Author Topic: Rumor - Chrono Cross Remaster  (Read 20227 times)

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:25:48 pm by sergecross73 »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor - Chrono Cross Remaster
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 03:08:23 pm »
Well, that's quite interesting. Though I'll have to abide with the article itself in that it's not a conclusive thing. Still, got to keep some hope, just in case.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:06:41 pm »
i wouldn't put your expectations high for the list could be a compilation of cancelled games and such. It would be nice, but isn't the source code lost to time? not only that, but did you see Chrono Triggered on the list?? either someone made an error or joked there.  I'm interested in that FFIX remaster, but it's probably for something else.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 10:27:08 pm »
Loss of the source code might be an issue but then the game is still available in the PSN, which means they still have some access to it. Porting that might not be an issue, but modifying it might be a different story. Then again, a remaster would mean building it up from scratch, so while an issue it wouldn't be impossible. Kinda like how the Crash N. Sane Trilogy was made. Stuff like the original level geometry was mostly intact, but lots of other data was either incompatible with modern computers or outright gone, so the remake team had to make do without it.

Considering it's filed under a completely different company, and looking up Zaremba LLC brings up a Real Estate company... yeah, something's up with that.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 09:49:53 am »
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nvidia-confirms-leaked-geforce-now-list-is-real-but-claims-games-are-speculative/

So there's at least some legitimacy here, though as you all say, the project could still be unofficial/abandoned/cancelled etc.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 10:11:59 am »
This is the blog post from the person who got the list from GeForce Now.

https://ighor.medium.com/i-unlocked-nvidia-geforce-now-and-stumbled-upon-pirates-dc48a3f8ff7

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 12:32:46 pm »
Update: ActRaiser Renaissance, a remake of ActRaiser, was announced and released yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/pu6a39/actraiser_renaissance_launch_trailer/

Since an ActRaiser remake was part of the Nvidia leak, this makes the chance for a Chrono Cross remaster a lot bigger. Let's keep our hopes up, Chrono Cross on the Nintendo Switch or PS4 / PS5 would be incredible.

Especially if they also release it in Europe, cuz y'know, 22 years after release there still has never been a legal way to buy Chrono Cross in Europe.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 01:36:57 pm »
You know, after that direct I wanted to see if there was anything on the list, but the Github document was gone. Don't know if it was hosted anywhere else to check.

As a side note, I'm so excited for that Actraiser remake. Specially if it there's also some hope for the rest of the Quintet games to follow suit sometime in the future... though my hopes aren't too high, considering things.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 03:24:25 pm »
Update: ActRaiser Renaissance, a remake of ActRaiser, was announced and released yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/pu6a39/actraiser_renaissance_launch_trailer/

Since an ActRaiser remake was part of the Nvidia leak, this makes the chance for a Chrono Cross remaster a lot bigger. Let's keep our hopes up, Chrono Cross on the Nintendo Switch or PS4 / PS5 would be incredible.

Especially if they also release it in Europe, cuz y'know, 22 years after release there still has never been a legal way to buy Chrono Cross in Europe.

That's awesome, I didn't realize Actraiser's remake was part of the leak. I think the last main hurdle is whether SE greenlit and followed through on it, or if it was cancelled or not followed through on for some reason. I always hoped they'd turn to Cross once they ran out of PS1 RPGs to remaster. They're getting closer to that point...

Asadayyyy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 04:15:57 pm »
Ermm, if we do the simple maths, a lot of games within the list are rumoured to be in the making. If we can just correlate that fact, it’s safe to assume there must be some sort of work being  done on Cross. I just hope they roll out anything!
Fingers crossed  :roll:

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 07:53:02 pm »
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/10/20/god-of-war-2018-is-coming-to-pc/

Here's another one from the leak that came through...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 01:24:46 am »
I feel like God of War was an easy guess, though. We've heard the rumors for some time that it was coming, along with a multitude of other Sony games.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 04:58:38 pm »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 12:06:55 am »
December 1st? I suppose there could be time in just one month to announce and advertise. I mean, after the Actraiser Remaster got like zero fanfare and got practically shadow-released, I can see Cross with the same.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 10:01:22 am »
Since it's set for so many of them, they speculate that the first of each month is a placeholder meaning some time in the month.
Quote from: RPGSite
These aren’t official dates and many appear to serve as placeholders for months, given that several default to the first-of-the-month. [...] Since the list hasn’t seen any recent updates, dates for confirmed projects like the Grand Theft Auto remasters are wrong—it’s out on November 11, but the repository still has November 1.