Author Topic: Keystone T-2 Question  (Read 2776 times)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« on: September 04, 2005, 01:40:15 am »
OK, I'm still not quite sure if I properly know this:

Because of Chronopolis and Dinopolis coming in in 7600 BC, what effects would have that had on time? Yes I know El Nido was the biggest difference which ended up casuing the events of CC blah blah blah! Now, my proper question to everyone is this:

Becuase of all this, wouldn't stuff like Crono's help in 600 AD and all that be screwed up at all by all the happenings? What else could have changed. Or in fact, did anything NOT change until 900 AD when Porre started colinizing El Nido (which in turn most likely led to the Fall of Guardia)?

Your thoughts would be highly appreciated!

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 01:56:35 am »
I don't think it would have affected his 600 A.D. escapades because Chronopolis and Dinopolis were located in El Nido, right? And so that would be out of reach by the mainland for at least a little while longer.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 02:08:50 am »
Woops, it looks like I didnt explain something thoroughly enough.

I'm not just talking about Chronopolis and Diniopolis themselves. I'm more or less talking about the overall effects that these two (because of the Time Crash) created. I mean, even though they were warped to the middle of the ocean in 7600. Who is to say that the ancestors of say the Knight Captain in 600 AD didnt see a bright light (the two research centers being warped in) in the sky, then sailed over to see what it was then got killed by robots or wild animals in El Nido? Anything is possible.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 02:23:15 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
Woops, it looks like I didnt explain something thoroughly enough.

I'm not just talking about Chronopolis and Diniopolis themselves. I'm more or less talking about the overall effects that these two (because of the Time Crash) created. I mean, even though they were warped to the middle of the ocean in 7600. Who is to say that the ancestors of say the Knight Captain in 600 AD didnt see a bright light (the two research centers being warped in) in the sky, then sailed over to see what it was then got killed by robots or wild animals in El Nido? Anything is possible.

Hmm, you have a point. Though when I imagine the complexes being "warped in", I just imagine that they just simply appear (I.e no warping sequence/flashy lights). It's not there, and then it is (well, that's how I figure it).

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 02:26:47 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
Though when I imagine the complexes being "warped in", I just imagine that they just simply appear (I.e no warping sequence/flashy lights). It's not there, and then it is (well, that's how I figure it).

Yes, I can see what you mean. I suppose, that only comes down to personal opinion, as I believe it actually comes through like a giant Dimensional Vortex (something like the one in Magus' Castle). Now something that large would probably cause a bright light.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 02:40:08 am »
Technically, there's no way that it wouldn't have an effect on time. Even a year later there'd be SOME difference that it'd cause, and the same can even be said for a minute later. However, talking to a villager in 600AD would have an impact on 1000AD, but actually changing the world each time you do something in the past is impossible for a SNES game. That example isn't exactly similar, becuase, for all we know, even in the simplified laws of time-change (where talking to people and doing things in the past has little or no effect in the present/future), something could've happened to the mainland... Hell, there might even be a whole nother Chrono Trigger, where Crono and co. do similar actions as in Chrono Trigger, but with Porre militarized, and w/e differences the time crashed caused.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 02:43:55 am »
Which is exactly why so many games could be actually spawned from CT.

But my example is differnt in the fact that the Knight Capatain has quite a large part in 600, so a difference would be noticed.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 03:15:11 am »
Since the whole Dinopolis/Chronopolis/El Nido package was waaaaaay off into the ocean, I don't think anyone would notice jack diddly. The only effect caused that's noticable is the Dark Moon, and all that's gonna change is a few myth and astrology tidbits.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the Time and Space section?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 03:51:30 am »
Damn, thnx heaps Aura!! I get it hooked in my mind that the Characters Plots and Themes area is like the entire thing if u know what I mean.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 09:22:48 am »
The Dark Moon isn't visible from Zenan Mainland. Serge didn't see it when he went to Lucca's orphanage.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 10:25:42 am »
It may have been on another side...

Oo wait, The Dark Moon did not exist until Serge entered Chronopolis. And that fire happens like in......... Wait wtf. Kid is like 6 then, and if the fire is in 1016AD, then she'd be like 10 at 1020.... WTF....

Anyway, The Dark Moon only appeared in 1007AD when the Dragons had the power to release Harle whilst Chronopolis malfunctioned from the magnetic storm.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 12:35:35 pm »
Dino/Chronopolis should have affected the main timeline drmatically.  Sure, maybe no one saw the thing, and no one went out to explore it.  But wouldn't it work the other way around?  Chronopolis had fighter jets, and you would think Chronopolis would have at least searched outside of El Nido somewhere in the 8,000 year time period they had before 1,000 A.D.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 01:19:56 pm »
Well, it didn't affect it for one reason.

FATE explicitly kept mainland contact severed. This is what the Records of FATE were originally for; they prevented any members of the paradise from venturing out. As the game states, contact with the mainland only came about in 920 A.D. when Porrean settlers came in (the Viper clan) and established the Acacia Dragoons.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 01:57:39 pm »
and why would FATE need fighter jets? It's omniscient with it's supertechnological psuedo-clairovoyance.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Keystone T-2 Question
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 06:19:31 pm »
Why does FATE let the Porreans enter and leave when they like? Maybe it's because Porre is the central regime later that allows FATE to be built?

Also, why is FATE scared that it wont be built. Shouldn't it have TTI.