Author Topic: Chrono Vendian Updates & Progress  (Read 746 times)

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Vendian Updates & Progress
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 06:12:39 am »
I am glad you liked the idea, I studied in the field of quantum physics a lot so I guess we can set stuff up for time travel mechanics to be realistic if you would like.

dclem

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 04:25:22 am »
I am glad you liked the idea, I studied in the field of quantum physics a lot so I guess we can set stuff up for time travel mechanics to be realistic if you would like.

With the main scenario complete, now's the time for extra side content.

dclem

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 04:46:18 am »
Update ~03/18/2021~
~87% Overall. Progress is calculated between the pace of the first-world era events/locations/scripts/actions etc. and the events ahead of it. Going forward after exploration marks the point of no return. With newly reserved space, it would not go to waste.

~Scenario changes~
This was mentioned previously, however as it is redundant, there are additions
As mentioned previously with the maps in the last update, the scenario has changed dramatically for the first-world era (i.e. where the game begins).

•The player will stranded and will need find nearest land.
•The player will embark on a long journey to get to the key location nearest to the next section.
•Despite the open-world, if the player ventures off the path too far for their ability, it might not end well.
•Prepare to enter the next section on arrival & events, which is the point of no return and the longest section.
•Party begins with three allies: Crono, Lucca and Marle. However, other party members can be found by exploring the open world so as long as the point of no return isn't crossed.
•New locations can also be accessed be side content in Chrono Vendian. This will also link back to the first-world era, so there are no accidental point of no return entries.

Visual Update for March is on the horizon. I'll refrain from revealing small tidbits of environments & PC models of the greater update but I will list the remaining key updates:

•Through the tribulation, more player characters have been added. In particular one who will control differently than the rest.
•Scythes are an official weapon discipline in game. Its objects are completed. It utilizes the user's magic power into the damage calculation formulae.
•ATB 3.0 sees major update & some reversions.

•Gambit targets make a return, however in contrast of ATB 3.0—the functions are inversed, a result of the following changes (mentioned below):

*Party formation (in beta) subject to change
ATB OFF : Activates Gambit Target, disabled Auto-Battle (PC's do not repeat commands after the first action, and also re-enabled PC auto-movement towards target (if within a certain distance from said target)

*Party formation (in beta) subject to change
ATB ON: Deactivates Gambit Target, enables auto-battle, and disables PC auto-movement toward target of a given distance.

This reversion came to those who prefer, so it is optional.

•Internal changes to gameplay including real time simulation (not in the façade of command charge time zero) however, at the cost of some lost functionalities of other abilities (i.e. Summons).

It's a tribulating factor, which going through rigorous debugging, how far it can go without breaking too much of game's flow of operations.
The battle menu is rearranged to have less sub-menus and lists, and one option for single-inputs to the player character's immediate action.

•Original ATB 3.0 subtraction of automated gambits will remain an option.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:48:01 am by dclem »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life
  • Lavos (+4000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 10:23:57 am »
This is so awesome. I love how you've tweaked the gambit system, and seeing the original spells is just... *chefs kiss*

Also... I see what characters you have hidden there. :D

dclem

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 12:33:01 am »
The original route headed for removing the gambits required much more to have the gameplay feel fluid, rather cumbersome (especially over a period of time, and natural grinding). dig deeper, but also having more options is always a plus, so despite the extra it was decided to keep all types of gameplay.

The gambit functionality is in fact inversed and the PC's responsive movement is affected too because of the initial changes, the resulting outcome.

This is so awesome. I love how you've tweaked the gambit system, and seeing the original spells is just... *chefs kiss*

Also... I see what characters you have hidden there. :D

On that—he controls are in fact different than the rest. Since the sfx attachment is on this specific slot, the weapons too will have the effects attached. It makes sense given the sprint animation in Chrono Trigger is different than the rest.