Author Topic: Another Eden x Chrono Cross Collaboration  (Read 13043 times)

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Eden x Chrono Cross Collaboration
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2022, 05:32:39 pm »
So in the end, did the collaboration add anything to the plot or world building of Chrono Cross? Or is it simply a bunch of "What if Kid interacted with Another Eden characters?" type of stuff?

It's hard to say. It mostly worked like previous collaborations in that it's basically "Characters from Collab end up in the Another Eden world, get involved in an adventure similar to their series of origin, then leave."

Complex Dreams, however, does make what could be considered a big change: Harle comes to accept she doesn't have to rejoin the Dragon God. That could have repercussions if she were to return to her world. Considering that the Cross characters have yet to return home, unlike the other collab characters, and that Complex Dreams ends with possible plot hooks, it's very likely this isn't over.

That said, even with Harle having made such a decision, we can't be sure it will stick, since so far previous collaborations also had their characters mostly forget what happened during their stay in Another Eden, so only time will tell if the Cross characters will have the same happen to them or not.

That's interesting, that bit about Harley. At least it's something. So many of the mobile spin-off type crossovers are just totally inconsequential to their main games. (Fire Emblem Heroes, every "Tales of" spin-off, etc)

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Truth Filter, Goodness Filter & Utility Filter...
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2022, 05:14:06 pm »
I tried playing the game almost on a daily basis to lv up and get to the point where I could do the Crossover but maaaaaaaaaan did I get bored :X I just can't even with these mobile games...and unskippable cutscenes in nowadays climate is a sin...

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2022, 01:00:44 am »
Oh nice! Starky for the win!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason