Author Topic: Ayla is the Best Girl and the Ultimate Waifu  (Read 9663 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Ayla is the Best Girl and the Ultimate Waifu
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2020, 04:28:59 pm »
I need to play more to get to this Lesbomagnetic field. Or will I need the anime for that bit?
I've played the original, as well as SG0, but I completely forgot if the game actually had the Lesbomagnetic Field statement. I only know that the subbed-version of the anime had it (the dub changed it).

I do know that the game is filled to the brim with JoJo memes, from the Rohan Kishibe meme you used, to Kurisu messaging "ROAD ROLLAH" to you, to Daru pulling a Bucciarati in one of the endings.

There's even a Za Warudo when one of the characters is introduced.

EDIT: I just remembered that Hokyo even does a Joseph Joestar in the future in SG0.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 04:31:31 pm by tushantin »

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2020, 05:52:34 pm »
We will have our 69th Roundtable discussion to address the lack of Lesbomagnetic Fields in anime dubs.

I'm sure I'll miss most of the JoJo memes, except when they give a tip on them.

My first experience with Road Rollers was this:

I later learned it was a JoJo reference.

I'll probably get to Steins;Gate 0 and Steins;Date at some point. I have weighed the pros and cons of Steins;Date.

Pros: Lots of cute girls as love interests.
Cons: You play as HoKyo.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 11:52:05 pm »
I went and platinumed Steins;Gate.

There was an image of Part-Time Warrior and Christina the Pervert as Seiryu and Byakko at one point, which made me wonder who the other gods were. I'd say Mayuri is Suzaku for plot related reasons. Maybe Lukako for Genbu? Let's just get her to come out of her shell.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 05:36:28 am »
I love how we just straight up hijacked Boo's thread, lol.

There was an image of Part-Time Warrior and Christina the Pervert as Seiryu and Byakko at one point, which made me wonder who the other gods were. I'd say Mayuri is Suzaku for plot related reasons. Maybe Lukako for Genbu? Let's just get her to come out of her shell.

Nah, Suzaku is Hokyo. I mean, he literally calls himself "Hououin", a Chinese Phoenix. While Suzaku and Houou are two different creatures altogether, they do share common symbolism with the Phoenix. Plus, just like Crono in CT experiences a death and rebirth, Okabe also experiences a (metaphorical) death and rebirth in SG0 in the Dr Jordan B Peterson sense.

That would probably make Mayuri "Genbu" for metaphorical and symbolic purposes. Or Lukako for the shell metaphor. Or Daru because looks like a turtle.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 02:34:54 pm »
Glad to be of hijacking assistance. :P

Nah, Suzaku is Hokyo
"Houou as in Phoenix, then in, then Kyoma as a secret which must not be revealed."

Mayuri got shot, hit by a car, hit by a train, became a gelmayu, had a heart attack, and probably a few other things. Also I don't want to give HoKyo any credit if I can avoid it. :P

Or Daru because looks like a turtle.
This one I can agree with. :P

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2020, 06:29:42 pm »
Speaking of lesbomagnetic fields... Lucca tends to get all the pseudo-lesbian idolism, but...

Reason #4: Ayla recognizes, respects, and is largely attracted to strength. Physical strength, mental prowess, strength of character...

I bet she would swing any direction she wants and would refuse to even label it.

...5 minutes later...

After typing this up, I wanted to find her actual quote about liking strong people ("men and women"). Personally, I don't really think there is any intentional sexual orientation applied to the quote, but I found this and thought it was at least a little interesting: https://legendsoflocalization.com/aylas-sexual-orientation-in-chrono-trigger/

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 07:25:20 pm »
Lucca tends to get all the pseudo-lesbian idolism, but...
I share it between both of them. Especially with Ayla's line.

The only character whose sexual orientation ever came up was the villain known as “Mayonna” in the Japanese version, also known as “Flea” in the English version.
I could make a long list of exceptions, including one of particular note between two PCs, but I'm lazy and just grumble that is only referencing non-straight orientations.

Speaking of referencing non-straight orientations, Mayuri gets all the yuri flags in CT3: Steins;Gate, with Christina the Pervert, Faris Nyannyan, and Lukako LongJapaneseLastName. Must be her name.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2020, 10:33:57 am »
I dunno, man. I've always seen Ayla's appreciation for strength (physical, mental, etc.) as more of a sign of respect than an actual sexual attraction, even if "respect" often leads to sexual attraction (besides, I doubt anybody in her tribe is even stronger than her, physically, mentally or by character). Otherwise she probably wouldn't pair-bond with Kino of all people.

Besides, I generally don't give a rat's ass about a character's sexual orientation unless it's relevant to the plot or their development as a character (for example: Luka's development as he learns to weigh personal satisfaction and responsibility, a point in the story that gets overlooked by most fans, but is also what makes me admire the character, especially thanks to his extended development in SG0). Otherwise it only seems to matter to me if it's hentai.

Lukako LongJapaneseLastName. Must be her name.
Daga otoko da!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2020, 01:17:47 pm »
Maybe Kino is brilliant by cave person standards? In which case Lucca must be impossibly attractive.

Daga otoko da!
MWAHAHAHAHA! Do you think Lab Mem 006 would be restrained by a mere thing like biology? She was a woman, before and after the D-Mail! This is the will of Steins Gate!!!

Besides, else could Mayuri have yuri flags with her?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2020, 01:57:59 am »
Besides, else could Mayuri have yuri flags with her?

The thing about Mayuri, though, is that everybody seems to be attracted to her besides Okabe. Even without romance, she seems to be the reason why Hokyo even has friends, and WITH romance you get people like Daru simping over her sometimes, Fubuki (her friend) sexually harassing her, and even Fubuki's brother (in LBP) willing to give his heart and soul to her.

But SHE, on the other hand... er... well, you'll see. Let's just say she's only interested in one particular person's D-Mail.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2020, 04:31:14 am »
Fubuki gets on screen somewhere? Neat.

Based on what I've seen, Mayuri only has eyes for Christina... and maybe some Stockholm Syndrome feelings for the insane mad scientist that kidnapped her.

Biggest unanswered question in the game is how Daru had kids.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2020, 01:25:39 am »
Fubuki gets on screen somewhere? Neat.

Yeah, in SG0. The VN, specifically, has an interesting role for her (I'm not sure if you'd be surprised by it, but it did surprise me.)

Biggest unanswered question in the game is how Daru had kids.
Ah, Fate -- or, as they scientifically put it, Convergence.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 01:55:44 am »
Reason #5 - She lives in prehistory, yet if you look at her closely, her nails look stellar. That means she gives great back scratches!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2020, 01:38:48 pm »
You're going to mention her nails, but not that hair?

Yeah, in SG0. The VN, specifically, has an interesting role for her (I'm not sure if you'd be surprised by it, but it did surprise me.)
At some point I'll get to the other VNs. I have some Trails to play at the moment.

Ah, Fate -- or, as they scientifically put it, Convergence.
Does Suzuha's mom look like the underside of a bridge?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2020, 02:19:49 pm »
Does Suzuha's mom look like the underside of a bridge?
Spoilers: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A9edNW

Reason #5 - She lives in prehistory, yet if you look at her closely, her nails look stellar. That means she gives great back scratches!
You're going to mention her nails, but not that hair?