Author Topic: Is it possible to make a toggle to hide the UI during battle?  (Read 2209 times)

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Is it possible to make a toggle to hide the UI during battle?
« on: August 16, 2021, 05:28:51 am »
I wanna make some CC videos, it'd be really cool if there was a way to toggle the UI and damage numbers on or off during battle. Does anyone know if such a thing is possible?

pating

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to make a toggle to hide the UI during battle?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 06:43:16 am »
No one answers... Other people seems dead... A haunted forum I guess... I see lot of post here and we are in :o

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 09:37:56 pm »
It's okay, Chrono Cross modding is still new territory, it's not surprising if people don't know...

And as for the forum, it will never be dead as long as people remember us and keep coming back every now and then. It's up to all of us to keep that dream alive.  8)

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 10:34:52 am »
We really need a Temporal Flux for Chrono Cross.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 03:21:11 pm »
Unfortunately, there are very few folks who know how to mod Chrono Cross. Check out our toolsets and these to see what's potentially possible.

glennxserge

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Sacred lickaroo.... Not!
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross FateTerminal
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 10:17:44 pm »
I would love to help out with something like this, but I haven't had much time to do CC modding lately.  And the time I do have is allotted to finishing my own game balance tool.  I think there are a few people still around that get involved but, a lot of the old tools for poking at the game need updating so it's hard to bring in new blood.

My initial thought is that the game rendering for the UI is probably layered somehow, so you might just play around with an emulator to see if there are any options that turn off layers.  I seem to recall old versions of the standard emulators didn't address this properly initially so things like the world map item menu wouldn't show up at all.