Author Topic: Odd Marle picture  (Read 10440 times)

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Princess Nadia of Guardia a.k.a. Marle
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
Re: Odd Marle picture
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 08:52:48 pm »
Let's really cause some head aches and assume that:

Prehistoric age- Kino and Ayla
120000B.C- MAGUS/JANUS and ?
600A.D.-King Guaria and Leene
1000A.D. King Guardia and Queen Aliza

XD

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 10:06:13 pm »
Janus: here lady. Take this.
Leene: oh thank you little boy what a nice pendant. Now I guess it's time for me to ...go...
Janus: ozzie!
Leene: cyrus!
Janus: ...touché. and call me magus.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 06:35:50 am »
I'm not saying that things would be the same for those first generations, but that those big changes become not just negligible but non-existent over 13,000 years. So we have a Marle who's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother was not Schala in a new timeline when in the original she was. Given that any daughter Schala would have had would have been living in the Last Village, the daughter of Not-Schala would have had largely the same experiences. Let's be generous and say that a child's development is determined 90% by their parents and 10% by society. Schala would have only had a 45% impact on her daughter's life, and thus Not-Schala's daughter would be missing that 45% impact. Which, with the same situations being applied, means that not a single quirk, bit of knowledge, habit, axiom, etc, would have survived down 13,000 years.

Now we might say that Marle would have been different in some intangible way (after all, New-Marle would have Not-Schala as an ancestor rather than Schala), but given how little a person is influenced by a single individual who lived 13,000 years ago, it goes too far to say that an ancestor couldn't be changed. Indeed, given the population of the Last Village, a lot more people than just Marle would have had Schala as an ancestor; you don't see huge portions of the world disappearing just because Schala got sent to the DBT.

Mind you, this isn't to say that Schala was Marle's ancestor. Just that she could have been and a switch to the timeline wouldn't have been significant enough to erase Marle.

You are forgetting the butterfly effect. Since things would be so different in the first few generations (through different genetics and upbringing), this would almost inevitably cause changes farther down the timeline. It is extremely unlikely that the same circumstances would result with a switched-out ancestor.

Marle has Time-Traveler's Immunity (probably), but this change would apply to her father and the rest of the Guardia Line.  I would therefore postulate, that the royal family of Zeal has no relation to that of Guardia, and that, even in the Lavos-Timeline, the pendant somehow landed in the hands of the ancestors of the latter.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 03:57:11 pm »
This, I can mostly agree with. The only thing is that, as you said, it is extremely unlikely, not necessarily impossible. Considering how such things always turn out in role-playing game storylines, the near-impossible always managing to manifest in some way, it almost makes it certain, albeit in some ironic manner.

On the whole though, I actually support your theory in that the pendant just came into possession of the Guardian ancestors, rather than somehow Schala being Marle's actual ancestor. It's a far more feasible, not to mention more easily explained theory than Schala and Marle being related.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 06:04:47 pm »
I was just saying Leene could have received it from the young Janus, but also Schala could have had a child already (before the events of CT). Maybe with an earthbound man she loved or just lusted for?

She was, what, 16? In the dark ages, when the marriage age IRL was like 12? It's not that far-fetched. A metaphorically blue-haired bastard child that exists after the fall of Zeal no matter when or how Zeal actually falls. The bridge between the earthbound and enlightened. The one who can rule over all.

Like the pregnant woman's kid from Game of Thrones was supposed to be before the spoiler happened.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 01:15:07 am »
When Magus was bumming around looking for Schala in the Dark Ages, he told that beach-combing Nu to go to him first with whatever remains of the Ocean Palace he found. Eventually the pendant washed ashore, and Doreen told Mags what happened to Schala, so Magus was all "well damn. Okay, Nu, hold onto this for 12,600 years, and go hang out wherever there's lots of frogs. After the war, follow the biggest dumb frog to the castle and give this to the reigning queen.... Oh. I should probably undo that infertility spell that Flea cast on her way back when, if shit's gonna get done. Now I gotta go either cry until I have amnesia or go take care of a vengeful aussie baby depending on what canon this universe follows"

SEVERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED ALL AT ONCE

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 01:33:28 pm »
When Magus was bumming around looking for Schala in the Dark Ages, he told that beach-combing Nu to go to him first with whatever remains of the Ocean Palace he found. Eventually the pendant washed ashore, and Doreen told Mags what happened to Schala, so Magus was all "well damn. Okay, Nu, hold onto this for 12,600 years, and go hang out wherever there's lots of frogs. After the war, follow the biggest dumb frog to the castle and give this to the reigning queen.... Oh. I should probably undo that infertility spell that Flea cast on her way back when, if shit's gonna get done. Now I gotta go either cry until I have amnesia or go take care of a vengeful aussie baby depending on what canon this universe follows"

SEVERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED ALL AT ONCE

NU CANON

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 11:16:35 pm »
Eventually the pendant washed ashore
How could it be washed ashore? Unless it is a fake plastic pendant. Or maybe the material is actually pretty light weighted (or it was attached to some other object like corpse).

BTW, the old ocean palace didn't need to be like the new one like Bekkler said, so the possibilities are infinite, the pendant even didn't have to be in the ocean palace.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 11:22:14 pm »
It's magic or Doreen knew how to swim