Author Topic: Chrono Trigger first time in years Journal  (Read 137 times)

VidKid369

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger first time in years Journal
« on: July 22, 2020, 12:07:32 am »
Hey, guys! I waited a few days because I was reluctant to make a new thread since I'm new here, I don't want to step on any eggshells, I received such a welcome. I thought it might be interesting and kinda fun to share my impressions of CT for the first time in years I do know for sure I've beat it before but it's been so long all the lines seem new to me I completely forgotten everything!! Just a little forewarning I do take my time playing RPGs and I go really slow I really like to milk everything as much as possible for all its worth. I can only game for 2 hours max. each day because of my schedule but when I have nothing else to do/freetime I can sit there for 9-7 hours.

I just made it thru the sewers and I'm at the Keeper's Dome with Crono Marle, Lucca. So far the, my impressions of the game have been, are pretty good. I love Marle I think she's such an interesting character being a princess and all. Lucca's also pretty cool because she is Crono's friend.

I plan to play the game daily until I finish.

I do tend to write a lot I hope it's ok here. I prefer writing in just a thread also.

Edit:
I just made it through the Future era and am now at the End of Time. Once I got to the future I thought I was gonna see neon signs but it is actually pretty bleak. I got to meet Robo who's one of my favorite characters I love his themesong. His storyline's also pretty cool. I used the enertron with him in the party and I wonder why'd he'd ever get hungry? The End of Time is pretty beautiful, I like the fences.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 05:28:35 am by VidKid369 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life
  • Lavos (+4000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger first time in years Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 01:44:32 pm »
I love this idea! Keep it going!

I remember I got stuck at the End of Time, because 11 year old couldn't figure out clockwise, haha... I rage-quit and ended up figuring it out the next day.

Toreadore

• Earthbound (+15)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 07:03:08 pm »
I got to meet Robo who's one of my favorite characters I love his themesong. His storyline's also pretty cool. I used the enertron with him in the party and I wonder why'd he'd ever get hungry?

Well, damn. After 25 years, there are still new points to ponder  :lol:

Razig

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 08:10:24 pm »
I love to read people's impressions as they play Chrono Trigger for the first time, so I'm looking forward to this. Even if you've technically beaten the game before, it's close enough.
:)

As for why Robo would get hungry, maybe he uses a chemical fuel source? He has that big boiler-looking thing on his back, and his official art has him venting smoke or steam.

VidKid369

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 05:45:33 am »
Hey, guys! As I promised I've been trying to play Chrono Trigger daily it was a little tough trying to fit in actual gaming time because I'm so busy doing other hobbies, but I managed to play for only a few minutes which was convenient because the next scene was a big one. I met the Old Man at The End of Time and, Spekkio taught me magic. I thought that was pretty big. The End of Time is so pretty. I thought the elements each of them received was really interesting and Robo's shadow laser "magic." I could never beat Spekkio on the first try as a kid, and I still can't do it now.

I love Robo's thememusic, it's my favorite and I always have.

Lol, I just wonder why he gets 'hungry' because he's a robot. I've always noticed that even as a little kid.

I guess my healing magic is too weak I couldn't beat him even with Marle and Robo.

Edit:
Hey, guys! I managed to beat Spekkio today by learning Cure for Marle. I got a bunch of items from it in its first-form! I visited Medina for a little bit. But I was mostly grinding at the Hunting Range for like two hours today. I managed to learn Delta Force from the Nu there because Heckran always gave me trouble the first-time around. I know Heckran's a tough boss.

Edit(2):
Hey, guys! I'm trying not to double post so I'm just gonna edit my post.

I beat Heckran it was easier than I remembered! I have to go to the Middle Ages thru the Fairgrounds but I stopped to finally do the wretched Tent of Horrors. I just keep fighting Gato over and over until I reach the cap for Silver Points then I go to the Tent of Horrors. I pay 10 then I play the game. I got a poyozo doll for Crono's room and now I'm stocking up on cat food. The mask thing seems super serious when he gives you the food for Crono's cat so, ... I don't really know what it's about. This really gave me a hard time when I was little, younger so I am doing it now. I just keep my eye on Piette in the middle and hope I have to guess him if not I just make a guess between the other two. I did this for like an hour-and-a-half today, this afternoon, lol!

Hope you guys are enjoying this so far. I'm really into the game! And it helps me learn a little bit about myself like. Why do I like RPGs?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 04:31:19 am by VidKid369 »