Author Topic: Rumor - Chrono Cross Remaster  (Read 20229 times)

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor - Chrono Cross Remaster
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2022, 07:36:30 pm »
It's happening!   IT'S HAPPENING! :lol:

Now I'm going to have to stop lurking and start posting again.

Somebody hit up Zeality NOW!

X4220

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2022, 07:50:11 pm »
https://press.uk.square-enix.com/CHRONO-CROSS-THE-RADICAL-DREAMERS-EDITION-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION4-N
3D models converted to HD
Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
Switch enemy encounters on or off
Background filter feature
Battle enhancement features
Auto-battle function
French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 07:56:25 pm by X4220 »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2022, 08:02:03 pm »
A bit more than low-key disappointed on my end. I was hoping more for what they did for Chrono DS than a graphics and audio touch-up, and I'm not that wild about Radical Dreamers either.

A new scenario, new bosses, one or two new dungeons. This is the kind of stuff I expect from a remaster. But maybe that's just me.

But hey, if it helps open more doors for the series, more power to it.

For the record, I'm not trying to crap on anyone excited for it.

X4220

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2022, 08:51:19 pm »
I agree with you, skylark.
Even this version is exciting for me and I will buy game on all my PSN accounts, but when Live a Live is getting remake, Chrono Cross deserves no less...another injustice for CC.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2022, 09:45:56 pm »
I have mixed feelings about this.  It's good that the Chrono series is finally getting attention again.  On the other hand, there is no indication to me that the script is being at all revised or clarified so that the story makes more sense.  It's just an HD upgrade that includes Radical Dreamers and a few quality of life touches.  If so, it is a wasted opportunity.  Chrono Cross felt like an unfinished story that skimped almost entirely on character development and relied on theme and exposition to get its message across to the player.  For this reason, Chrono Cross was a prime candidate for a full-blown remake that can tell the story the way it deserves to be told through modern technology and a robust budget.  Now that the remaster is coming, the odds of a remake ever happening are basically zero.  I appreciate Square-Enix giving us all some nostalgia, but deep down I think all of us wanted more.  It sends the message that the past is set in stone and the future will never live up to its potential.  Not exactly the message we expect from Chrono.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2022, 10:43:55 pm »
full artwork for the remaster.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2022, 10:44:54 pm »
Haha, getting OCRemix Unmod forum "Great Gathering" vibes. Look at everyone coming out of the woodwork! WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED

Have been traveling/working again but I'll get something up immediately. Romana looked at the RD preview and it appears to be a new localization, yeah. Momentous day.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2022, 11:38:11 pm »
https://youtu.be/XaI-h5_Phww

Harle: "Every problem haz a solution...I hope..."

Was this scene in the original Chrono Cross? Like I recall the scenes between Harle and Starky? But not this particular line. I did a search through the Chrono Cross script and didn't see any hits fit the use of "Haz" ever either...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2022, 11:45:11 pm »
https://youtu.be/XaI-h5_Phww

Harle: "Every problem haz a solution...I hope..."

Was this scene in the original Chrono Cross? Like I recall the scenes between Harle and Starky? But not this particular line. I did a search through the Chrono Cross script and didn't see any hits fit the use of "Haz" ever either...

It is. What script were you looking? Because in Zeality's script the line is there.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2022, 11:50:24 pm »
I just googled "Chrono Cross script" on a whim after I saw the video and I clicked on the first hit. Looks like that was the Gamefaqs version of Zeality's script. Maybe that's an older/incomplete version?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2022, 12:01:11 am »
I just googled "Chrono Cross script" on a whim after I saw the video and I clicked on the first hit. Looks like that was the Gamefaqs version of Zeality's script. Maybe that's an older/incomplete version?

Can't be, since that's the one I was referring to. The line is in there.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2022, 12:16:13 am »
I have mixed feelings about this.  It's good that the Chrono series is finally getting attention again.  On the other hand, there is no indication to me that the script is being at all revised or clarified so that the story makes more sense.  It's just an HD upgrade that includes Radical Dreamers and a few quality of life touches.  If so, it is a wasted opportunity.  Chrono Cross felt like an unfinished story that skimped almost entirely on character development and relied on theme and exposition to get its message across to the player.  For this reason, Chrono Cross was a prime candidate for a full-blown remake that can tell the story the way it deserves to be told through modern technology and a robust budget.  Now that the remaster is coming, the odds of a remake ever happening are basically zero.  I appreciate Square-Enix giving us all some nostalgia, but deep down I think all of us wanted more.  It sends the message that the past is set in stone and the future will never live up to its potential.  Not exactly the message we expect from Chrono.

Hit the nail on the head.

That being said, I can't help but be excited. My favorite game now on my favorite console, with some new treats to boot. I'm a simple man. Look at those new character arts! I didn't know Nobuteri Yuuki was still producing art.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2022, 12:19:36 am »

Can't be, since that's the one I was referring to. The line is in there.

Huh. I must have done the search before the page was done loading or something.

Xeregs906

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2022, 11:02:03 am »

Hit the nail on the head.

That being said, I can't help but be excited. My favorite game now on my favorite console, with some new treats to boot. I'm a simple man. Look at those new character arts! I didn't know Nobuteri Yuuki was still producing art.

Of all the things we might not be getting... there is one aspect of the remaster we are getting, and that's this release is available for Steam so mods are going to be possible for many years to come.  :) :) :)

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2022, 02:10:25 pm »
I had also hoped for a full remake that would fix up some of the game's imperfections, but I'll happily take a remaster.

I almost can't believe it's really happening.