Author Topic: Alpha version Crono sprite?  (Read 11150 times)

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Alpha version Crono sprite?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 11:04:54 pm »
Has anybody seen this video? I know there was an article from a magazine posted, but this is actual footage from the the alpha version.
Good old '94.  The overworld 1000 AD was totally revamped.  They even had airplanes in the alpha...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 05:28:01 pm »
either way...

i know we have barely any information on something like that, but would that be possible to code at this stage in the chrono modding community?

Interestingly, each character still has a minor elemental defense against their own element in the final version of the game. Crono has a % bonus of resistance against Lightning, Marle against Water, etc. Interestingly, Ayla's bonus resistance is against Fire. It seems it's her element despite the fact that she can't use magic.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2021, 12:10:51 am »
Yeah, it is Brazilian. :) I used to have this magazine, it's called "SuperGamePower". Unfortunatelly, they got closed a long time ago... :( Wish they were on so I could ask them some shots.  :(

The Crono's sprite looks more an ordinary townfolk sprite. :P
And for the Dome, it's somewhat different from Arris Dome...  :?

@CrAzY:
They actually knew (sorta). The text says "(...) By the staff we can see that Chrono Trigger will be even better than Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. (...)".   8)

SEE YA!!!!!

Man, bittersweet to thread necro immediately after a Chrono'99 post...anyway, Ricardo C e-mailed us and pointed us to where higher quality scans are available: https://www.retroavengers.com.br/2013/10/01/super-gamepower-no-08/

I wish we had a "mention" function. Reld, not sure if there's anything you'd be interested in, but seems like they have a massive archive of Brazilian gaming magazines. I'm about to replace the one on the Alpha Version Screenshot page and get it properly chronologically indexed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:16:10 am by ZeaLitY »