Enhasa Halls - Chrono Series Analysis > Characters, Plot, and Themes

Is Leena Adopted?

(1/2) > >>

Kodokami:
Una is her "brother" but this can't be true—Miguel left for the Sea of Eden in 1006, when Leena was only 2 years old. Una, by appearance, is much younger than her, meaning that Miguel is not Una's father; Miguel also doesn't mention Una's name when he dies, only Leena's. So either their mother remarried years later, or Leena was adopted by a family in the village.

I'm leaning on the latter if only because another father is never mentioned. For that matter, their mother is only mentioned, never shown. Which is odd. We see their grandmother but not their mother?

Hm. I suppose it could be Una who is adopted instead.

Acacia Sgt:
He doesn't look that much younger. He reaches about up to Serge's chin, for instance. Or just slightly smaller than the 14 year old Van's height. Unless he was just tall for his age, whichever one was it.

If Una was conceived just about before the demon panther incident, that would make him about 13, almost 14 at the most, by the time of Cross, so... still plausible to be Miguel's biological son, I'd say. Which can also explain why Miguel only mentioned Leena. Tragic as it could be that he may legit not know he has a son, as he left before finding out.

Lennis:
Leena is 100% adopted.  It's really the only explanation that makes sense.  And the fact we never see her mother is more than suspicious.  I think there may have been a major plot thread here that was simply abandoned by the developers.  Hmmm...  Can no one see it?

Acacia Sgt:
I mean, Leena being actually Crono and Marle's daughter who ended up in El Nido after the Fall used to be a popular theory, though also going hand in hand with the "Miguel is Crono" one.

Lennis:
I believe this might have been originally intended.  The only thing that really wrecks the theory in canon is Miguel's appearance and how the Dead Sea sequence played out.  Everything else fits.  Huge missed opportunity by the devs.  Might this have been a consequence of a reduced budget?  It really saddens me to think of what might have been.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version