded of how many people still love this franchise.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 04:46:47 pm by Beach Bum »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2022, 05:46:55 pm »
I cannot BELIEVE this is finally happening... long overdue, and yea I can see why there are a lot of complaints regarding this Remaster... disappointing it didn't get better graphical treatment or any new scenarios, story content, etc... but the great news is that the Internet and gaming sites exploded with "Chrono" being the headline. That is a win.

I've also missed my Compendium family all so much lol. I have been away far too long... good to see the OGs still here alive and kicking  :D

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2022, 09:16:24 pm »
I cannot BELIEVE this is finally happening... long overdue, and yea I can see why there are a lot of complaints regarding this Remaster... disappointing it didn't get better graphical treatment or any new scenarios, story content, etc... but the great news is that the Internet and gaming sites exploded with "Chrono" being the headline. That is a win.

I've also missed my Compendium family all so much lol. I have been away far too long... good to see the OGs still here alive and kicking  :D

Chrono fans never die.  They just hibernate.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2022, 09:29:10 am »
We may need to do a Compendium-hosted event this year in honor of the Cross re-release. Another Dream Splash, perhaps?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2022, 01:42:23 pm »
That would certainly be neat to do.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2022, 02:14:35 pm »
Chrono fans never die.  They just hibernate.

Indeed!

I’m also all for a Dream Splash event, hell I’d even offer up a reward if we included an art contest or something!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2022, 03:37:15 pm »
Dream Splash - Who can hack CC Radical Dreamers Edition first?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2022, 10:00:07 pm »
I too am up for a dream splash!

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2022, 11:49:34 am »
https://www.instant-gaming.com/pt/9676-comprar-chrono-cross-remaster-remastered-edition-pc-jogo-epic-games/

This page has new art, attached here. It's just fan art, right? (I still stand by the sketchiness of this particular page, lol.)

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2022, 04:47:55 pm »
Yes, it's fan art. Here's a link to the original (DeviantArt, very much NSFW).

If somebody is claiming this is box art or something, that's super shady.