Author Topic: What timeline is produced when the party defeates Ocean Palace Lavos, In CT  (Read 5560 times)

Soy_educado

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I yet have'nt found a ideal timeline of what happened, namely Zeal palace never falled, Lavos did not controlled Queen Zeal, Schala is never put in these Sheninganis, The gurus are never Sepaired in time. In general Most events never happened of both CT and CC.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
Re: What timeline is produced when the party defeates Ocean Palace Lavos, In CT
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 11:02:18 pm »
This is a non-answer because I am boring and have no imagination, but---
I think you answered your question, haha. I'm not sure if it can be defined without abandoning the stories of CT and CC. Outside of New Game+ (or grinding practically forever--so, outside of just taking the video game mechanics to some kind of extreme), the party is totally unable to withstand Lavos's attacks. If you defeat him there, you get the special Developer ending, breaking the fourth wall and so breaking the story.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: What timeline is produced when the party defeates Ocean Palace Lavos, In CT
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 11:42:22 pm »
Certainly Lavos being defeated at the Ocean Palace would be quite the change to the timeline. That said, short-term it's possible things might not change too much. No Lavos, no power source for the Mammon Machine. I believe it was Lavos' energy that enabled them to lift Zeal into the heavens in the first place, so... Zeal will still fall, sad to say. Even if not, they had already switched to using it to power up whatever kept the islands afloat. So unless they could quickly switch back to the planet's energy... they will still fall. Considering stuff like the Sun Stone were sealed away, not to mention, needing to know to take them out again... yeah, there's no time. The only plus side for those at the Ocean Palace is that there's no longer a hurry to leave now. Although they will still need to deal with Dalton afterwards.

So ironically, it might not be too different from the original timeline.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Just chiming in that from a "climate change" perspective, it's interesting to imagine what would happen to Zeal if they hadn't found the Mammon Machine. The Sun Stone seems to have been Zeal's fossil fuels, requiring millions and millions of years to charge up but only (likely) a few centuries to drain. It must have taken an insane amount of energy to literally suspend thousands of tons of earth in the air like they did, as if they were burning thrusters underneath that entire time. Of course, the people of Zeal don't seem that concerned, as they've got the Mammon Machine to rely on (i.e. the hope of renewables).

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Specially when it seems there was only the one Sun Stone. Although, one dialogue in Zeal seems to imply there was at least a second one the Gurus experimented on. That said, it all depends how they were housing it while using it. Maybe they had in the open to keep absorbing sunlight, thus charging up. Might not make much of a difference, but then, it depends just how much energy it was being used.

Should also be said that they also used the planet's energy in addition to the sun's, so perhaps between they shared the burden, so the Sun Stone wasn't draining as quickly. Although, dialogue in Zeal also says they stored the planet's energy in the Sun Stone, not just the sun's. That same one saying the Gurus tried to store the sun's energy in a Sun Stone. So maybe they were only using the planet's energy, then the Gurus tried to use the sun's as well, but then they found Lavos', and Zeal decided to make a full switch instead of using three energy sources.