Author Topic: Another Eden: All Chrono Trigger/Cross references  (Read 6550 times)

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another Eden: All Chrono Trigger/Cross references
« on: April 02, 2021, 11:03:40 pm »
Been Playing Another Eden: Spiritual Successor to Chrono Trigger/Cross. Here are all of the CT/CC references I've found so far:

-In the beginning of the game you wake up in your room as your childhood friend opens the curtains.

-You get your life savings from your room.

-Lucca is in the starting village! You can find Lucca "Ashtear" in a house in the starting village at the beginning of the game! Same as she was in Xenogears!!

-There are cats everywhere.

-There is a character called Cyrus who is a "Frog".

-You go to a place like the End of Time called Spacetime Rift.

-There are Timewarp gates that appear, similar to the ones in CT.

-Inside the Volcano you fight Salamander. And he calls you child of man. Similar to how you fight Salamander in Chrono Cross.

These are the ones I've found so far. I'll keep updating. Or if anyone else wants to add to it feel free to post the references you've found!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Another Eden: All Chrono Trigger/Cross references
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 11:18:52 pm »
How far are you? I've just begun Chapter 9, but I've already looked over parts of the rest of the story already (the game did came out years ago after all). I may have a few things to add as well. At least if the matter is to have a compiled list. Since stuff like this has been pointed out in the Compendium already, albeit as separate threads.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 11:21:22 pm by Acacia Sgt »

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 01:17:24 pm »
I'm at Chapter 8 Palsifal Palace in Antiquity. Been playing for 16 hours already. The side quests are taking forever!! Really wish this was a traditional rpg though. I hate the gatcha/micro transaction aspect of this game. Too many characters again, just like Chrono Cross. Didn't they learn their lesson last time? The story is going to suffer again....

I just looked it up and this game has 66 chapters!!! Are we going to be playing this for 100 hours? At what point are we going to break?!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:01:39 pm by legaiaflame »

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 02:04:48 pm »
Also, if this is anything to go by, this might not be a good sign of things to come with this game. Might have to stop playing....

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/255229-another-eden-the-cat-beyond-time-and-space/79385256#3

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 03:53:14 pm »
I'm at Chapter 8 Palsifal Palace in Antiquity. Been playing for 16 hours already. The side quests are taking forever!! Really wish this was a traditional rpg though. I hate the gatcha/micro transaction aspect of this game. Too many characters again, just like Chrono Cross. Didn't they learn their lesson last time? The story is going to suffer again....

I just looked it up and this game has 66 chapters!!! Are we going to be playing this for 100 hours? At what point are we going to break?!!

It is a traditional RPG, though. It's beatable with what you get handed for free. I've seen the gacha been compared with Xenoblade 2's, which has quite positive reception from what I've read up.

They did. Most of them, through their sidequests, have more to them than the Cross cast ever did. You're still too early in the game, as it were.

Considering how short the chapters tend to be... I'd say it's length is more or less standard. It's just more heavy on the side-content.

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 04:05:52 pm »
Well, I'm done anyway. I'm at the point where my characters aren't healing enough HP because I'm blocked off from the rest of their abilities, unless they are 5 star characters.

Of which the game will either A: Force you to grind in specialized dungeons for 100 hours to get the items needed to unlock their skill tree or B: Pay real money to have a "chance" at receiving a 5 star hero........Great another letdown.....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 04:06:44 pm by legaiaflame »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 06:49:02 pm »
aaahh, hahahahahahaha

Meet Raven!

A mage wreathed in darkness and death. He has no memory of his past, and hides his scarred face behind a mask. He keeps away from people. Not wanting to be studied, he prefers to do things on his own.

Sadly, although he has two personal storylines, they do not delve into his mysterious past, or any potential missing sisters.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 05:39:27 pm »
On that subject, I'm reminded the Palsifal Oracle is pretty much the Prophet, heh.

terrin87

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 05:38:24 am »
You didn’t notice the straw guy that’s another reference to CC?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 12:03:27 am »
Just reached Garulea, found it has the Cross barrel gag.  :lol:

---

EDIT: So, I'm playing through the new story update and... well, this is getting interesting. One of the first things they reveal is AE's Ashtear having made a Gate Key... er, Holder. But same purpose pretty much. Not that the party gets to use it, but obvious reference is obvious.  :lol:

And now further in I'm seeing an NPC mention Zurvan here as well, just like in Chrono Cross.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 02:46:11 pm by Acacia Sgt »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 01:16:29 pm »
Playing through the new Ensemble update, and I see the mention of our good old friends. Melchiolus, Parthasaherus, and Casparius. Uh huh.

Just name drop semi-cameos, but it's clear they made a nod to the Gurus.