Author Topic: Getting the Terminus tools to google translate the game  (Read 2554 times)

Serge50

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Getting the Terminus tools to google translate the game
« on: April 04, 2021, 07:03:53 pm »
 I've recently played through a dark souls mod (youtube.com/watch?v=RphHr9ve7Tk) that poorly translates its text by running it through google translate with multiple languages 15 times then back to english.
 Thought I'd try doing it myself for chrono cross but I keep running into issues with the terminus translation tools. For one the tools' executables keep giving me errors, especially when trying to reinsert after running the dump execs. And the other problem is being able to google translate the ScriptC_CD1.txt file without it translating the commands aswell.
 So is there some sort of guide to using the tools? I remember being able to translate the intro portion of the game a few years ago but I've forgotten how I managed to do that :picardno what am I doing wrong  :?

AwesomeHairo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Getting the Terminus tools to google translate the game
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 08:10:31 pm »
For one the tools' executables keep giving me errors, especially when trying to reinsert after running the dump execs.

Hi Serge50. You really have to dump the files in order. Dump_Main first, always. Then Dump_Script, follow by copying everything from "20_Dump_Avant" to "21_Dump_Apres" and the same for "30_Fichiers_Avant" to "31_Fichiers_Apres". Then Dump_Script1 and Dump_ScriptC, and lastly Dump_Accents. Copy the 7 modified files from 40_Textes_Avant to 41_Textes_Apres. Confirm you're replacing files.

Anything you edit in the Script1_CD1 and ScriptC_CD1 texts you put in 31_Fichiers_Apres (which, again, in turn you got from 30_Fichiers_Avant) will reinsert to the scripts in 31_Fichiers_Apres, using Rein_Script1 and Rein_ScriptC. You then run Rein_Script to reinsert the changes made from 31_Fichiers_Apres to the image file in 11_Image_Apres.

If you want to dump and edit inventory names and descriptions, and stuff like profile, after using Dump_Main and Dump_Script, run Dump_Termes and Dump_Persos, if I'm not mistaken.