Author Topic: Chrono Vendian Updates & Progress  (Read 13500 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Vendian Updates & Progress
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 11:23:01 am »
I think I'll be ok for some coming weeks.

Just take care of yourself, first and foremost. Mentally and physically. As exciting as a project as this is, I care much more about your well-being than any fan hack!

If you need anything, moral support, anything, please feel free to reach out. I can't stress that enough!

dclem

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 01:42:11 pm »
I think I'll be ok for some coming weeks.

Just take care of yourself, first and foremost. Mentally and physically. As exciting as a project as this is, I care much more about your well-being than any fan hack!

If you need anything, moral support, anything, please feel free to reach out. I can't stress that enough!

I don't know how well it is from another's perspective, but I usually have to drown myself in work to be able to get through it, if that makes sense.

Something, anything. There was something finicky about Marle's skeleton rig, not a major bug but enough to keep me focused on it.

Also

controlling Frog as a bipedal figure has me debating.

@Boo the Gentleman Caller Are there any official concept art for Glenn (human)? Concept art or character sheet(s)?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 03:00:59 pm »
There's no official art as far as I'm aware of. The only time we see him is during the animated cutscene ending.

There is an unofficial sprite sheet used in Crimson Echoes/Flames of Eternity (SNES rom hacks) that I can track down for you, but once again, it's not official.

dclem

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 11:57:48 pm »
I'll take it, there'll need to be some creativity in this case, since we've never officially seen Glenn's face.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2021, 01:31:59 am »
Well, there is an official sprite of his face, since the unofficial sheet was an expansion of the small original one from an alternate ending, as was sort of mentioned before.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 01:33:53 am by Vehek »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2021, 09:43:01 am »
And here's the link to the unofficial sprite sheet from Crimson Echoes.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/26310/

dclem

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2021, 01:37:00 pm »
Thanks guys; strange, I in the scene Glenn had spiky slick back hair, different than this sheet. Hmm, interesting.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2021, 09:39:13 am »
You know, you're right!

I'm hunting for sprites of him with the short, spiky hair (like in the anime ending), and I don't see any. Hmm...

dclem

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2021, 06:07:53 pm »
So Guile is really Magus? I started playing Chrono Cross the first time recently (loving it so far btw) and pieces together from the Dream's Epilogue ending from CT DS. should be an interesting addition to Vendian
-
Originally this version was going to be a bonus, but due to the lack of appropriate animation for (Frog), hmm it's a tough decision to make.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:09:05 pm by dclem »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2021, 05:23:37 pm »
So Guile is really Magus? I started playing Chrono Cross the first time recently (loving it so far btw) and pieces together from the Dream's Epilogue ending from CT DS. should be an interesting addition to Vendian
-
Originally this version was going to be a bonus, but due to the lack of appropriate animation for (Frog), hmm it's a tough decision to make.

Yes. That was always the intention. Unfortunately due to crunch-time issues, the majority of it had to be scrapped. Still, I prefer Word of God over whatever surprise incest theory somebody in this topic pitched to you.

dclem

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2021, 10:16:16 pm »
Yes. That was always the intention. Unfortunately due to crunch-time issues, the majority of it had to be scrapped. Still, I prefer Word of God over whatever surprise incest theory somebody in this topic pitched to you.

Somebody pitched this beforehand? I don't recall?

So since this is true, we have some bonus content.

dclem

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2021, 12:51:18 am »
Please check site is public, domains have been moved around and site navigation appears broken.

*Note: Download link can be found in the OP (first post) of this thread.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 12:53:46 am by dclem »

dclem

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2021, 02:00:40 am »
REMOVED

The last concept of Marle shown before was, in fact, not by the artist I had hired for the project via CGTrader (bologendheng). It has been removed from Chrono Vendian entirely. I now have 2 dedicated artists on the project.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:04:00 pm by dclem »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2021, 08:04:27 pm »
That looks amazing! I can definitely tell that she's aged up a bit since Chrono Trigger (seeing that this is, what, five years later)! The art style is great -- whoever did your art did an EXCELLENT job and I can't wait to see the others in a similar vein!

dclem

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2021, 08:04:35 am »
That looks amazing! I can definitely tell that she's aged up a bit since Chrono Trigger (seeing that this is, what, five years later)! The art style is great -- whoever did your art did an EXCELLENT job and I can't wait to see the others in a similar vein!

Good! I cannot wait to reveal the rest of playable cast and furthermore!