Author Topic: Chrono Trigger voiced by industry VAs  (Read 3230 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger voiced by industry VAs
« on: May 09, 2021, 12:19:26 am »
So a fellow named Mr. Tim met me on Twitter and turns out he's been kinda nutty about assembling voice-over "dream teams." He's lately been using his connections and got some pretty good results from his friends in the industry.

updated video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJSqKeB6nI
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 02:08:10 pm by Schala Zeal »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger voiced by industry VAs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 09:25:26 pm »
Oh my GOD Schala I know who you're talking about

Let me guess: Richard Epcar as Magus?  :P

I met Mr. Tim through a Chrono Trigger facebook group myself. Not terrible pics for some of the characters, but why, why, WHY Vic Mignogna as Dalton?? Not that Dalton isn't already a terrible cretin, but...       

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 12:58:21 am »
Hm? Was that one of those who did bad stuff at some point of their careers?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 12:05:16 pm »
Yeah. He's a huge VA actor and best known for Fullmetal Alchemist and for playing Broly in the Dragonball Super movie. He's also been super active in the Star Trek fanon and played Captain Kirk in a handful of fan productions.

I actually really like(d) Vic and wanted to believe that maybe he was just a physically touchy person that people misunderstood. Unfortunately, it turned out the complaints were true. He was revealed to be a shady horndog who made unwanted sexual advances and sexually harassed women on the regular, both fans and coworkers alike. He also was trying to cheat on his fiancé with another VA, who rebuffed his advances. Shitty behavior all around.

That all being said, he's very charismatic and seems like he could be a decent human being, despite everything that's happened. He seemed very apologetic and it did feel more genuine than a lot of these type of apologies. Maybe I am biased, but it felt genuine to me.

I am torn on whether or not he deserved the absolute career banishment and cancelling that he has undergone. I mean, he was literally dropped from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. I'm not saying he didn't victimize women (and those victims come first) and didn't deserve it, but I do hope he has the ability to grow and change, and I hope is turning for the best and can make amends with both his victims and the industry at large.

People do change, and I think Vic could be redeemed, too -- as long as he is genuine in his growth and puts his victims first. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:08:27 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 06:52:34 pm »
Yeah. He's a huge VA actor and best known for Fullmetal Alchemist and for playing Broly in the Dragonball Super movie. He's also been super active in the Star Trek fanon and played Captain Kirk in a handful of fan productions.

I actually really like(d) Vic and wanted to believe that maybe he was just a physically touchy person that people misunderstood. Unfortunately, it turned out the complaints were true. He was revealed to be a shady horndog who made unwanted sexual advances and sexually harassed women on the regular, both fans and coworkers alike. He also was trying to cheat on his fiancé with another VA, who rebuffed his advances. Shitty behavior all around.

That all being said, he's very charismatic and seems like he could be a decent human being, despite everything that's happened. He seemed very apologetic and it did feel more genuine than a lot of these type of apologies. Maybe I am biased, but it felt genuine to me.

I am torn on whether or not he deserved the absolute career banishment and cancelling that he has undergone. I mean, he was literally dropped from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. I'm not saying he didn't victimize women (and those victims come first) and didn't deserve it, but I do hope he has the ability to grow and change, and I hope is turning for the best and can make amends with both his victims and the industry at large.

People do change, and I think Vic could be redeemed, too -- as long as he is genuine in his growth and puts his victims first. Time will tell.

maybe so, but I think he needs to spend some time out of the public eye first. Maybe a few years.