Author Topic: Crimson Echoes Plus  (Read 9951 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes Plus
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2021, 11:32:54 am »
Yeah, I am loving the anime-ending Lucca. Plus, the sprite sheet is like 85% complete!

TheMage, you made this, didn't you? Looks sooo good!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2021, 05:59:40 pm »
Thank you! I did! I'm also using her in my work in progress tutorial on how to insert new PC graphics into CT. She's almost done! But i'd gladly re-work her, tweak her, and/or insert her into a CE plus.  8)

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2021, 07:28:16 pm »
You have my full moral support from someone who thought Crimson Echoes was almost the best game i've ever played. I can't help from a tech standpoint as I'm not a coder but if you need files hosted or money for...stuff or anything, or someone to battle any legal department, I can help on that end. Also with stuff you may need downloaded or searched for and your worried about legality, I don't care or mind.

inuksuk

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2021, 04:51:10 am »
I'm also using her in my work in progress tutorial on how to insert new PC graphics into CT.

Nice! I would be very interested in this.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2021, 01:14:04 pm »
I'm thinking about reaching out to Gino at Enhasa Enhancements.

He posted in mid-2020 on the Flames of Eternity website that things were going to be picking back up. I think they'd lost their developers that had been doing the gritty work on the hack, and work had halted on FoE in 2014.

Trying to see if it makes sense to try to bring them into the fold, or if RC7 with IHBP's stellar edits will be the branching point for the two projects (granted, I fully intend on rolling back some FoE changes to how they were in CE).

If you're out there as a silent observer, Gino, PM me. Or if anyone has a recommended way to reach out to him outside of the email listed on the Project Metronome blog, let me know.

Nevertheless, nothing is going to move forward without a blessing from Zeality, chrono99, and/or agent12 (who has been missing from the Compendium since about 2012). This place was born of Kajar Laboratories, and as much as I'd like to be revived there, seeing how messy the C&D was, I don't feel comfortable proceeding without their permission.

I reached out to Z here on the Compendium, on Discord, and via email... why ya'll so hard to track down?!?!

:D

I am almost done with a sprite test for the Crono overhaul I have been toying with. Will post here once I get it where I want it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:34:20 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 06:07:11 pm »
Ooo! I hope we hear back from the main CE team

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2021, 11:12:19 am »
Yeah, I'm in a holding pattern right now. I don't want to proceed with any planning or considerations at length without approval from the original team.

Zeality is the only one active at this point, and his level of activity is always hit and run these days. Bahaha!

Chrono'99 is MIA and has been for quite a few years.

Agent12 has been gone for a decade. After the C&D he just up and disappeared. Like tears in rain.

stewelement

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2021, 10:35:34 pm »
I only drop by this forum rarely these days but after seeing this thread, I could not resist replying. I remember the early days of the Crimson Echoes hack, playing the demo that stopped at the Denadoro Mountains...back in 2005? Good grief, time does fly. In the years since I've tried my hand semi-successfully at making a few personal hacks for CT with help and support from this community.

Reminiscing aside, a couple years ago I tried to make a better running animation for human Glenn because I could not bear how running Glenn looked in Flames of Eternity. As I recall this was largely due to Frog's running animation being a shorter sequence - the hopping was like 4 frames than the other upright running humans. Crono had 6 frames or something similar. I am willing to help realize a better running Glenn as part of this project if that's something worth pursuing. I believe I posted the running frames on this site years ago, so I'll see if I can dig them up.

Excited to see this happening, will definitely bookmark and check back frequently.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2021, 01:14:09 am »
I believe I posted the running frames on this site years ago, so I'll see if I can dig them up.

Please do check! If you have them and this project gets a blessing, this is definitely something we can easily add, and the more help, the better.

stewelement

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2021, 10:18:46 am »
Yes, I found them over in Fan Art. I was thinking it was a year or two ago but it was 2016!
I expect that this project won't hurt for talented spriters but I'd be willing to take a shot at a spiky haired version too.

From the old Fan Art thread regarding the running sequence:

The sequence is based on Crono's frames, so the sequence would be different in game than what is presented in my image. I believe that the running sequence would be 2, 3, 7, and 5, 6, 8. The walking animation would be 2,3,4,5,6,1 and so on.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2021, 07:42:36 am »
Gorgeous running Glenn!

GasparXR

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2021, 01:02:13 am »
I would love to see Crimson Echoes come back. I never beat the game myself, but I did watch the  game playthrough with developer commentary on YouTube (that commentary probably doesn't exist anymore because they were in annotation form :x )

I remember looking up Flames of Eternity a while back and it seemed like a minor upgrade to CE at the time, were there any major differences between the two other than changing the name?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2021, 11:17:51 am »
Some updates.

1.) Bugfixes and gameplay balancing.
2.) Some visual improvements in level design.
3.) Frog Glenn has been replaced with human Glenn!
4.) Partially explorable and incomplete 1999AD.
5.) Some dialogue changes.

The overall plot remaining the same, though.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2021, 07:43:15 am »
I would love to see Crimson Echoes come back. I never beat the game myself, but I did watch the  game playthrough with developer commentary on YouTube (that commentary probably doesn't exist anymore because they were in annotation form :x )

Yes I mourn the loss of the commentary. I tend to binge the walkthrough every May and its not the same without the annotations :( :( :(

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2021, 09:59:14 am »
If you watch using a tool like invidious, you can still see the annotations. Here is an invidious instance with annotations enabled:
https://invidious.hub.ne.kr/watch?v=YSTpkMB9kNk&list=PLE952926C2A6E7039&iv_load_policy=1

Otherwise, the commentary from those videos as subtitle files is here:
https://static.chronocompendium.com/Black/Other/Crimson_Echoes_Annotations.zip